IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

I think that was my wife making a Naruto reference. back 8 or so years ago when we started dating, xplay was actually a fun show to watch, and seemingly every other episode there was a new naruto game they were making fun of with his dumb catchphrases like 'believe it' and 'ninja ninja ninja'. though that may have been stolen from tmnt... probably pretty likely.

http://skreened.com/nypwshop/

Sorry to shill for our merch again, but our shirt printer is offering free shipping until wed 6.5. On top of that, I have lowered the price of our shirts for the duration of the free shipping sale. So you can get a shirt starting at 15 dollars shipped. podcasting isn't free, so if you like our show and you like the shirt designs, picking one up will help us out a little bit.

thanks!

The May 2013 Roundup is upon you! Enjoy guys, we really do appreciate the feedback, too.

http://www.retrogami...061_2013.05.htm

Did any of you buy the RGRU Game? So far the fan reviews have been great! You can still get a copy of the digital rom and manual for a mere $10! And once our initial pre-sales games have all shipped, 150 of them, we will have more physical copies for sale as well, right here in the AtariAge store and on GameGavel!

http://www.gamegavel...item=0000771026

The digital download will be emailed to you right after you pay the $10 via Paypal :)

Edited by Parrothead

Quick Updates:

Charlie addressed the stuff discussed about his podcast on the pinside thread. He kinda laughed it off.

Video front:

Matt Chat has several episodes(4?) interviewing the same guy, but on different topics. It's like the Neal Hallford show.

Again, where does Gamester get so much time to do these vids?

Took a couple tries to get a few podcasts i wanted to listen to downloaded. Busy Sunday morning for downloads.

Well, I finally got around to trying the 2600 Game by Game Podcast. All of them. In the last 18 hours. Ferg, holy crap you have done an awesome job with this! I will listen to them as long as you keep making them. The info is so comprehensive, this will be a reference for me forever. I appreciate the unassuming style with which you present. I will be sending you my stories for my very favorite games for sure. Luckily my favorites will probably be filling in the gaps as they are mostly less popular games (Tax Avoiders, etc.). Thanks for your efforts!

EDIT: PS, I also picked up valuable info on the Defender ep; I didn't know that holding the rescued humanoid prevented further abductions. I will be using this tonight!! BTW, Defender was the first full price retail video game I ever bought. My first really real job was at a local drugstore and I got my first check, cashed it there and bought Defender for $29.99; so it holds a lot of good memories for me.

• Like 2

https://www.facebook...12823278927621/

Hey AA podcast threaders, we are putting together our very own Top 100 Video Games of all-time list for a future episode of NYPWPodcast. Our list will be compiled from listeners' opinions rather than IGN. If you want to help out, simply list your top 25 games... no need to rank them, and either post them to the facebook link above, or PM your list to me on Atari Age.

Edited by chrisbid

Hey AA podcast threaders, we are putting together our very own Top 100 Video Games of all-time list for a future episode of NYPWPodcast. Our list will be compiled from listeners' opinions rather than IGN. If you want to help out, simply list your top 25 games... no need to rank them, and either post them to the facebook link above, or PM your list to me on Atari Age.

That sounds great! I'm looking forward to putting my list together.

• Like 1

@RJ & S1500 (I'm not sure if anyone else here listens to it), but my 'cast will be on hold for at least another few weeks. Between Kris's card game tournaments/go-karting circuit thing, and my pinball tournaments, we're both going to be booked for the coming weekends. Can't really record during the week due to my wacky work schedule, so the podcast will be on hold for a few weeks (I think it's already been at least two since the last episode). Crossing my fingers it won't go too much longer than that, but we'll see what actually happens (for instance, we were supposed to record today, but someone talked me into going to another tournament three hours away instead, so, yeah..).

Yep I just yest. heard your latest ep. #49, I had to listen thru your site & was going to tell you there was a problem again but I simply re-subbed via iTunes & there it was.

Thanks for discussing the Lynx in a positive light (as you do the Jaguar) for the great system it is, rather than sh-tting on it as others usually do. BTW ElectroCop was a Lynx launch title so I think they put all that scaling in there to demonstrate the system's capabilites. I never did finish that one...

I'll try this, it'll be something to think over this weekend.

• Like 1

i put my list together by listing the games that either made me lust over buying a new game system and the games that i spent days/weeks/months obsessing over. then i filled in a few gaps with superfun multiplayer games i enjoyed with friends. i did not take into consideration historical importance, innovation, critical reception, etc. but thats the idea behind an open ended survey driven by people rather than gaming journalism, everyone can vote, and everyone can make their own parameters.

• Like 1

I have touched the edge of the podcasting universe. It was too bright. Eternal nothingness. Final Fantasy ceases to exist at this edge. This made me turn the other direction back.

Christine "Moose" McGlade, the most well-known cast member on You Can't That on Television had her own 2-episode podcast:

http://www.christinemcglade.com/Audio/podcastFeb2406.mp3

Hmmm yeah, guess my lil ipod Touch cant display that...

In other news, on AllGen Gamers, about 36 min in, Metal Jesus rants mildly about game companies not releasing games year-round, because he "games year-round". Well, there's this thing called summer where it warms up & gets nice & people go OUTSIDE to the BEACH or the PARK or the PLAYGROUND or on VACATION or WALKS or HIKES or GOLFING or BALL GAMES or BIKE RIDES & generally decrease their gaming & spend time in other ways. Just sayin'.

& I got 30 games on my Top 25 list, just gotta whittle it down. I just imagine I'm presented 2 games side by side set up ready to play, & I think "would I play (x game) over (y game)?" Thats my method.

• Like 1

& I got 30 games on my Top 25 list, just gotta whittle it down. I just imagine I'm presented 2 games side by side set up ready to play, & I think "would I play (x game) over (y game)?" Thats my method.

I can't wait to tally up your choices... will we be getting a top 25 list from s1500?