IGNORED

HSC8 Round 10: Up the Creek!

Do you prefer that we edit our posts with new scores?

If you see me posting that the table has been updated (like now!) then try not to edit any previous posts as I might miss them. Otherwise edit them as you wish; I'm sure people will shout if I've missed their scores out (might miss a few of deteachers later on ;) )

TRBB, you didnt put my new scores in... probly would help if i posted them tho... :'D

i will get to posting them tonight... but i know in kaboom! my last score was like in the 27,000 range...

sloopy.

I've tried playing Kaboom (for the first time) on Altirra. The game seems to get very quick very quick! Not having played the game on the real hardware before I've got no idea how fast it's supposed to run but it seems too fast! Perhaps I'm just crap at it but the best I can do is around 800 way off the best scores here. Anyone else or is it just me? :(

I've tried playing Kaboom (for the first time) on Altirra. The game seems to get very quick very quick! Not having played the game on the real hardware before I've got no idea how fast it's supposed to run but it seems too fast! Perhaps I'm just crap at it but the best I can do is around 800 way off the best scores here. Anyone else or is it just me? :(

It's not just you - I normally waltz through the 1st 3 levels, then I'm lucky if I get past the 4th at all :(

i only know of about 4-5 people who can score over about 2000-3000 on kaboom... so your fine... i made my wife play the other day and she got ~270... my son who is 13, and playing video games since he was 3, hasnt broken 1000... (but word of warning, DONT play against him in Tony Hawk 1, 2, or 3 on the PSX, he has torn that game a new one since he was about 4 or 5...)

sloopy.

• Like 1

Downhill I - 37.11

Downhill P - 65.71

Super Breakout B - 134

Super Breakout D - 219

Super Breakout C - 120

Super Breakout P - 401

Kaboom Small P - 526 (forgot photo)

Kaboom Large P - 653 (not much better with big paddles :( )

Wavy Navy - 1580 Cook

Clowns & Ballons - 12950

Livewire - 8950

Spy's Demise - 11048

Juggler - 42430

Tilter - 42.2 You Can Do Better

River Raid - Overall 61440, Level 1 49670, Highest Level 2

Photos to come (except for the Kaboom Small paddles one)

You got me sloopy :P

Dug out the XEGS as had Super Breakout and Kaboom! on cart:

post-19705-0-50411400-1307870129_thumb.jpg Dig that new hardware :D

The paddles were very jittery for the first game but then settled down nicely :!:

Breakout 909. Double 582 Cavity 1219 (pretty cool when three balls are active - the short bat is a bit harsh :twisted:

post-19705-0-30429800-1307870149_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-42702400-1307870157_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-69002500-1307870164_thumb.jpg

River Raid - Overall 61440, Level 1 49670, Highest Level 2

It's one thig to be a River Rat and kill a few ducks and crash into the odd swimmmer, another to take a jet fighter armed with guided missiles and blow the chuff out of them... whatever floats your boat :D

Table Updated!

• Like 1

What happened to Chicken and Night Mission Pinball? I voted for paddle games because these two were on the list and I owned both of them. I don't have any of the ones that actually were included. Maybe they'll make it into a second up the creek round?

:ponder: I droppped NMP as it wasn't paddles (unlike most other pinballs where you can use the two butons) and to give variety I chose Kaboom over Chicken (by Synapse), as it was a bigger name and I thought a lot of people might have it. I'll try and post you a disk, hopefully will cross the pond in time! (send me a list of any new games you have since last time ASAP and I'll fill it out with some others) :)

p.s. You can sub in Chicken and NMP either way!

*YOU HAVE RIVER RAT*

Hello. Sorry about the delay. We had another tree down, and it took out the internet and phone again. We just got everything back today. Thanks for reminding me about River Rat. I didn't realize it was here after all. It's quite good too. Here's my score best score so far:

post-16734-0-52144800-1307909595_thumb.jpg

It's one thig to be a River Rat and kill a few ducks and crash into the odd swimmmer, another to take a jet fighter armed with guided missiles and blow the chuff out of them... whatever floats your boat :D

I'm just glad I found one of these that I'm not too bad at :D even though the other three players are much better than me, I'm just glad I got the highest score on level one as a default...

Now where are my Kaboom scores?

Edited by orpheuswaking

Not the best scores so far... but I'm trying:

Breakout Cavity: 791

Juggler: 36290 (you already had this one TRBB, but here is also the screenshot I promised)

Tilter: 32.1 Average

Spy's Demise: 001702

Clowns And Balloons: 16130

Edited by Marius1976

For some stupid reason my breakout picture stays rotated. Sorry TRBB. Don't know how to fix it, Well you still can see the score as prove.

It's ok in australia :D

Now where are my Kaboom scores?

erm here in the new table on Post 3

Worked on Super Breakout today. :)

Keep up the good work folks!

And here is a piece of my Birthday cake for you all, not telling you how old I am. No :!: you can't have the joystick... might put the little one up for a tourney prize (buyer collects) :D

post-19705-0-48450800-1307954755_thumb.jpeg

Thanks to young Gwobby for designing this :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Could someone PLEASE tell me what the strategy is in Spy's Demise. I am at the point of pulling my HAIR out of my head!!!!

I have strongly the feeling that there is not really a tactic possible, I have the idea that those up-and-down moving things are completely random moving, so in some cases you have luck there is a way out, but in most cases, you simply can not do it (well... I am not able to do it)

It is not possible to move the spy fast from left to right on it's place with my paddles. so you can not 'wait' on a place. With keyboard this is possible, but with paddles it is (almost) impossible... well again: FOR ME!

This could be a fun game, but in my opinion it is far too hard.

Any help is really appreciated. THANKS

Marius