IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

I would not ruin your deal, you bought it and its yours, I am just pissed of about myself, because I saw this auction first and didnt recognized that its a Peritel console. I really grant it to you, but I think you do understand my dissapointment about my fault ;)

I really do understand your disappointment. Next time you'll be luckier or even luckiest ^^

FYI, I bought it 7 minutes after the seller open the auction.

Just 7 minutes? So I must have seen it directly after he put it on Ebay. But I think there will be another Peritel Intellivision on Ebay.fr some day. Maybe in a lot with French Super Cobra and Tutankham for 50€ :D

;-) Yes, but for sure, I will find soon a huge lot of 50 games in ebay.de with River Raid, Super Cobra, Tutankham, Pole Position, Worm Whooper and Decathlon for €75 lol

Greetings from France ;)

I don't know much about these. Could you guys give me a little background?

So peritel (SCART) is an alternative way to connect video out? Were the Intellivisions sold that way in Europe, or are they mods? What's the advantage of having one? Are they just collectible, or do you have a way to connect and get a better picture? Sorry for all of the questions.....today is JasonlikesLearning day :)

I don't know much about these. Could you guys give me a little background?

So peritel (SCART) is an alternative way to connect video out? Were the Intellivisions sold that way in Europe, or are they mods? What's the advantage of having one? Are they just collectible, or do you have a way to connect and get a better picture? Sorry for all of the questions.....today is JasonlikesLearning day :)

I'd like to know too...lol.

The Peritel Intellivision is no mod, it was released in France and is very, very rare. The advantage is a RGB Picture, so its definitely better than the original one. For me its more a collectors item, because its expensive if you want one, but its also the technical advantage and for 30€ its a gift.

The Peritel Intellivision is no mod, it was released in France and is very, very rare. The advantage is a RGB Picture, so its definitely better than the original one. For me its more a collectors item, because its expensive if you want one, but its also the technical advantage and for 30€ its a gift.

Thanks for the info. I have like 10 of those sitting around in my basement, but I wasn't sure what they were ;)

I concur. The image and the sound are PERFECT. Have a look to my pictures taken for the HSC : http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217653-hsc-season-4-game-9-lock-n-chase/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2855055

I also do not know it exactly, but my TVs at least are able to run NTSC. I think you should google your TV with that question.

But the Peritel Intellivision also has one huge disadvantage: 50Hz.

You mean you use to play 60Hz ? How do you do ?? I have some US Intellivision version but I don't know how to connect them to my TV. Can you help ?

My Intellivision II has a normal Antenna Cable, like my PAL Intellivision, no difference. May try to use a normal cable to connect it, or does it not fit? If not, may I have a console variant? :P

Believe me, 60Hz makes a complete new game out of many titles, its so much faster. This said, I really have to try Worm Whomper, because I already thought its fast in 50Hz :-o I try it later.

But normally I use my normal PAL system, because I am used to it and my Intellivision II has some problems, may because I use a Mega Drive Powerpack to play with it.

Edited by Ignorama

Can these machines be used on NTSC TVs (CRT or LCD) provided they have component/composite input?

They should if the TV has SCART input. But I think that's not very common in the US. Btw. my Peritel Intelli is my main unit and sits right on the living room table connected to my LCD. :-)