IGNORED

Spreading the love with Free Games and more! - 3rd Edition!

ClassicGMR

I agree with White Knight that the issue with Jake should not be brought to that forum. It has nothing to do with that forum, at least not at this time. White Knight, sir, :) I hope you didn't take it that I was implying it should be brought there. Jake's email address (assuming he's still checking that one) is also still in his profile here, so there's absolutely no reason to but zaponline users. Also, visit the Zap forum, sign up (I still need to do so) and check it out... any contact attempts with Jake should be private... it was only in this forum since this is the relevant thread, and it was the only way we could tell who was still waiting for items/$ from Jake.

Just a slight update:

I was hit with snow recently, and I also had some extra things come up at the last minute. Unfortunately, this has delayed me shipping things, but I have everything sorted by who gets what, and I'll ship ASAP. Again, I'm very sorry for the delays, and I so regret it that I could just facedesk untill my head breaks...

I agree with White Knight that the issue with Jake should not be brought to that forum. It has nothing to do with that forum, at least not at this time. White Knight, sir, :) I hope you didn't take it that I was implying it should be brought there. Jake's email address (assuming he's still checking that one) is also still in his profile here, so there's absolutely no reason to but zaponline users. Also, visit the Zap forum, sign up (I still need to do so) and check it out... any contact attempts with Jake should be private... it was only in this forum since this is the relevant thread, and it was the only way we could tell who was still waiting for items/$ from Jake.

No, I didn't take it you were implying that. I just didn't want it brought to my forums because zaponline.org is new (well, at least the forums are new, Zap! itself has been online since 1997). It's real rough in the beginning, and one bad thing can turn off many users, users which being a new board can't afford to lose.

That's why I offered free newsletters to those involved in the dispute. Just wanna get it out there that I nor Zap! was involved, and to give you something for your troubles. It's not much, but it's something. :)

The last four claims I've made did not result in any deliveries thus far, after 2 weeks to 2 months depending on the who and the what, even though it is free stuff and out of the kindness of peoples hearts, I really don't see the point in using the thread any longer. I'm not mad or bitter. Times are tough for everyone, so its okay. I gave literally hundreds of items away prior to Thanksgiving (charged only actual postage), and I guess I'll do that again in my own thread when the time is right. This idea here has merit, but as they say, just like all the bail-outs, it just ain't working... so to speak. I wish you all nothing but luck with the concept and future of this thread. Should anyone want my stuff you can leave it up, I'll still be happy to give it away if I get a PM one day.

Thanks,

AX

Yeah, it did sort of eventually fall apart, didn't it? Part of it was due to volume... I think most people here had given most of their extra stuff away and maybe there's just not much left right now... and then a couple/few (sounds like maybe more) people not holding up their end of the deal. It's too bad. I too gave away tons of stuff, and did get a couple items so I'm thankful for that, but also got kinda screwed in the end as well.

I've saw threads on other boards similar to this one, except that it is a trade only. You post the items you want to trade and then others can make offers to trade. The idea here was somewhat better I thought - simply because in the other system you probably don't want/need what the other guys have to offer... The idea here is cool, but as you said before so many members are coming in and out, some people forgetting about this, and unfortunately it sounds like at least one, if not more, have accepted terms and simply never shipped. It might be better to wipe out the list and start it over. People that visit these forums regularly are going to see the updates to this thread. That would be my suggestion...

I think its quite simple. If people didnt hold up their end of the bargain, then they should be named and banned from doing any deals in this thread. Maybe noobs shouldnt be able to particpate unless they have a proven track record of posting in the forums at least once a day. I highly doubt any regular stiffed anyone so the problem to me would appear to be noobs and people that are just taking advantage with no intentions of ever holding up their end. I dont wanna be non-inclusive to people but I think you should earn your stripes before you come asking for freebies if you are new to these forums.

Its a shame to let noobs ruin a perfectly nice, giving and fun thread such as this because they didn't hold up their end.

Cut out noobs and the thread would go smooth for the most part and do what it was intended to do on all levels. ;)

Edited by Phantom

Well, I'm a noob on the forums. I gave away before I took, which I think should be a rule for this type of thing. If this counts me out then so be it.

It sounds like you've already proven yourself to be responsible, and giving away before taking might be a good rule to implement.

Edited by accousticguitar

I can vouch for stingray2772. (we have a forum for feedback though, and I'm sure I already left fb there, people should refer to that.)

I agree with Phantom's basic ideas... maybe there should be just a couple simple rules added. Wasn't JakeNut a pretty reguler AA'er though?

Edited by Mirage1972

Well, I'm a noob on the forums. I gave away before I took, which I think should be a rule for this type of thing. If this counts me out then so be it.

I also stated if youve proven to post often and contribute to threads with actual posts often, then that should be taken into consideration. My plight was against people with 5 posts asking for freebies, it certainly wasnt geared towards you or people like you. Its not black and white in that regard and I tried to convey that so forgive me if you took it to include you.

Wasn't JakeNut a pretty reguler AA'er though?

I dont know much about the guy but if he was/is, then he should be considered suspended from participating until we get more information. Like has a catastrophe happened in his life or something else reventing him from fulfilling his obligations at this time? Until we know more, I would consider him not be be eligible and that sucks for anyone waiting on something, but its better than scrapping the entire threasd because of a handful of incidents and it still would seem to me that noobs that have barely contributed in any way to AA in any manner are the ones that are causing the most issues with the discourse in this thread recently but if we have people not naming names of people whom havent held up their end, then I will have to speculate that it is noobs causing most of the discourse here.

Maybe I am wrong but from the little I've seen in the past of issues arising, some noobs seem to be the trend and cause.

Sometime soon I'll make up a list and try to see which users haven't been on in a while.. I'd be curious to see what all is still left out there. There are a couple of things I'd be interested in (and more I would be willing to donate), but I figured it was a lost cause because it seemed everybody I messaged has had various reasons for not getting to ship out or they don't reply at all. I'll shoot up the list tonight. I'll take it as anybody who hasn't been on for more than 1 week.

I haven't contributed, or taken but maybe the freebie thread needs to be wiped out and started fresh every 1-2 months. That way 'offers' that are getting no responses can get purged and anyone who is still offering can 're-offer'. And it should also help out with people who are having problems right now with shipping stuff out. Its a little inconvient though for people who are checking frequently with current offers though.

For my part, I have waited to ship until the taker lists something. That has worked well.

Additionally, Everyone I have dealt with has been very courteous and followed through on shipments and all of my stuff has been claimed and shipped but one thing. Thanks to all I have dealt with.

I'm guilty of not using the feedback forum often but it seems that would be a proper place to keep track of what users have been responsive and follow through consistently.

bah

Note that the below is only Atari. I have narrowed out people who I know haven't responded, and those who haven't logged in a while. If I removed you from MY list, don't take it personally - and if you do, log in more often.

Astroblast: No label but works. - Deteacher

Astroblast - midnight magicman

Atlantis (bad label) - midnight magicman

Atlantis (day scene) - Shadow460

Bugs - label has some white corrosion along edges - bah

Combat - whoozwah

E.T. - whoozwah

E.T. - Captain Beard

Frogger: No label but works. - Deteacher

Infiltrate – Waterborn

infiltrate (missing end label) - diggs130

International Soccer - djpubba

Math Grand Prix (Atari Picture Label) - Waterborn

Miniature Golf (PAL): Label and cart in excellent shape. - Deteacher

Missile COmmand - whoozwah

Moon Patrol - bad end label - midnight magicman

Pac-Man (Atari pic) - Shadow460

phaser patrol (cassette, case & inlay) - orangest

planet patrol - diggs130

Space Attack - djpubba

Space Attack - djpubba

Space Attack (sticker gunk on end label) - midnight magicman

space cavern (missing end label) - diggs130

Spider Fighter white label(PAL) - BSA Starfire

taz (missing end label) - diggs130

Tutankham (cracked but working) - Captain Beard

the NES stuff I would count as all gone. I haven't looked at the other stuff, just because I wasn't really interested in any of it. I can/will go through it sometime soon though.

I just posted an update to the JakeNut86 situation in the User Feedback Forum. I'd like to encourage the others who have gotten raw deals from him in one way or another to also post a note in his User Feedback so we can at least document this. I'm not sure there's anything else we can do (or that it would even be worth it), but we should at least do that. I see I'm the only one whose posted a note in there about it so far.

I have a couple things to post.

Game Gear. Works. Scratched, missing battery covers, and some dust under the screen

Loose:

O2

Blockout! Breakdown!

Speedway! Spinout! Cryptologic!

Intellivision

Beauty & the Beast

Night Stalker

Genesis

Sonic 2

Royal Rumble

SMS

Maze Hunter 3-D