IGNORED

CrazyBrix - WIP

PacManPlus

I did something a little different. The player now always starts out with two balls in play, and earns +100 points per brick destroyed when both balls are in play.

I am leaving the wall hit sound, unless someone complains.

So, all that's left is the intro tune, and something when you lose a ball. :)

Bob

Both screens I was able to play on Easy mode with a keyboard look great and I like the way the paddle looks and how could you go wrong on the balls, right? :)

I like the sound effects on the second screen of the Easy play mode which is easy on the ears. The first screen on Easy the pitch is too high from the onset. On Normal mode I'm not feeling the explosion sound effects for destroying the bricks. The only other change is maybe experiment with an effect when hitting the top of the wall - maybe a half step or full step up from the sound of hitting the side walls.

Lastly, what if there were no pauses between screens like in Super Breakout where the next wall is drawn after hitting the last brick? This would ramp up the difficulty level and pace of the game. Or maybe it can be a selectable option from the menu?

Thank you very much for the kind words :)

@rmaerz: Regarding the sound effects on the different modes - the control (i.e. type of sound) is randomly picked at the beginning of each board, so they aren't set a specific way. Being that the ball dictates the pitch heard when hitting a brick, I can offset it by adding, say something like $05 to it so that the pitches start lower if they are too high. As far as the pauses between screens, I don't think it's a good idea because some of the low bricks are *really* low on some of the boards and that could cause the player to unfairly lose the balls in play immediately after a new screen appears. Also, I was trying for an 'Arkanoid-like' beginning of a level. :)

So now: RC3

- I've made some of the higher-pitched noises lower with an offset (so the lowest sounds will also be lower)

- I've made the 'up and down' wall hit higher pitched than the 'left-right' wall hit.

Bins will be posted soon...

Thanks for the input,

Bob

EDIT - what I did do was remove the 'flashing' of the playfield at the end of the level, so it moves more smoothly from level to level. I think this helps a bit.

CrazyBricks.A78

CrazyBricks.bin

CrazyBricksP.A78

CrazyBricksP.bin

Yes - Propane13 is working on an Arkanoid port, which is why I didn't want this to be *too* much like Arkanoid. I think it's more like Super Breakout with some Arkanoid elements thrown in. :)

(No powerups, no wandering enemies, no multiple hit bricks, no background patterns, no DOH...)

Bob

Hi Guys:

Here is RC4, which fixes the following:

- At 100,000 you were awarded a of bonus life for every brick you hit until 101,000

- In the later levels, balls wrapping horizontally around the screen would sometime rebound when there is no wall there.

- In the later levels, balls wrapping vertically upward would get lost.

Enjoy!

Oh... and:

post-1787-0-68582200-1320059719_thumb.jpg

Ok Marc - your turn! :D

CrazyBricks.A78

CrazyBricks.bin

CrazyBricksP.A78

CrazyBricksP.bin

• Like 3