IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

• 2 weeks later...

As a bit of a kneejerk/impulse buy (after checking out the spec a forum), I've just purchased an 80's Analogue oscilloscope which runs at 20mhz

Hameg Oscilloscope HM203-6..  Working Condition. 20 Mhz.

Hameg Oscilloscope HM203-6.. Working Condition. 20 Mhz.

Got me some compatible BNC probes/leads too.

Thanks to Marauder666 for his expert advice.

Now to bone up on all things anaglogue oscilloscope related, first stop - the manual)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariGeezer said:

My PCBWay orders arrived :)

I had 5 of the VBXE 800 Carrier Boards Assembled so I'll have three to sell if someone else is thinking of adding VBXE to their 800.

800.thumb.jpg.ab97a0d677e0da832f548ef618030574.jpg

Also had some SIO2Wifi boards made, have a new HW addition to add to these :)

SIO2Wifi.thumb.jpg.1e1c5bc787cab20bf85aea807ffe34ce.jpg

Niiiiice! I am after one but unfortunately I am in the UK.

An ICD P:R: still shrinkwrapped and a boxed German speech synthesizer box (Alienware repackaged by Atari Germany) with manual but without floppy. I always liked S.A.M. and wanted to give this a try (plus I never ever saw one of this before, must have appeared when I had moved on to the ST and/or wasn’t sold where I lived). 

• Like 3

Picked up a 600XL which was almost as listed.  Bit dirty but seems in decent condition.  Did a quick boot with RF, got power but no video, oh bugger.  Gave composite a try to see if TV would give a clue and up popped a nice colour image.  Didn't have time to do a full check but ?fre(0 and ) definitely work, no not a,n,d :). gave a result of 13326 so not RAM upgrade...yet.

Atari 600XL, (PAL)  new U1MB (1MB) upgrade +a/v+power + joystick + box + manuals - Picture 1 of 4

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Ah this one the seller accidentally advertised as having u1mb. (He just copied the title and details from another sellers listing. Think it was totally innocent).

Yeah I agree, seemed innocent.  Chap was making sure everything was ok before accepting payment.

Glad I finally got one, there has been a few on eBay lately which I too had missed out on too. For this one I'd bid quite high as I'd seen the 'upgrade' a couple of days before I bid and didn't realise about the changes until after.  I'm glad no-one put a daft bid in or it might not have been such a good bargain.😁

• Like 1

19 hours ago, deffroe said:

Picked up a 600XL which was almost as listed.  Bit dirty but seems in decent condition.  Did a quick boot with RF, got power but no video, oh bugger.  Gave composite a try to see if TV would give a clue and up popped a nice colour image.  Didn't have time to do a full check but ?fre(0 and ) definitely work, no not a,n,d :). gave a result of 13326 so not RAM upgrade...yet.

Atari 600XL, (PAL)  new U1MB (1MB) upgrade +a/v+power + joystick + box + manuals - Picture 1 of 4

Is that one of those suicidal power packs?  Ingot???

15 minutes ago, mytek said:

Is that one of those suicidal power packs?  Ingot???

That's only a problem, (I believe) with the US models. I don't think it applies to the UK ones. (Correct me if I am wrong) :)

Edit: heh heh XrBrevin and my replies crossed over there! ;)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 6:44 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

Would you mind posting photos of this?  Don't believe I've ever seen one of these before and am really curious about it.

Certainly, here they are. The floppy is missing, probably in a floppy storage box somewhere. Luckily a dump is available on atariwiki. 

It‘s interesting that Atari Germany considered this a viable product for their lineup. Maybe because Alienware did not market it in Europe. I‘d be really curious to know how many were sold and if any other national Atari branch marketed them. 

It might not be that obvious from the pictures but the box sleeve looks crude even by 1980‘s packaging standards. The printing is quite „washed out“, almost like an early color photocopy (which I don’t think was widely available at the time).

It would also be interesting if the inner box is the same the original Alienware box came in. It looks more like a US than a German box. 
IMG_1485.thumb.jpeg.b597f8a2d2ddb53b5725aac2c32d91d1.jpeg
IMG_1486.thumb.jpeg.c9e778a905c3c4fee9cc66648db84973.jpeg

IMG_1487.thumb.jpeg.d442c6845c5e590919782a91f2c58d19.jpegIMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.27abbc6d32c5758eb08b4e4082e1965f.jpegIMG_1489.thumb.jpeg.c1f992a9150b10f58e8b742afb9c0933.jpegIMG_1490.thumb.jpeg.6ecde40f00e011e0b4dcf7c2a95aa04e.jpegIMG_1492.thumb.jpeg.9ef85c5bd4dad28ad355659fabcf1134.jpegIMG_1493.thumb.jpeg.df05ca5375bde41d9bf7a363391e0fa9.jpeg

Pictures may be used freely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2023 at 6:44 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

Would you mind posting photos of this?  Don't believe I've ever seen one of these before and am really curious about it.

Here's mine with a demo : https://www.atarinside.com/blog/index.php/atarinside-items/sprachbox-voice-box/

• Like 3

17 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Interesting that they just tossed the original unit in a different box and didn't even attempt to put the Atari name or logo on it.

@Marsupilami and @Bill Lange earn the credit for gathering information about it and sharing it.

What I found interesting is that the US version as documented by Bill Lange has a green label and (speed adjustment?) knob while the "German" version has a red label and no knob.

I initially assumed the green box is version I and the red one version II but @Savetz demonstrates a green labeled one without knob in his video. The magazine articles announcing II don't mention any differences but they seem to be relevant as a previous thread mentions the need to only use the correct software. 

So it would be interesting if there are green labeled version II units or version I units without knob. Are there US retail versions with a red label or is the red label maybe exclusive for the version Atari sold?

• Like 1

Think I'm getting a joystick fetish...in-between getting a 600XL, 800XLF, a 2nd xegs...I got the sticks in the pics, some are unbranded so need to check them out.  They are added to a zipstik, RamDelta, a pastel cruiser, black cruiser and a cruiser turbo.

I'm gonna go blind...!

IMG_20230901_202455.jpg

IMG_20230901_202241.jpg

IMG_20230901_201724.jpg

IMG_20230901_201559.jpg

IMG_20230901_201453.jpg

13 minutes ago, deffroe said:

Think I'm getting a joystick fetish...in-between getting a 600XL, 800XLF, a 2nd xegs...I got the sticks in the pics, some are unbranded so need to check them out.  They are added to a zipstik, RamDelta, a pastel cruiser, black cruiser and a cruiser turbo.

I'm gonna go blind...!

IMG_20230901_202455.jpg

IMG_20230901_202241.jpg

IMG_20230901_201724.jpg

IMG_20230901_201559.jpg

IMG_20230901_201453.jpg

So how do they all work with Donkey Kong?

Of those pictured, the Bug has a broken wire, so missing a direction...but it looks cool.

The next down is possibly a ZipStik Competition has microswitch direction and a bit of a mushy fire, but works well.

Next down is a non worker but like the look..again.

Next down, Mindscape Power Player, got a pair of these, both work well but first time using this type of joystick, so needs a bit of getting used to.  Feels like too much movement on stick.

Last one, which looks a bit Competition 5000'ish feels like a quality joystick, very precise, very tight stick.  Feels better than my ZipStik Super Pro.

32 minutes ago, reifsnyderb said:

So how do they all work with Donkey Kong?