IGNORED

Spreading the love with Free Games and more! - 3rd Edition!

ClassicGMR

What happened to Jake's stuff?

Scan back some posts to get most of the story. In short, he seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. Though he was on the AA site, he ignored several people's PMs, never paid promised shipping charges to at least two people, and multiple people never got items that he promised he would send (and in some cases said he did send, but clearly did not). His items were removed for these reasons.

Scan back some posts to get most of the story. In short, he seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. Though he was on the AA site, he ignored several people's PMs, never paid promised shipping charges to at least two people, and multiple people never got items that he promised he would send (and in some cases said he did send, but clearly did not). His items were removed for these reasons.

Does this mean Jake has been active on AA but hasn't been responding to his PMs?

Does this mean Jake has been active on AA but hasn't been responding to his PMs?

He hasn't been on AA since Feb 2nd as of right now. I had sent him 2 PM's and finally he replied that he had in fact mailed the items the day before. When they didn't arrive for over 2 weeks after that, I PM'ed him, then PM'ed him again... with no response. These were both before Feb 2nd when he was last seen. I also never received the $10 he owed me for shipping him a lot of stuff... it all just seems so odd. Not sure what's going on.

He hasn't been on AA since Feb 2nd as of right now. I had sent him 2 PM's and finally he replied that he had in fact mailed the items the day before. When they didn't arrive for over 2 weeks after that, I PM'ed him, then PM'ed him again... with no response. These were both before Feb 2nd when he was last seen. I also never received the $10 he owed me for shipping him a lot of stuff... it all just seems so odd. Not sure what's going on.

:ponder:

Jake seemed like a decent guy so hopefully there is a reasonable explanation behind his disappearance. You'd think that if he did mail your items, you'd have them by now, and that really bothers me. I hate to state the obvious, but the situation regarding Jake is starting to cross into that gray area of speculation that most of us have been trying to avoid. I guess only time will tell I suppose. Hopefully it will have a happy ending for all involved.

Edited by STGuy1040

Jake seemed like a decent guy so hopefully there is a reasonable explanation behind his disappearance. You'd think that if he did mail your items, you'd have them by now, and that really bothers me. I hate to state the obvious, but the situation regarding Jake is starting to cross into that gray area of speculation that most of us have been trying to avoid. I guess only time will tell I suppose. Hopefully it will have a happy ending for all involved.

Yes, the last PM I have from him stating that he sent the games was Jan 22. So, they were supposedly mailed out on Jan 21st. They would clearly have been here by now. Speculate as you will. Technically what he owes me is the games, plus $9.61 for the stuff I shipped to him *minus* whatever it cost him to ship the package to me (probably $2-3). But, once I realized there was going to be an issue, I told him one or the other was fine. Either just pay the $9.61 shipping, OR send me what he had promised me. But those are the PM's I didn't get any response from. I think I did everything I possibly could, and was quite reasonable about settling. As-is, I'm kinda s****** out of a ten spot.

If anyone on here knows him personally, or knows him online a lot better than I do, maybe they could email him to make sure he's okay (his email address is on his user page, but I haven't used it). At this point, I'd just be happy to have him post on here that he's okay and move on with it.

Yes, the last PM I have from him stating that he sent the games was Jan 22. So, they were supposedly mailed out on Jan 21st. They would clearly have been here by now. Speculate as you will. Technically what he owes me is the games, plus $9.61 for the stuff I shipped to him *minus* whatever it cost him to ship the package to me (probably $2-3). But, once I realized there was going to be an issue, I told him one or the other was fine. Either just pay the $9.61 shipping, OR send me what he had promised me. But those are the PM's I didn't get any response from. I think I did everything I possibly could, and was quite reasonable about settling. As-is, I'm kinda s****** out of a ten spot.

If anyone on here knows him personally, or knows him online a lot better than I do, maybe they could email him to make sure he's okay (his email address is on his user page, but I haven't used it). At this point, I'd just be happy to have him post on here that he's okay and move on with it.

Like I said, he seems like a nice guy so his disappearance could be something serious. No one really wants to say either way until the facts about his whereabouts are known, but at the same time situations like yours are very disheartening to hear (especially in a thread where everyone is suppose to have fun). I wish you luck and hopefully it will get resolved soon.

-Mike

Like I said, he seems like a nice guy so his disappearance could be something serious. No one really wants to say either way until the facts about his whereabouts are known, but at the same time situations like yours are very disheartening to hear (especially in a thread where everyone is suppose to have fun). I wish you luck and hopefully it will get resolved soon.

-Mike

Yeah, well, it hasn't ruined my fun, and it sure shouldn't ruin anyone else's. We're a community and look after each other, so if you ever read this Jake, please let us know you're OK.

-Mike

Yeah, well, it hasn't ruined my fun, and it sure shouldn't ruin anyone else's.

That's good to hear. :) Here's hoping he comes back in good health!

Edit: Jake was also writing reviews for Classic Video Gamer so to me that's a sign he planned on sticking around.

Edited by STGuy1040

alright, i got some PC games.. I'm not going to try installing them to make sure they work, but they worked when i used them last..

manual + box + disc

----------

need for speed underground - includes serial

manual + disc

----------

half life - includes serial

quake 3 arena - includes serial

game only

----------

big game hunter

road rash

manual only