IGNORED

1942 WIP

homerhomer

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Nice!  I’ll be harder to roll the score.

It shouldn't be possible to roll the score.

When I (or someone else) reconfigure and optimize the attack waves, I'll setup a excel sheet (or something similar) to compute the maximum score and enemies to shoot down. The max score should stay under a million and the max enemies that can be shoot down must be less than  10000.

However, if you finish the game you will be rewarded with the special bonus:

224.png

currently only on the end-screen, but not (yet) on the title screen and the HSC table.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I have updated the binary in my first post and in PlusStore again, because I just found and removed a bug in the scoring system. Mostly the player got to many points for shooting down an enemy.

All future scores will be much lower than the current scores in the online HSC database. So I just deleted all scores.

Found a bug in the new build where if you shoot the lead plane in the top row when the four sets of planes fly in from the side, the remaining plane will flip horizontally.

- James

image.thumb.png.50486d9010b313ff5238016ab58b098e.png

44 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Found a bug in the new build where if you shoot the lead plane in the top row when the four sets of planes fly in from the side, the remaining plane will flip horizontally.

- James

image.thumb.png.50486d9010b313ff5238016ab58b098e.png

Maybe he got scared and wants to escape....

?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Just beat the game and it flashed a screen quickly (too quick for me to make it out) and then went to the title screen.

Did you died while moving to the right?

I think we need a "right" restrainer for the game-over and endscreen.

Played a bit earlier and had to go kama KAZI because I was being called away. Love the new changes and I feel the balance is better and not so easy to rack up a score. BTW is there a post that shows which color power ups do which?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

The score has not been sent too. Looks like the ROM lost the connection to the HSC during the game. ?

No worries.  I'm not concerned with the score.  Just trying to test the ROM and complete the game in order to see that cool looking end-screen.?  I'll try to test some more tomorrow.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

Played a bit earlier and had to go kama KAZI because I was being called away. Love the new changes and I feel the balance is better and not so easy to rack up a score. BTW is there a post that shows which color power ups do which?

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/1942/How_to_play#Power-Ups

new binaries in my first post and in PlusStore.

changes:

• Fixed wrong REFPx on NUSIZx changed
  • Add reset restrainer for game-over and endscreen
  • PlusROM functions sent bonus scores to HSC backend

18 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

The remaining plane shouldn't try to escape now.

I have improved the recruitment process, but good kamikaze pilots are hard to find these days, they don't train them properly anymore.

17 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Just beat the game and it flashed a screen quickly (too quick for me to make it out) and then went to the title screen.

should be fixed now too.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:
  • Add reset restrainer for game-over and endscreen
  • PlusROM functions sent bonus scores to HSC backend

Both appear to be working.  I'm still unable to break 500,000 so @Isaiah Austin really owns the HS.

23 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I didn't pay attention to this.  I'll leave it to James to validate. 

I have improved the recruitment process, but good kamikaze pilots are hard to find these days, they don't train them properly anymore.

?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Both appear to be working.

thanks for testing ?

6 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I'm still unable to break 500,000 so @Isaiah Austin really owns the HS.

I can add the 10,000,000 PTS in the DB for now. But all scores will be deleted again when the final attack waves configuration is completed..

btw.

Scores sent from old binaries are now ignored by the HSC backend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I can add the 10,000,000 PTS in the DB for now. But all scores will be deleted again when the final attack waves configuration is completed..

Understood, but if you could, you might as well add it.  It's the best score with the current configs. 

Really nice to have a playable version of 1942 on this classic console and all the better, that we can all play it via PlusCart.?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I didn't pay attention to this.  I'll leave it to James to validate.

The pilots have learned to fly their planes forward when their friends get shot down, looks good now! ?

- James

• Like 3