IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

What makes Spiker so special in comparison to the other INTV releases that it commands that kind of coin?

It was one of the last two games officially made for Intellivision (the other was Stadium Mud Buggies). I don't think it sold well. It may have also been mail order only, but don't quote me on that. Additionally, I believe it also originally only sold for around $20. Don't quote me on that either. Oh wait, go ahead an quote me on that. It was listed in the Holiday 1989 catalog for $19.95

From the Intellivisionlives.com website:

http://www.intellivi...v4.shtml#spiker

DEVELOPMENT HISTORY

As with Chip Shot: Super Pro Golf, this game was a labor of love for designer/programmer Steve Ettinger. Steve had played intercollegiate volleyball in school and suggested the sport to producer Dave Warhol as an Intellivision cartridge. Dave, whose office at the time was in his living room overlooking a volleyball court on the sand at Hermosa Beach, California, readily agreed and sold the idea to INTV Corp.

Steve worked hard to replicate the speed and power of a real game, with particular attention to "pass-set-spike" play. By this time, 1988, Steve had been programming Intellivision code for over five years and knew how to get the most out of the system. He quickly completed an excellent adaptation of the sport.

But along with Stadium Mud Buggies, Spiker: Super Pro Volleyball sat on the shelf for a year while INTV Corp. raised the money to release them. Finally introduced in late 1989, they were the last games released for the Intellivision system.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

I understand the recent price spikes for the rarer games but there seems to be some wild fluctuations with items recently... a music synthesizer (no box) sold for $170 today yet 9 days ago another one in box (no instructions) sold for only $60... almost a 1/3 of the price!! What gives?... http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fcsc%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3Dintellivision%2Bmusic%2Bsynthesizer%26LH_Complete%3D1%26LH_Sold%3D1%26rt%3Dnc

Oh, and a system changer is at $152 with over 2 days to go... http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F150996852065%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1426.l2649

I understand the recent price spikes for the rarer games but there seems to be some wild fluctuations with items recently... a music synthesizer (no box) sold for $170 today yet 9 days ago another one in box (no instructions) sold for only $60... almost a 1/3 of the price!! What gives?

That's just Ebay for you. I've seen people bid a relatively common game into the stratosphere when cheaper BINs of the same item are available. Sometimes it's an ego thing, or an instant gratification thing.

I've fallen prey to it myself, stupidly overbidding on a manual at the last minute, out of annoyance that someone was trying to snipe me...fortunately, a third party gazumped us both, and paid more for the manual than the game normally costs CIB! :D

its easy to overpay but if its something u want it will happen. i wanted the robot rubble prototype and i was expecting some sniper action from alex so i bid 2500 expecting to pay that or make alex pay just above that, well he did not bid but s canadian reseller bid 900 so i ended up paying close to 1k for it. But thats just the nature of ebay if you really want it sometimes you have to pay an arm and a leg. being patient works but requires monitoring ebay 24/7 like the guy who won the cib spiker for 400

Great way to get the whole Sears set in one shot. Guesses for how much this will go? $400-500?

I was thinking $350-400, but considering that some people are willing to pay $500 for a single game, it's worth at least $400 just for the convenience of instantly completing the entire Sears collection. I assembled mine in parts and got tons of duplicates, and lately I've been trying to upgrade some of them. $400 would totally be worth it to get it over with. Also, with the exception of Snafu, Roulette, Checkers, and Backgammon many are worth only $4-5 each, so it would be a bad lot to buy and part out. I doubt you would even get $500 selling them individually. Even at an average of $10/game, which is generous IMO considering the mediocre condition of most games, it's still under $300. I'd say the two most valuable are Backgammon and Checkers and I'd price those at maybe $25 each. Backgammon has writing on the front; Checkers and Snafu look good, though.

IIRC, even factory sealed Sears games typically only sell for around $15-25 each.

You know what looks really nice is that Soccer! Someone should buy that and sell it to me. $10?

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

I'd just bought some more Sears ones yesterday, and by the looks of it, most remaining were going to be fairly easy, other than Checkers.... but when I see this as one lot my eyes get big.....

It's the first complete lot I have ever seen on eBay, since my return to Intellivision around a couple of years ago. Other than Soccer, Backgammon was the hardest one for me. Eventually got a pretty nice copy, though. Checkers is tough too. I only see around 3-4 per year and most are buried in big lots. I suppose this one is buried in a big lot as well :rolling:

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Dang! So much for me sneaking this by and getting it for a song!!! BIG LOL!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Then I supposed I shouldn't mention that I sniped these just as they were listed:

<as he tries to hide his Cheshire cat grin>

Then I supposed I shouldn't mention that I sniped these just as they were listed:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2512331469821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251233146982&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2512331430991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251233143099&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2512331419901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251233141990&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

<as he tries to hide his Cheshire cat grin>

Nice pickup on the Diner! I'm envious on that one. Pays to be in the right place at the right time. I haven't had that opportunity in a while.

Nice pickup on the Diner! I'm envious on that one. Pays to be in the right place at the right time. I haven't had that opportunity in a while.

There was also a Thin Ice bundle on there for a fraction of a second. Didn't pick up that one since I already have the equivalent thanks to Oliver's repro box set.

There was also a Thin Ice bundle on there for a fraction of a second. Didn't pick up that one since I already have the equivalent thanks to Oliver's repro box set.

I wish you wouldn't have told me that!! I've been looking for that box for ages now. I had one locked up on a nice BIN around Christmas and the seller backed out of the deal. :mad:

This isn't exactly new nor cheap, but the lot has a Sears Soccer in it, for those that are dying for it....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1210600987851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=121060098785&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have seen it. I think I might have even offered $10 bucks for it, but $300 for 20 games is $15/game and I doubt they want to split up. Sears Soccer is my other cursed game :-)

It's the first complete lot I have ever seen on eBay, since my return to Intellivision around a couple of years ago. Other than Soccer, Backgammon was the hardest one for me. Eventually got a pretty nice copy, though. Checkers is tough too. I only see around 3-4 per year and most are buried in big lots. I suppose this one is buried in a big lot as well :rolling:

Whoever wins this auction I'll gladly take Checkers off your back... :-D

:idea: We (IntellivisionAge) should collectively buy the 29 Sears game lot. We could dedicate a thread to determine interest in specific games and to raise funds, then creatively decide fairly who gets what.

We could agree on reasonable prices for each game based on what we win it for and have a contest, raffle, or silent auction to distribute the games among ourselves.

This would never work :ponder:

:idea: We (IntellivisionAge) should collectively buy the 29 Sears game lot. We could dedicate a thread to determine interest in specific games and to raise funds, then creatively decide fairly who gets what.

We could agree on reasonable prices for each game based on what we win it for and have a contest, raffle, or silent auction to distribute the games among ourselves.

This would never work :ponder:

I say It's just crazy enough to work! :rolling: