IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

For a site such as digitalpress.com, I would expect moreso a mix(I haven't listened just yet) of 90% classic talk, 0-10% of modern gaming talk. Greg2600, can you champion this change? We have seen podcasts before that market themselves as "covering Pong to current consoles!" where it's all modern gaming talk.

• Like 1

Yah in their defense I only based my post on this single episode, Im sure (hope?) they'll come through in later shows with content more suited to our tastes here. If not, well...lump em in with all the other modern 'casts & dont bother with em.

I know the PAX talk dealt with the DuckTales redo, I GUESS thats ok but the BioShock (or any new FPS) talk was unnecessary. Plus I dont need to hear any news about MicroSoft execs or Twitter junk. I'll say it again- the best podcasts I currently listen to DO NOT MENTION (within the show's content) current-gen or modern gaming news, interviews, reviews, etc. etc. etc.

I own nothing newer than an Xbox or PS2 sans a Wii I never use. Ha ha.

Me too! My kids play the PS2 Lego games (Im working thru Champions of Norrath again) & we played Mario Party 9 last weekend. Other than that, this generation can suck it.

Yah in their defense I only based my post on this single episode, Im sure (hope?) they'll come through in later shows with content more suited to our tastes here. If not, well...lump em in with all the other modern 'casts & dont bother with em.

I listened to them awhile ago, so I don't remember how much classic gaming talk there was. I can tell you to stay away from the Wappy Dog episode. :-o

Nice to be namedropped on Ferg's podcast. I think I've been name-dropped so far on 6 different retro gaming podcasts. So far, Ferg's in the high running to winning the 2013 Poddies.

As for Warlords, yes, it will create rifts between family members. I'm betting this game has caused more sibling rivalry than any inheritance from a deceased family member.

OSRG: Love the Merle painting. I want to go as him for Halloween.

• Like 1

The Retroist is (mainly) single host but he has some guest segments, one of whom is none other than Rob "Flack" O'Hara, so you'd prob. like it. VideoGame Rescue was single host (& listenable) at first until he took on co-host Kevin.

Also 2600 Game By Game, from fellow member here ferghead, is just a few eps. old.

RetroGaming Radio by Shane Monroe is late & very Shane-centric.

& re: RGRU, Im guessing you mean the US co-host (not SoCal Mike)? If you have complaints, this is the place to air them, as we read earlier, THEY ARE WATCHING... icon_smile.gif

Just wanted to say thanks for recommending The Retroist. I'm probably one of the few reading this thread who hadn't listed to it until recently. I'm working my way through the videogame and computer-related episodes and will probably start on the others soon. Nice production values, good information, no BS.

I haven't listed to RGRU for a few months now, although I will probably return to it after I run through everything else.

Hopefully, we will see him at Corgs next month. I'll try to talk to him then.

speaking of Corgs...

http://corgs-con.webs.com/

Now You're Playing with Podcast will have a table at CORGS-Con on May 25th, at Ft. Rapids indoor waterpark in Columbus. We will have a couple of split-the-pot game tournaments to raise a little money for the show, and we will be passing out surveys to compile our own 'Greatest 100 Games of All-Time' list. The new location at Ft. Rapids raised the profile of the show from a glorified swap meet to a real live convention. I hope our show's presence will help with this growth.

Great episode of NYPWP. I too did my share of collecting the Pro Pinball games. Half Price Books, at least around the twin cities, have been doing video game sales since the early 90s. I remember seeing loose 5200 games in the glass cases. Oddly enough, in 1990, I found the ultimate score at Half Price: All my issues of Videogaming & Computergaming Illustrated.

• Like 1

Reviewed & liked! But arent I ineligible to review, being a contributor? Regardless, my review didnt show up right away, do they have to consider it for submission?

"& the stories submitted by listeners are EXCELLENT!"

Edited by RJ

Over on The Retro League, Hughes mentions a soon-to-begin podcast, Bit Pop. My research indicates SOMETHING is launching tonight (Friday) at 7:30pm (CST? EST? PST?) From what I read, emphasis will be placed on their website, w/ associated side projects. The podcast- BitPop Radio- "won't be a regular thing, but every once in a while..." according to what I read.

So maybe don't get your hopes up. Besides the news of a new podcast, other stuff I saw on there didnt personally interest me- a comic/graphic novel, web video series (another name for "YouTube junk"? Oh, GREAT!) & a store. Their "big ideas & big plans" promise only reminds me of JerryTerrifying & his blathering on of ultimately unrealized plans & misdirected attempts to take over the interwebz- not that I was excited about them.

www.thisisbitpop.wordpress.com/

www.theretroleague.com

Edited by RJ

Anyone see the 2 latest IMPLANTgames eps. on iTunes? My iPod Touch doesnt find/auto-download them, & thinks the newest show is #45.

According to Austin's sig in his posts, #47 is the latest, & I havent heard it, or #46.

Anyone see the 2 latest IMPLANTgames eps. on iTunes? My iPod Touch doesnt find/auto-download them, & thinks the newest show is #45.

According to Austin's sig in his posts, #47 is the latest, & I havent heard it, or #46.

I haven't, I'll have to go to the website later, as I am currently out of podcasts.