IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

This game lot went for $225 plus shipping?!?! :-o http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-LOT-of-21-Games-CIB-NO-Duplicates-Intv-System-III-console-/181343031498?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=fVNtt68HyMmwR1wES3iTLaq3liM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Yes, it has White Water, Tropical Trouble & Truckin' but overvalued IMO since the games look to have some wear. And the seller didn't even include pictures of the carts/manuals... Not to mention his 1 line description, "Just the games in the pictures, no system." And to top it off he's a new seller... (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Sorry, I'm venting a bit... whenever I try to sell my quality stuff I'm very detailed with the description and take plenty of good pictures yet always never seem to get anywhere what they're worth.

Serenity now...

• Like 1

This game lot went for $225 plus shipping?!?! :-o http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-LOT-of-21-Games-CIB-NO-Duplicates-Intv-System-III-console-/181343031498?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=fVNtt68HyMmwR1wES3iTLaq3liM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Yes, it has White Water, Tropical Trouble & Truckin' but overvalued IMO since the games look to have some wear. And the seller didn't even include pictures of the carts/manuals... Not to mention his 1 line description, "Just the games in the pictures, no system." And to top it off he's a new seller... (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Sorry, I'm venting a bit... whenever I try to sell my quality stuff I'm very detailed with the description and take plenty of good pictures yet always never seem to get anywhere what they're worth.

Serenity now...

I've noticed you've had some low auctions recently. I have no idea why. You're one of my favorite sellers to deal with ;-) My guess....you're too honest. It's a necessity and appreciated in AA trades, but eBay people hear you mention any little flaw and it's like you're pointing it out for them, so they hold out for one of those picture-less auctions. Go figure.

• Like 1

but eBay people hear you mention any little flaw and it's like you're pointing it out for them, so they hold out for one of those picture-less auctions. Go figure.

True that. I need to keep telling myself ebay is NOT my friend... Trying the Marketplace, just have to figure out the best way to price it.

True that. I need to keep telling myself ebay is NOT my friend... Trying the Marketplace, just have to figure out the best way to price it.

I'm in the same boat. Want the highest dollar amount, but don't want to come across overpriced. It's so much easier just to give away or go super cheap :-) but that doesn't pay the bills.

I've noticed you've had some low auctions recently. I have no idea why. You're one of my favorite sellers to deal with ;-) My guess....you're too honest. It's a necessity and appreciated in AA trades, but eBay people hear you mention any little flaw and it's like you're pointing it out for them, so they hold out for one of those picture-less auctions. Go figure.

Yup, he is great to deal with.

• Like 1

This game lot went for $225 plus shipping?!?! :-o http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-LOT-of-21-Games-CIB-NO-Duplicates-Intv-System-III-console-/181343031498?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=fVNtt68HyMmwR1wES3iTLaq3liM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Yes, it has White Water, Tropical Trouble & Truckin' but overvalued IMO since the games look to have some wear. And the seller didn't even include pictures of the carts/manuals... Not to mention his 1 line description, "Just the games in the pictures, no system." [/size]And to top it off he's a new seller... (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Serenity now... I was following this auction too . It was one of those auctions that was Sexy to me . I even bid on it north of 100 bucks But my bid was half of what it went for . This auction remindeds me of a girl that is fun but you don't take home to meet mother:) . A little dangerous mystery and a lot of sexy Imagic titles . I am new to selling on Ebay but what i do, to make sure i get what i want for a auction is start it at where I want. If this auction would have been mine, opening bid would have been 100 bucks maybe a buy it now at 200 sometimes my auctions may stat a little high but if noone buys them I bring my prices down .

Serenity now...

Yeah I thought that was a ridiculously high price for that auction as well, especially considering he didn't even have pics of the carts/manuals, like you said. I had sent him an inquiry earlier asking whether the games had manuals and overlays and he said the "boxes have been taped for years and I don't want to tear it apart", whatever that means. I was still willing to put in an offer but it quickly went way above my comfort level.

I feel the same way you do about selling stuff. I'm pretty sure I lose sales because I'm so detailed in my photos and descriptions. Recently I bought a game where only one picture was shown, but it had the color manual so I bought it anyway. When I got it, there was a tear on the spine that wasn't shown in the photo which, in my opinion, made it unsuitable for display. Never would have bought it in the first place if I had known that was there. I'm returning it, but now I have to pay return shipping plus the guy is charging me a restocking fee, so he's going to make money off of his lazily-displayed item either way. I won't make that mistake again.

Yeah, that it why I was following it as well, it's an attractive package but's it's about how much you're willing to pay.

As for selling I've set a price for some auctions, if they don't sell then I consider lowering the price as well. Only bad thing is the % that feebay takes!

• Like 1

I feel the same way you do about selling stuff. I'm pretty sure I lose sales because I'm so detailed in my photos and descriptions. Recently I bought a game where only one picture was shown, but it had the color manual so I bought it anyway. When I got it, there was a tear on the spine that wasn't shown in the photo which, in my opinion, made it unsuitable for display. Never would have bought it in the first place if I had known that was there. I'm returning it, but now I have to pay return shipping plus the guy is charging me a restocking fee, so he's going to make money off of his lazily-displayed item either way. I won't make that mistake again.

Live and Learn, that is the collecting way...

Yeah, that it why I was following it as well, it's an attractive package but's it's about how much you're willing to pay.

As for selling I've set a price for some auctions, if they don't sell then I consider lowering the price as well. Only bad thing is the % that feebay takes!

I've been selling off my common games on eBay and it isn't eBay or PayPal that hurt; it is the shipping fees that eat me alive. I had no luck selling common games when buyers were paying shipping so I was forced to use Free Shipping.

At this point, a $4 CIB game that is common costs me ~$2.70 to ship (not including supplies). eBay and PayPal get their share but only cost me ~50¢. Certainly not going to make a living off of 70¢ a sale.

I've tried putting several common games in a lot in an effort to reduce the % paid for shipping, but no buyers.

I've been selling off my common games on eBay and it isn't eBay or PayPal that hurt; it is the shipping fees that eat me alive. I had no luck selling common games when buyers were paying shipping so I was forced to use Free Shipping.

At this point, a $4 CIB game that is common costs me ~$2.70 to ship (not including supplies). eBay and PayPal get their share but only cost me ~50¢. Certainly not going to make a living off of 70¢ a sale.

I've tried putting several common games in a lot in an effort to reduce the % paid for shipping, but no buyers.

Yes E bay had a great racket 10 % of the top plus paypal and it make me mad they get 10% of shipping