IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Top 25 list sent.

Throwback Reviews announced they're taking on Rob "Flack" O'Hara as a regular co-host! No word on whether they're dumping the "wet guy". They're also going to bi-weekly (that is, 2 shows a month) starting with their next episode "Toys we grew up with".

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

Top 25 list sent.

Throwback Reviews announced they're taking on Rob "Flack" O'Hara as a regular co-host! No word on whether they're dumping the "wet guy". They're also going to bi-weekly (that is, 2 shows a month) starting with their next episode "Toys we grew up with".

I hope this doesn't mean Rob's discontinuing his own podcast. Mind you, if that means he goes from weekly to biweekly or monthly, that's cool. There's no rush to put out a podcast. Take one's time for quality material.

awesome, the only list i need now is ferg's :)

OT: I tipped off Pinball Soul to your ep on pinball, since it was 100% different than all the other podcasts about pinball(ie the free-form discussion). So you got a meta-plug.

OT: I tipped off Pinball Soul to your ep on pinball, since it was 100% different than all the other podcasts about pinball(ie the free-form discussion). So you got a meta-plug.

thanks! i would feel weird doing that, as we are not serious pinball players/experts. but i hope he likes it.

thanks! i would feel weird doing that, as we are not serious pinball players/experts. but i hope he likes it.

Your podcast was a free-form discussion with a fresh perspective on pinball which was a welcome change from all the other podcasts & pinside discussions about pinball. No talk of toppers, wheelin' & dealing, complaints of code delays from Jersey Jack, etc. No grizzled complains. It's what was needed. If you ask me what was discussed on the last episode of Spooky Pinball, I would say I wouldn't remember.

There's a plus side about discussing pinball without being a serious player/expert. You see things without the pinball-colored glasses, ie "Dr. BS".

• Like 1

No Quarter was pondering the length of their news segment before they talk about their game. I voted for keeping it, and have it any length they please. Being a weekly show, hey have better granularity of news updates than other podcasts do. And it's fun to hear 'em talk about said news.

http://www.nowyourep...the-way-part-1/

Now You're Playing With Episode 19, part 1 of 2 at our look at the entire Magnavox Odyssey 2 library.

That is definitely an untapped area in classic gaming podcasts. I had one weird friend in elementary school that had an Odyssey 2, it was a nice break from Atari, but not something I'd want to have every night. I look forward to listening tonight! Also, I think it's spelled Odyssey 2! Library. :)

I didn't use enough exclamation points in that post!

I had never heard of the O^2 growing up, I saw my first system after I moved to Columbus in the mid 90's. I think Magnavox had a presence here in the city, as I have been able to compile a complete collection almost exclusively from local game stores.

The O^2 is similar to the Intellivision in that the hardware was given robust tools to make their games look better than early VCS games. But those tools ended up hindering the system as it aged, while the VCS's lack of built-in architecture gave it a high ceiling that allowed it to surpass the O^2 and Intellivision in the 80s.

But the greatest strength of the system is that it's library has the highest percentage of unique titles. Even their clones of arcade games are unique enough to purchase and play on their own merit.