IGNORED

Skull Island - Wood Case!

yuppicide

I've found some plans online to make my puzzle boxes! I think going this route we might be able to get a nice puzzle box made to hold the cartridge and it would cost less than a "Japanese Puzzle Box". The wood carver was interested in doing boxes all along, or heck anything I want, so I've mailed him what I found to see if he's interested. Some of the plans are free, some I'd have to pay for. I didn't look through them all, but one of them is made to hold something of good size (ie: not just a little ring or something) and the plans can be resized to make a bigger box.

I think the search is over!!! I've found a puzzle box that is inexpensive (under $25 bucks), comes in a kit form I'd have to assemble, and best of all LOOKS like my game! I know you're probably saying, "What the f---? How can it look like your game?", but trust me, if you seen screen shots of my game, the box looks similar. It's a "somewhat difficult" box to figure out how to open, but obviously I'd give the solution along with it.

I feel so confident about this box, in that it'll fit the game nicely inside and that everyone will like it, that I've already contacted the guy for a volume discount. I hope he'll do even a dollar or two I'd be happy.

I don't want to post pictures until I'm sure. Maybe I can have one box photographed with lid off, cartridge inside with foam insert to hold the cartridge securely.

I think the search is over!!! I've found a puzzle box that is inexpensive (under $25 bucks), comes in a kit form I'd have to assemble, and best of all LOOKS like my game! I know you're probably saying, "What the f---? How can it look like your game?", but trust me, if you seen screen shots of my game, the box looks similar. It's a "somewhat difficult" box to figure out how to open, but obviously I'd give the solution along with it.

I feel so confident about this box, in that it'll fit the game nicely inside and that everyone will like it, that I've already contacted the guy for a volume discount. I hope he'll do even a dollar or two I'd be happy.

I don't want to post pictures until I'm sure. Maybe I can have one box photographed with lid off, cartridge inside with foam insert to hold the cartridge securely.

Awesome :thumbsup:

Glad it worked out!

Don't make us wait too long for the pics :)

-B

Yeah, okay.. that took a lot of arm twisting. :) Here you go:

post-6095-129507150782_thumb.jpg

Requires a set of 20 moves to open lol.

Anyway, doesn't that box look sweet? I think it comes unpainted.

I also found another box that might be suitable. It's easier to open and even when you open it you might not know the other secret. It has a second hidden compartment. Not sure the dimensions on this one since there's two compartments, but maybe one can hold the cartridge and one can hold the answer cards. This box is smaller than the above one, but still might work.

Edited by yuppicide

Yeah, okay.. that took a lot of arm twisting. :) Here you go:

post-6095-129507150782_thumb.jpg

Requires a set of 20 moves to open lol.

Anyway, doesn't that box look sweet? I think it comes unpainted.

I also found another box that might be suitable. It's easier to open and even when you open it you might not know the other secret. It has a second hidden compartment. Not sure the dimensions on this one since there's two compartments, but maybe one can hold the cartridge and one can hold the answer cards.

Man, that looks niiiiice. I like it. You definitely have room for everything now :) Are you going to put any labels on the outside, perhaps the game logo on the center square?

-B

I received word back from the guy who designed the puzzle box shown above. I can assemble them myself with glue. The inner dimensions are 5 1/4" square by 2 3/8" tall inside.. and that's when the lid is in place. Nice!

The other one with the double compartment I'm awaiting answer.

Did not receive the inner dimensions of the double compartment puzzle box, but it's not as nice looking, so I'm probably not considering that. Here's a picture:

post-6095-129523330757_thumb.jpg

This one is easy to figure out how to open. There's a top compartment, which makes you think you've opened the box, and you have really, but then there's a bottom secret compartment you might not even realize is there. If you open that one I could store the answers to complete all 40 levels of the game in there.

If I am to order 30 of the box I originally showed you I'd get a $3 discount per box.

If I am to order the second box it costs about 4 cheaper than the first box, but I really don't think it's large enough anyway.

Edited by yuppicide

I thought I'd mark down who paid so far. I should have requested people's AA name to make it easier, but I can figure out most of you. This way it's all noted down here so no problems.

Cart/box paid:

Ianoid - Cart/wood box paid.

Marc Ober - Cart/wood box paid.

TrekMD - Cart/wood box paid.

Ntavio - Cart/wood box paid.

Wonder007 - Cart/wood box paid.

Frap - Cart/wood box paid.

Phaxda - Cart paid. Box refunded.

Rick Weis - Cart/wood box paid.

Toymailman - Cart/wood box paid.

atarinut76 - Cart paid. Box refunded.

Gez - Cart/wood box paid.

Mayhem - Cart/wood box paid.

Cubelindo - Cart/wood box paid.

Cart paid:

Combat16 - Cart paid.

Allhallowseve - Cart paid.

Cebus - Cart paid.

Last updated 2/1/11 and if I missed someone so far I'll be glad to add you.

PS - Those few of you who feel you shouldn't pay until I have a product to deliver, don't worry. I'll have a copy for you.

Edited by yuppicide

I'm probably going to purchase this Anti-Static Pick and Pack Foam to fill the inside of the box and securely keep the cartridge in place:

post-6095-129547885499_thumb.gif

The foam is $21.50 + shipping for 6 sheets. Each sheet is 24" x 24", so I can probably do 15 to 16 with 1 sheet alone.

I would cut them to size.

.. unless someone has a better idea of something to stuff inside? Would be nice if it wasn't bright pink. That fake grass you find in Easter baskets? Styrofoam peanuts?

I was originally thinking fake plastic gold coins to make it look like you opened a treasure, but I don't want the scratch the cartridge.

Edited by yuppicide

My friend's father owns this place over in Indonesia:

http://bumiayubungalow.com/

I wanted to show you a picture, but they changed the website a bit. They had a statue of some god which a huge phallus also. The lady at work went over to visit them one time and she just lightly touched it, you know like "boop" and it fell off lol.

Tempted to post a picture of a Giant Wooden Ceremonial Phallus. (but instead will hyperlink it)

AX

My friend's father owns this place over in Indonesia:

http://bumiayubungalow.com/

I wanted to show you a picture, but they changed the website a bit. They had a statue of some god which a huge phallus also. The lady at work went over to visit them one time and she just lightly touched it, you know like "boop" and it fell off lol.

Tempted to post a picture of a Giant Wooden Ceremonial Phallus. (but instead will hyperlink it)

AX

They could have a hotel with that as a theme and call it the Phallus Palace, but then I don't know what kind of guests that would attract... err... Rest stop in Florida tourists?

AX