IGNORED

Record of Agarest War

Tempest

After moving on to second generation, can you still encounter the monsters from first generation? I'm worried about my crafting supplies.

The "warp" feature you mentioned earlier in the thread works on the previous generations as well. From the world map hit "X" and then choose your continent. Each one is a generation. Even if you are on generation 2 you can always warp back to generation 1!

Tempest I've been using this guide when I get stuck....

http://agarest.wikia.com/wiki/Agarest_Wiki

Is there a walkthrough available for the game somewhere?

Tempest

I'm assuming you've checked GameFAQ's? Really, just keep checking there every day. I'm sure as soon as someone writes one it will go up there. Check the forum for the game there also. Normaly I'd never SAY that due to how much garbage is there ( :roll: ) but, with most new games, there are some good posters with game hints and tips and people asking/answering questions like you guys have been doing here.

I'm going to have to check this game out, but being out of work my budget is very tight right now.

Edited by SoulBlazer

I went ahead and moved on to the second generation last night. I could choose between Fyuria and Elaine, so I went through twice to see which outcome I liked better. I'm leaning toward the Fyuria-spawn path instead of the Elaine-spawn path because I like the red armor and Cloud Strife hair better. Plus, he uses swords, and I really don't want to switch to my main character being a glove/claw fighter.

Reached Gen 3.

I'm a bit burned out on the game at this point though!! :cool:

I still need to go back and marry the other two girls and decide which offspring I want to continue on with.

Edit : Oops so far nothing I've done gives me the option of marrying any but the little girl in the red dress. I might be screwed there.

Edit Again : Finally was able to marry the Playboy Bunny looking girl!! Hubba.

Edit one last time : Finally got to choose Valeria. You have to have her affection for you high, but apparently you also have to have your alignment in the DARK to get the option to marry her. (Eeeevil woman) For some reason my achievement for marrying her (40GP) won't pop. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I'm a little late to the party, and not sure if anyone is even still playing this....

But I just bought Crazy Climbers copy of the game, and I got it in the mail yesterday, and have played it for a few hours so far.

I got the collector's edition of the game, which has some really nice bonus items. A soundtrack is always good, and both the mousepad and the pillowcase are very nice -- and unique. ;) I don't know if I should use that stuff or just hold on it for being TOO nice to use. :D

Never heard of this company before, but I enjoy tactical RPG's. Love Final Fantasy Tactics and the Fire Emblem gams are a lot of fun also.

Anwyay -- good game. The graphics are really nice, with those lush full scenes and the mix of anime and 2D scenes. The battles don't take as long as they did in FFT -- they flow well and once you get the hang of the battle system I can do most random battles in 5 minutes. Music is allright, but it's really well done. I don't mind that they left the original Japanese voices in for the cutscenes, but I wish they had changed that around for the battle scenes.

I got to the point where I got the 4th party member in my party.

Can anyone give me some advice or tips to help my gameplay? I know I could look up the game on GameFAQ, but I'm just looking for non spoiler type stuff that can help.

Edited by SoulBlazer

Hi there, you mean this stuff, right?

"I bought up the books in the store, and pretty much completed the first gen not going beyond the silver weapons. I did have one wand that was the next level of weapons and it was pretty sweet. Although truthfully I'm not quite yet through the first gen so I may make some more weapons before it's over. Ill let you know!

Be sure and visit the Adventure guild and buy the books in there with your TP you gained so far if you haven't. I've heard it's not worth spending TP on anything other than the books. Also if you haven't done it. Go to camp and go to status, instead of pressing "A", press "Y" and you can use you PP (Party Points) I had 100's of PP points to level up with and didn't even know it till about 3/4 through."

Are the books worthwhile? I bought the secret arts one, but I tried buying the other art books and didn't see any difference in my status or what I knew from before and after, so I didn't spend the gold. I can get them, I have 10k right now, but I didn't see anything change so I didn't bother.

The Adventure guild doesn't sell any books yet. Also can't do anything at the Blacksmith yet except upgrading my weapons and armor. I've been using my TP's to upgrade the weapons that my party uses.

Thanks for the use of the PP's, though, I didn't know that! :P

Are the books worthwhile? I bought the secret arts one, but I tried buying the other art books and didn't see any difference in my status or what I knew from before and after, so I didn't spend the gold.

You need the books to learn new weapon/item crafting. I'd certainly get them. I don't know there is any other way to obtain them. (You do find some out in the explorable area's but I don't know if they are the same you can buy, I assumed they were not) Later when you are able to make weapons at the smith, if you don't have the "recipe" from the book, it will just appear as ??????? and you won't be able to make that particular weapon/item.

Are the books worthwhile? I bought the secret arts one, but I tried buying the other art books and didn't see any difference in my status or what I knew from before and after, so I didn't spend the gold.

You need the books to learn new weapon/item crafting. I'd certainly get them. I don't know there is any other way to obtain them. (You do find some out in the explorable area's but I don't know if they are the same you can buy, I assumed they were not) Later when you are able to make weapons at the smith, if you don't have the "recipe" from the book, it will just appear as ??????? and you won't be able to make that particular weapon/item.

Thanks, how about with the art books?

It seems to me at least some/maybe all of the Combination Attacks can be "learned" by just doing the combo's.

But I think to actually craft the attacks needed, like say Ascension or Rush, you would need the "recipe" found in the books. Pretty much all the items in the store (healing, reviving, crafting material etc...) can be found in the world by defeating monsters or opening chests. The books to me are the main thing worth investing in. Later on you'll be able to go to the smith and craft just about anything using those recipes, some basic items from the store and crafting materials found in the world.

It seems to me at least some/maybe all of the Combination Attacks can be "learned" by just doing the combo's.

But I think to actually craft the attacks needed, like say Ascension or Rush, you would need the "recipe" found in the books. Pretty much all the items in the store (healing, reviving, crafting material etc...) can be found in the world by defeating monsters or opening chests. The books to me are the main thing worth investing in. Later on you'll be able to go to the smith and craft just about anything using those recipes, some basic items from the store and crafting materials found in the world.

Thanks for all the help.

Is there anything else that you can suggest or advice since you made that post that night also help?

I imagine I can buy skills later? I have several combos I know about but lack the skills I need to be able to pull them off.

All in all, this is a pretty fun game and a nice breath of fresh air into the Tactical RPG scene.

I imagine I can buy skills later?

Yes you can get them later at the Adventure Guild I believe.

Been a few weeks since I've played this. (Got burned out on it) So my memory on some of it isn't so fresh any more.

But later you will be able to get skills and books at the adventure guild.

Been a few weeks since I've played this. (Got burned out on it) So my memory on some of it isn't so fresh any more.

Yeah, that's the reason Crazy Climber put his collectors edition copy of this up for sale in the Marketplace. He said he enjoyed the game but didn't have the time to sink into it. It's going to take me a while to finish it, but it seems like a fun game for sure.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's the reason Crazy Climber put his collectors edition copy of this up for sale in the Marketplace. He said he enjoyed the game but didn't have the time to sink into it. It's going to take me a while to finish it, but it seems like a fun game for sure.

Yeah, fun game but after 25 hours or so invested I just couldn't find the time to go any further, at least not with all the games (still in the shrinkwrap) I have waiting for me to play - lol. Next up is the first 2 God of War games, the PS3 re issues. Never played the series so figured I would give it a try ;)

And, in the interest of disclosure, I drifted away from it after completing the first generation. I'll get back to it. It's just a matter of when.

I'm just burnt out on videogames in general right now. I haven't played much at all since then. I think the only videogaming I've done is playing the weekly XBox Live game with my crew.

Right now I'm on a pen and paper RPG kick. Trying to get into Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

Have you guys noticed the downloads on XBox Live? :ponder:

I took a look at the downloads they had avilable today, and it's a really nice selection. Basicaly it's bundles of money and points, weapons and blacksmithing items. The prices varry from 60 points (which is only about a buck) to 560, which is over five dollars.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it's nice to have. Tempting to buy one of the money and point packages, to give me some help with the game. And a couple of bucks is not a big deal. I could really see someone doing this once they have beaten the game once and are going for it again on Hard mode.

On the other hand, it's kind of like cheating. The temptation to use this to get really ahead in the game is very strong. We didn't need this in the old days! :D

Have you guys noticed the downloads on XBox Live? :ponder:

Yeah. I bought all the first wave ones. I intend to buy all the second wave ones when I get back to the game (will be about $20 more).

Maybe it's stupid, but they do increase my enjoyment of a game I'm already enjoying. So I don't mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I don't know how many of you have gotten this far, but I'm pulling my hair out over a major problem that just cropped up. :x

I've been making steady progress through the game, and enjoying it a lot, and just started the third generation.

Now, when I went from 1st to 2nd last time, I didn't change any weapons, armors, or skills. I just simply took the new main character and gave him the best stuff possible he could use, and it worked fine.

So, going from the 2nd to the 3rd, I did the same thing -- no major changes, just equipped Toma.

All of a sudden, in my first battles, almost all of my physical attacks from everyone are missing!

It took about 5 turns to get past just the first battle due to all the damn misses that I suddenly started having, from everyone! :?

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on here and how to fix this? :sad:

Hmmm I made it to the 3rd level. I only played about 6 battles in before I completely got burned out.

I didn't notice anything like you are describing though!

I would have to boot up my copy to be sure. If you'd like I can post my team, items and their stats?

I got the problem figured out, seems a lot of enemies in the third generation have a 'willpower' skill -- once their hit points drop to 25 percent, you have to use magic on them to finish them off, or skill breaks -- physical attacks just don't connect anymore.

That, combined with harder monsters, makes this a nastier generation to play in. Many battles of the first two gens I could auto -- can't do that here, and it often takes 4-5 turns to clear a field.

That, and all the girls hate me this generation. :P

Might be the only one still working on this.....

Fair warning to anyone: about halfway through the third generation there's a boss fight that is TOTALLY hard. It's a water creature under a lake, and the guy has a huge hit guage, massive attacks that can wipe your whole party out in one turn, and heals himself between rounds!

I finally got him after a lot of trial and error by keeping the party spread all around, so that when he attacked and killed someone each turn it was just one person. Also had them chained up, and just waited for my SP's to get high enough so that I could unlease all my most powerfull skill attacks in the same round.

I also found that Ellie and her guardian (can't recall his name right now, big guy, starts with a B) has a secret linked skill attack -- her attack one (the 50 SP one) and his most powerfull 100 SP one. Deals MASSIVE damage.

I'm going to start this game soon. I just need to finish Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World first.

Tempest

It's a really fun game. There's tons of extras you can buy on XBox Live to help give you a leg up if you want. I think it would be $25 for everything but I bought just a few things to help out.

Also something else I love is that you can auto sim battles, like in the Lunar remakes for the PlayStation. Oftentimes I have the AI do a battle, go do something else, and come back 10 minutes later and reap the rewards. I still do the orange battles on the field and the major ones, but it's nice doing some random battles with the AI handling it for you and reaping the rewards. It's harder to do now in the third generation with the enemies a lot stronger, but it's a great way to advance.

Been chipping away at this game -- the party is strong enough that for most 'normal' battles I can just Auto it and do something else, since for me it gets a bit borring to hack through 20 combat areas that are all the same.

Finally made it to Generation 4 last night. :)

And now my party members are at 50 so I can use the Proof's of Valors that I've been saving up on them.

I'm probaly the last person here still playing this -- or perhaps the only sucker working part time and has time to sink into this great game. :ponder:

Actually, I've been using the Auto quite a bit -- it's very handy for things like getting points and leveling up.

After a lot of effort I finally moved on to the Fifth and last Generation tonight. Go me! :D

I will say this -- the overall story is very good. It may be a bit slow in getting going and due to the generational aspect of it parts of it take a while to connect, and you may wonder how things tie in. Starting in Generation 3, however, things start moving forward faster and more furious, leading to major plot twists and ground shattering events in Generation 4, leading all to the climax of the game in Generation 5.

All of your characters carry over save for the spirt carrier of that generation and the three girls he can marry from. And you can even bring THEM back if you want, from the Marionatte in the store. They will fight in your party but of course don't take part in anything plot related.

Starting the last generation all of my returning characters are level 65.

Boss fights are also getting very tough. Best thing I've found for them is to keep everyone linked up but all spread around the boss, use items to boost SP the first two turns, and then cut lose with your powerfull chained attacks in Turn 3 to kill the boss in one turn, cause they can heal each turn.

All in all,r eally fun game. :)