IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Scalpel, that's one heck if a deal! Nice find!!!

Indeed ! Thanks :)

@ Scalpel

We may find a deal for Scooby? I have one already, but the box is very worn.

Could be possible. I think I have 3 now. Let me know what are you looking for exactly 'cause I think I have one or 2 other games you need.

Nice catalogs in there too!

If you need one, let me know.

Wow! How the heck did you find that? There are a number of items in there that are worth the price you paid on their own, including that French DK. Nice pickup!!!

I agree. It's a very nice pick-up :)

A nice sunday morning pick up ! ^^

For the story, I didn't pay anything 'cause I bought a Colecovision unit (sorry Voltron, I don't know what's happened to me ^^) there are 2 months ago and he doesn't work very well and the seller decided to offer me 2 CV carts... when I arrived, she decides to offer me a big box with all these things !

Happy to be in Paris (again !) lol

post-32817-0-25743700-1383481151_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-51710700-1383481158_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-19832500-1383481166_thumb.jpg

A nice sunday morning pick up ! ^^

For the story, I didn't pay anything 'cause I bought a Colecovision unit (sorry Voltron, I don't know what's happened to me ^^) there are 2 months ago and he doesn't work very well and the seller decided to offer me 2 CV carts... when I arrived, she decides to offer me a big box with all these things !

Happy to be in Paris (again !) lol

I see a Mattel handheld there, so if your goal was the handheld and that contraband just happen to be there, then you are forgiving. just make sure you dispose of the contraband properly :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally managed to accomplish my 2013 Inty goal: got a boxed Worm Whomper for $80! yay!!! :party:

I saw that. When you receive it, I'm curious...does it have sun fading? I couldn't tell from the pics. Also, sweet date on the back. Vintage character. Worm Whomper is possibly my favorite game! You made the right decision ;-)

• Like 1

I saw that. When you receive it, I'm curious...does it have sun fading? I couldn't tell from the pics. Also, sweet date on the back. Vintage character. Worm Whomper is possibly my favorite game! You made the right decision ;-)

yes, I guess the date written on the back stopped anyone else to bid... anyway Dec. 2nd is my mom b'day, so that's fine with me! :-D

I bought a "like new" Chip Shot to upgrade my current copy...the pics looked good and the seller accepted my offer of $40 (which I think was about right for condition). Received yesterday in a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope! Should have seen my face! I opened the envelope to see it was in a tight, flimsy box, so I got hopeful....but alas, one side was smashed (heavily creased). I told the seller he shouldn't send in envelopes, always use a box. He said he's never had a problem.....I decided to accept his offer of a $10 refund (I thought I was being generous). It will display nicely after pushing the side back (crease still there), but man, it really could have been a great copy. I wonder how many near mint games are being ruined this way? Okay, done with my rant.....

I bought a "like new" Chip Shot to upgrade my current copy...the pics looked good and the seller accepted my offer of $40 (which I think was about right for condition). Received yesterday in a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope! Should have seen my face! I opened the envelope to see it was in a tight, flimsy box, so I got hopeful....but alas, one side was smashed (heavily creased). I told the seller he shouldn't send in envelopes, always use a box. He said he's never had a problem.....I decided to accept his offer of a $10 refund (I thought I was being generous). It will display nicely after pushing the side back (crease still there), but man, it really could have been a great copy. I wonder how many near mint games are being ruined this way? Okay, done with my rant.....

I tried that once. Ordered 3 pretty mint games (Chip Shot, Thin Ice, Super Pro Football). Chip shot was the upgrade. The seller packed it into too large of a box and the box was used and flimsy. This is what I came home to (on my front porch):

Delivered (Front Porch)

Crushed Box

Here are the games before delivery (pic taken from the auction):

Thin Ice & Chip Shot (before delivery)

And...here are the games unpacked from the box:

Thin Ice & Chip Shot (after delivery)

The seller apologized and refunded me $20.

Ugh! I have it down as far as packing.....wrap the game a little in bubble wrap (not too tight), put a small wad of newspaper on the bottom of the box, put the game on top of that, then put a wad of paper on the top and sides as needed (loosely). That way, if the box gets smashed a little, the game "floats".....never had a problem. I think some people pack too tightly...

I tried that once. Ordered 3 pretty mint games (Chip Shot, Thin Ice, Super Pro Football). Chip shot was the upgrade. The seller packed it into too large of a box and the box was used and flimsy. This is what I came home to (on my front porch):

Somewhat similar story for me. I ordered a euro Zaxxon from Italy but it was packed in only a bubble envelope. When it arrived, it was completely flattened. It looked like someone took a rolling pin to form fit the game's box around the cartridge.

That's why I ship my sold items similar to how mjarold7 does (though I don't use as much newspaper).

Somewhat similar story for me. I ordered a euro Zaxxon from Italy but it was packed in only a bubble envelope. When it arrived, it was completely flattened. It looked like someone took a rolling pin to form fit the game's box around the cartridge.

That's why I ship my sold items similar to how mjarold7 does (though I don't use as much newspaper).

Oh, it really isnt much newspaper at all....

I should add that I was partially to blame in the Zaxxon incident of 2013. When the seller asked whether I wanted shipping costs of $7.50 for bubble envelope or $46 for box, I chose the cheaper option. Oh well, lesson learned.

It depends from which country. From Germany we can send a shoe box sized box with an 100€ insurance for about 10 Dollars worldwirde, I guess british sellers cant offer such a cheap shipping. The funny thing: We can not even send that cheap from a german to another german adress, because it counts as a letter (yep, a shoe box letter), and in Germany the size would be too huge to be a letter.

But seriously, the US prices for worldwirde shipping are also not what I call cheap. Shoe Box size with insurance from USA to Germany costs 35-40 Dollars, sick.

Edited by Ignorama