IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Do the 1029s generally still work, or are they just collectors pieces?

-edit-

To stay on topic: Just got Clone War by PI software in full size box on cassette for the Atari400/800 with at least 16KB RAM.

I believe it may be a legit R10.

I have two, one which works and one which kind of works. I think the belt may be stretched on the second. I'm out of ribbons for both of them though :(

@FastRobPlus

Atari 1029 (and XMM801, B&C sell it new for $50) are good printers.

@Jon

I think you're more chemically inclined than me...

1029 printers are awesome... I wish I still had one, but finding one here in the US is nigh on impossbile.

I would like to pick up a XMM801, but B&C keep giving me the run around in email, and they sell the same printer on EBAY for $75.00, I don't think they want to let me have one for the $49.99 on their website.

Edited by orpheuswaking

1029 printers are awesome... I wish I still had one, but finding one here in the US is nigh on impossbile.

I would like to pick up a XMM801, but B&C keep giving me the run around in email, and they sell the same printer on EBAY for $75.00, I don't think they want to let me have one for the $49.99 on their website.

Simon, if you don't have an 800XL and, if you have it, you don't want a printer with the same style, XMM801 is the right choice (in particular for $50). I bought my XMM801 from B&C too but I had to pay overseas shipping! :_(

AFAIK its ribbons are easier to found and cheaper than 1029 ones.

I noticed this auction a few days ago....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1706241519631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170624151963&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

post-25989-0-63371700-1302725447_thumb.jpg

post-25989-0-64289300-1302725626_thumb.jpg

post-25989-0-47546900-1302725491_thumb.jpg

I was surprised it ended w/out any bids.... :?

Then it was sold "privately" a couple of days later.

Is the buyer anyone from Atari Age?? :roll:

I noticed a few things (see red arrows) i would have been interested to buy (but the seller did not bother):

- the boxed Atari CX30 paddles: i have never seen this particular type.. with the extra "edge part" on top of each knob and the silver finish around them. I don't think they are common are they?

- i also liked the boxes for the 16K Ram expansion kits.... :lust:

Let me know if any of you got these items in their collection. ;)

A while back, I won an Atari 820 Printer on ebay. When I got it the bottom plastic was cracked and broken in several places, but the top half was in perfect condition. Everything was operational, but one of the twist on fuse holders was also broken. I realized that the bottom plastic is the same as the Atari 810 halves, so I was able to fix the printer using a broken Atari 810 from the same auction :x - It's perfect! But... I need to heat gun the 820 SIO port & fuse label off the back of the broken piece. Since this is taking up space, and I need to make room, make me an offer for the printer before I list it on ebay. Printer looks and works perfectly, but has the 810 label on the back. I will include the original half for you to heat gun off the label & a matching pair of similar fuse holders with caps.

Simon, if you don't have an 800XL and, if you have it, you don't want a printer with the same style, XMM801 is the right choice (in particular for $50). I bought my XMM801 from B&C too but I had to pay overseas shipping! :_(

AFAIK its ribbons are easier to found and cheaper than 1029 ones.

I'd like both to be honest :D but I'm not paying B&C $75 for something they list on their website for $50

- the boxed Atari CX30 paddles: i have never seen this particular type.. with the extra "edge part" on top of each knob and the silver finish around them. I don't think they are common are they?

post-25989-0-51493600-1302854343_thumb.jpg

Anyone??? :roll:

:D :D I think it just lacks the cover

not prototyp ;)

cx30.jpg

they arnt naked, they just have a different type of knob... the kind that was common to most knobbed devices in the 70's...

considering the input shaft of the controller was a very common size, someone may have found a different type of knob and put them on to be 'different' or 'stylish'...

sloopy.