IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Do you think it's even worth 15k?

Keyboard: 3000

Playcable: 1500

Printer: 1000?

Boxed Videoplexer: 500 (1000 if you believe Ozma)

Keyboard Software: 2000?

Tcard: 1000?

Protos: 250 each max

Players Club case: 400

Intellivoice and games: 50

It doesn't even hit 10k IMHO.

Add to that the fact that the prices above are when all items are sold individually.

When you sell stuff like this in a lot, you always get less that each item sells for individually.

I say about 9000 for this lot, and if he would take it, I'd buy it for that price today!

I think like was mentioned above maybe he threw it in there to see if someone bites. It doesnt hurt to try. He may end up selling it individually, he is already unloading rare games. So he may break it up and sell them soon

Do you think it's even worth 15k?

Keyboard: 3000

Playcable: 1500

Printer: 1000?

Boxed Videoplexer: 500 (1000 if you believe Ozma)

Keyboard Software: 2000?

Tcard: 1000?

Protos: 250 each max

Players Club case: 400

Intellivoice and games: 50

It doesn't even hit 10k IMHO.

Add to that the fact that the prices above are when all items are sold individually.

When you sell stuff like this in a lot, you always get less that each item sells for individually.

I say about 9000 for this lot, and if he would take it, I'd buy it for that price today!

Did you message him and ask?

Did you message him and ask?

Actually, no.

Do you think I should?

Usually if I don't see the "make offer" option, I don't bother.

In the past I've had some ugly experiences of reaching out to people and making realistic offers on unrealistic asking prices.

Actually, no.

Do you think I should?

In the past I've had some ugly experiences of reaching out to people and making realistic offers on unrealistic asking prices.

Im sure he will unload it individually. He is already unloading rare games. He will probably put up the stuff seperately with some sort of reserve. so lets see what he does.

Actually, no.

Do you think I should?

If you simply wrote asking if he'd accept X amount, all he can say is yes or no.. if he goes on a tangent or something, what's the big deal... can't really hurt to try.

If you simply wrote asking if he'd accept X amount, all he can say is yes or no.. if he goes on a tangent or something, what's the big deal... can't really hurt to try.

Its probably best to just let the auction goes. If someone overpays 25K then good for both persons. But The guys is unloading all his rare stuff. Odd are if he does not get any offers he will lower it. It reminds me of the guy selling the intv kiosk device for 2k starting bid. no offers after two listing and no bids he finally lowered it to 1000 and finally sold it.

Maybe. I just don't understand the harm in asking.

Ebay sellers are weird. And if they sense a demand they will hold out bc they know someone may bite. If no interest is seen then the odds of them dropping the prices to realistic levels increase.

• Like 1

for example ozmawars and his "last" videoplexer. He was offered 1000 euro, but her held out bc there was "demand" 1000 Euros at that time was approximatley $1500 USD. Anyway most vdeoplexers before that sold under 1k, so he got greedy and held out hoping for a higher offer. Well he held out too long and finally the demand dropped and he claims to have sold it to some Canadian for about 700 euros (still high) but most ebay sellers will hold off if they think they can get a penny more.

Maybe. I just don't understand the harm in asking.

I agree, no harm in asking. Some sellers don't mind taking offers or wheeling and dealing off on the side. And if you make friends with them they have been known to give deals on their other items too. It never hurts to ask.

If it wasn't for messaging a seller, i would of never scored a Mountain Madness box.

I agree, no harm in asking. Some sellers don't mind taking offers or wheeling and dealing off on the side. And if you make friends with them they have been known to give deals on their other items too. It never hurts to ask.

If it wasn't for messaging a seller, i would of never scored a Mountain Madness box.

Agreed. I do a good bit of selling on eBay and I don't mind people making offers. Most of the time, I politely decline, but at least I know a floor for the auction. Just ask if he would consider it and be prepared to hear the answer of no.

The only thing that I wouldn't do is, if you make an offer, don't try send the itemized list of what you think that it's worth to justify the bid, I think that could turn the conversation in a poor direction.

Edited by Fushek

Any time I've ever messaged someone, I usually ask something like "would you consider selling etc etc" or something similar. If he doesn't want to do it (like selling individual games as a lot), there's no offer made and no offending anyone.

But... the real question is... How high will the current Congo Bongo auction go?

OK, my two cents ;-)

Communication on eBay beyond the simple "bid, pay, feedback" approach is generally a good thing, IMO. I try to communicate throughout the whole process. I ask questions before the auction ends, but try not to be annoying or too much of a hassle (especially for lower value auctions). I typically send an email asking about shipping, but I ask before I pay in case they want a reasonable amount more to ship in a box. I typically pay immediately, but if I'm interested in other items, or if they are still listing BINs, I'll still send an message indicating that I'm still considering more games and even usually indicate the last auction of theirs that I'm interested in. If the listing is "make offer", I generally use the 75% 90% rule of thumb. Offering less than 75% of asking price will generally get you nowhere. Even if the asking price is outrageous, if your offer is too low many sellers can get offended....or you're just out of their ballpark. Only exceptions would be if they literally have no idea what something's worth (they are asking like $400 for a loose console they recently got for free and were too lazy to research the value, but would still be glad to take $40 once they realize it's actual value). Likewise, they should be willing to come down to at least 90% of their asking price, IMO. Otherwise, why even bother with "make offer"? Don't list something for $50 and turn down my offer for $46 (assuming no one is offering more). :mad: Finally, if the auction is simply a BIN with no make offer option, I typically won't offer less until after the auction ends and it doesn't sell. If it doesn't sell, I might send an email saying, "I noticed that XXX didn't sell. Would you consider taking YYY for it?" This works ~30% of the time for me. That being said, considering the uniqueness and high value of the KC/Playcable/Vidoeplexer auction, I don't think it would be out of line offering a lower offer, but I'd be very cautious in my wording. They likely know they won't get $25,000 for it, but it indicates that they know what it's worth and probably aren't desperate to sell it. I'd be surprised if they accepted as low as $15k for it, but as stated before, it's probably not worth it. But that doesn't mean someone won't buy it. :D Obviously their best option would be to part it out, but they are probably giving someone with $$$$$ the option to keep it together. Few people have an extra $15,000 to blow on video games, but many have $2000-3000. When it doesn't sell, they will likely lower the price, part it out, or just keep it. I wonder what other rare gems they have yet to list :lust:

Lol!

That reminded me of this :grin:

http://stlouis.craig...3619254286.html

i also forgot to mention, the guy told me to "stop trying to be greedy" and sell it to him for the 15 dollar bid. funny thing is his bid was the first and like 30 min after i listed it. i knew better about the rarity before i listed it and gladly waited the 5 days for it to end. i didnt just sell games to run a business. i sold stuff if i needed to pay a bill or needed food on the table. so i would find something i had that is of value to sell to accomplish that. i dont sell much anymore cause i am happy living very minimal these days so most rare games i find i give to a friend of mine that has the largest game collection i have ever personally seen because i know he truly appreciates games and his collection. i have never seen so many uv protective bags in my life though. some people and their ocd. he however has helped me many times when i was in a jam so i feel good being able to show my thanks. it is funny though that most people i know that help others are on this intv forum. its hard/rare to find perfectly good strangers like people here that will help each other out. it is this attitude that keeps me coming here. i dont miss all the cutthroating and fighting i have seen in a few other sections of aa. now that i am done ranting.....
  • Like 1

your almost there you got the harder ones already. but i warn after 125 comes the variant abyss. That where I am now. also protypes, hardware, homebrews it doesntbend with INTV. as soon as you thinkmyou got them alll something different appears.