IGNORED

Skull Island - Wood Case!

yuppicide

I know that some don't care for the "overspray" look I'm so fond of with my dye. However, I must say that blood red overspray to the corner of the clear red box giving a blood splatter look would be freaking awesome. I could do a whole batch of cases for less than $20. I know this is going to be one of the most high priced homebrews, but hell you are in this far :rolling:

AX

You could also use this type of box:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XD1WF4/ref=asc_df_B002XD1WF41365942?smid=A12NZU21044JCT&tag=nextagusmp0384855-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395129&creativeASIN=B002XD1WF4

It's see-through plastic, and the puzzle is not terribly challenging, but it may look nice in contrast with the oak wood cart:

VO00k.png

-B

Yuppicide,

As per your IM, here's the same packaging comp using the green box. I removed the red color from the label and manual. The red and green looked too Christmas-sy.

That said, the red box seems to fit the overall Skull Island theme, in my opinion.

9ZC49.png

-B

Yuppicide,

As per your IM, here's the same packaging comp using the green box. I removed the red color from the label and manual. The red and green looked too Christmas-sy.

That said, the red box seems to fit the overall Skull Island theme, in my opinion.

9ZC49.png

-B

Irishy, minty, a word that used to mean happy.... :P shall I continue?

AX

The main issue I can see with having a wooden box is simply the cost. Unfinished wooden boxes come in a bunch of sizes, and are fairly cheap, but it would require having someone stain the boxes to make them look good. Any boxes that are puzzle boxes are, for the most part, pretty expensive. There are some cheaper ones but those are too small to accommodate the cart.

My two cents -- Ditch the idea of the outer box needing to be a puzzle box. This will at least give you more to work with.

I found a box that would be great, but the manufacturer is in China, and they have a min. qty of 2000. There's also no pricing, so it could be too much $$$:

http://www.hzproduct.com/pro/1070/107181/gift-boxes-277401.html

-B

The cartridges are in production. I'll post here when I have an actual picture of a real cartridge, as the pictures earlier of the burned skeleton were just mockups.

Quick poll:

Let's say I don't locate a suitable puzzle box at a reasonable price.. would people be interested in either of the following:

1. This should be included in your original cost:

- Cardboard box most likely from Marc Ober.

2. Custom made wood box from the guy who is doing the cartridges

- This would be an additional $15 - $25

Wood box might even be cheaper, since it's simpler to make I guess.

I'm paying $30 bucks per wood cartridge, which is good I think. The original guy I was going to use was going to charge me $60 each. I figured $15 for the PCB's, ROM's, and assembly, unless I get a deal somehow. The rest of the money is artwork drawing and manual printing, etc.