IGNORED

Previous 7800 HSC Rounds

shadow460

heres my final score after i got in a game last night.....i know it sucks, but only because i need a controller holder.....i played the 'one controller' way and sucked ass

heres my final score: 287,450

BTW, also tried it on advanced using one controller and got trashed royally...highest i got was 40,425

Hey, Joe, do you have a TV card in your computer? I did a screenshot of Reactor in the 2600HSC with one, and it works a lot better than the camera picture of the screen.

The suggestions for Tower Toppler and Joust are hereby noted (fair warning, Joust gets almost as hectic as Beef Drop did).

*sigh* I know, I know....as long as godzillajoe is around, I'll never win...

Tell ya what....you buy me a Rickenbacker 12-string, I'll give you my camera. :)

who knows....you MIGHT be able to beat godzillajoe...if he was sober ;)

Hey, I'm gonna have 2 or 3 cups of extra strength dark roast tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Can't booze it up and play Robotron, you need some good reflexes for that one. Two sticks and all. I'm gonna hafta practice some piano to get my hands and brain back in the mode of doing two things at once.

Tonight my friend Harpoon IPA and I are watching the complete "Undeclared" series on DVD so no Robo for me.

I'm old, you guys should be kicking my ass :P

Atari Pro System High Score Comeptition

This is the final race of the season. You are tied for first place with the most points in the standing. It all comes down to this. You and your top competitior have raced the grueling Suzuka Circuit. You finished one and two at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. You've even tackled a hundred laps of the 'Ring. Last week, the two of you even raced three hundred kilometers on a new course through the mountains, around two high speed hairpin turns, and across a bridge over a beautiful valley.

Today you travel back to Japan for a trip around a circuit as it used to be. The crews have pulled A and B corners, laying temporary curbing and barriers onto Fuji Speedway in its original layout. Seven others will race against you. Many won't even qualify for this final race. Drive fast, and drive well, because each of your competitors are after the Pole Position II.

This week's game:

Namco's Pole Position II

Track: Fuji Speedway

Recommended Controls: Pro Line Joystick

Challenge:

Finish a race on the Suzuka Circuit

Congratulations to jwierer and Dauber for meeting the challenge in Pac-Man.

Start working your wings out now, as next week is Joust.

The HSC for Frogger ended Friday night/Saturday morning at midnight, CST. A big thank you to Schmutzpuppe for allowing us to test his work in progress.

Fastest frogs:

1. Dauber: 14,000

2. godzillajoe: 6520

3. LarcenTyler: 4130

4. PressureCooker2600: 3390

Best Robotron soldiers:

1. Dauber: 695,425

2. godzillajoe: 646,425

3. LarcenTyler: 483,675

4. PressureCooker2600: 287,450

This week's HSC is a little something special. Once the race is over and the car is put away, check out the other courses on line. Each one has details, some have driver's view videos, and most have the particular circuit's history. Here is a list of links to the courses I mentioned above:

The 'Nurb

Suzuka Circuit

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Grand Valley Speedway(in case you're not familiar, Grand Valley Speedway is a simulated track)

Fuji Speedway

I recommend use of the Pro Line because you do actually need the brakes in this game. They can save you a rear end collision or two. Pole position may be old, but physics still apply. Don't try to slam into each corner, instead, try to fade gently into each one and let off the gas when the tires begin to slide.

FUJI SPEEDWAY TIPS:

For Fuji, you need to run fast down the main straight, then brake hard for the first hairpin. Get back on the gas through the next left, then take the right turn at a constant speed. When the track straightens, brake hard again and tackle the hairpin left. Now get back on the gas for the wide right turn. Be careful, as it tightens up just before it joins the main straight.

SUZUKA CIRCUIT TIPS:

You have to stay patient throughout the series of esses on thie track. You'll want to gun it down the first straight, then slow down through that first hard right. Accelerate gently through the esses, perhaps leaving the car in low gear. Be extremely careful coming out of the esses into the short straight, as the car tends to leave the track on both of these straights. After the hairpin, the spoon turn, the corner, and the "straight" that follow won't give you too many problems, but once you crest the hill, slow down a bit until you see the starting line.

Edited by shadow460

Bah. There's no real scoring in this game. 4 laps and yr out. But oh well. There aren't that many 7800 games anyway.

BTW this cart is a beatch to cram into the system and IT COMES WITH THE DAMN THING. You'd think if one cart didn't have a problem it would be the pack-in title.

Yeah but what's in it for me? :D

I woulda won that damn Robotron contest but my friend Ellen called up smashed and we blabbed on the phone for a couple of hours instead.

We had to make plans for getting Red Sox tickets today. Hello Opening Day at Fenway 2007!

Second year in a row!

That beats playing Robotron

Five laps on the Suzuka? Now that's something.

I think it runs five laps--whatever the limit is. I know there are people who have done it. In other games, I've completed some ten or twenty laps, and I'm good for at least two in PPII.

The bridge area kills me, both over and under. They didn't render the bridge in PPII, but that same area kills me in this game, too.