IGNORED

HSC8 Round 10: Up the Creek!

I've got a couple new scores:

Livewire: 12,450!

post-9712-0-43979800-1308487658_thumb.png

Tiilter: 7.3!

post-9712-0-34567300-1308487670_thumb.png

Now, I just want to be sure about my tilter score. I played it using the touchpad, emulating the mouse, is that correct? I ask because if that's not right/allowed, I'll throw that score out. It just seemed really easy to play using the touchpad.

Edited by Deteacher

Hi folks :)

Right down to business, the tables are updated.

I've added a bonus point for each of the Super Breakout games (see table for these).

Deteacher - can't think your Tilt(er) control is correct, using the mouse pad you should have to scrape up and down and left and right separately - you should find this not so easy!

For now I've put you in last place with 1pt ;)

Marius / everyone - screen shots are optional, for games that don't have a pause like River Rat just note the score after the end of level 1 bonus. In River Rat the level is indicated by the number of flags at the side of the screen during play - you'll just have to remember what level you got to. I think on level 5 you get a red flag then extra yellow ones for each level... will play later to confirm (and to crush justin case of course :P good score mate :thumbsup: )

Philsan - re the Downhill tables, I'll see when we have a few more players: the intention of splitting the table was to handicap the better players (these should be a smaller group and get less points) ;)

32 downloads of Disk A :thumbsup:

So come on folks lets see some scores; even if it's only for the odd go :cool:

New Scores from my side:

Juggler:

Breakout DOUBLE:

Breakout PROGRESSIVE:

River Rat:

After level 1:

I did forget to check for the amount of levels. I'll do that next time I play it... sorry for the inconvenience. (LOOK at next POST!)

Edited by Marius1976

Deteacher - can't think your Tilt(er) control is correct, using the mouse pad you should have to scrape up and down and left and right separately - you should find this not so easy!

For now I've put you in last place with 1pt ;)

By sliding my finger diagonally, I was able to adjust both the up/down and left/right simultaneously. I guess that would account for my score. Can you tell me how to fix my mouse settings properly with Atari800Win? I don't want to have any kind of unfair advantage (and thanks for the pity point.) LOL! :) Otherwise, I'll play again, making sure I only move in one direction at a time, which would level the playing field. :)

I just checked the score tables...UNDER INVESTIGATION? Wow! I feel so dirty, now. ;)

Edited by Deteacher

Ok, I got both paddles working in Altirra with my Stelladaptor for Tilter! All I did was use the paddle mappings that Philsan sent to me (one is set for JoyAxis H and the other is JoyAxis V.) I set them both to Port 1 and I made sure both were checked under the input map menu. You can't check them both off under the regular input menu. You have to check them off under the input map menu. Then, when you go under the input menu, you should then see both paddles with a radio button next to them and they should work just fine with Tilter. :)

I hope that makes sense to everyone. I'll post screenshots for the visual learners out there, if necessary.

TRBB, I think I deserve a point for figuring this out for you. ;) LOL!

So, now, hopefully I won't be "under investigation" anymore, as I can now post a real score, using my paddles

32 downloads of Disk A :thumbsup:

So come on folks lets see some scores; even if it's only for the odd go :cool:

I have to admit I've downloaded more than twice ;-)

Don't spoil the magic ;)

You have to play all the games everytime you download (see rule 99.4c) :D

Some efforts from tonight's bash...

SB Prog:

post-19705-0-94105700-1308520023_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-05516800-1308520014_thumb.jpg

I had a go like littleman using the paddles for River Rat, but fell asleep at the wheel... plugged the stick in and went a bit crazy taking the ramps but a 200k (Lv4) for now... think I once got to level 7 so will be giving this game some serious attention this week ;) [if you haven't sussed it I think it's 500 for a jump on slow (where you might be lucky and see where you are going to land, and 1000 for a fast jump where you'd better brace yourself :D ) ]

post-19705-0-69604800-1308519992_thumb.jpg

Introducing another River Rat bonus challenge here, if I remember correctly the end of Level 4 has a special bonus so high score at end of level 4 is another challenge (you'll just have to play again wont you ;) )

Nice to see someone (a8) going for the C&B Expert bonus challenge :thumbsup: the game doesn't seem a lot harder on this setting folks :!:

post-19705-0-20597200-1308519650_thumb.jpg

On Downhill remember to set the slope to 60deg, as this brings the brake (fire) into play. To practice the game drop this down to 20deg to get the hang of the controls.

post-19705-0-98660800-1308520037_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-71065400-1308520046_thumb.jpg

Where is that roadrunner :?:

To recap on River Rat we now have:

Bonus Challenge 1 - Highest score at end of level 1

Bonus Challenge 2 - Highest level reached (indicated by flags on screen edge)

Bonus Challenge 3 - Highest score at end of level 4 (after 'special' bonus)

(all in any number of boats)

The Scoring has changed:

For each the top player receives 3pts, 2nd place 2pts, then 1pt for 3rd place. Hope this is ok as it'll be easier for everyone to understand :ponder: and it makes for some interesting tactics for the different challenges :)

I finally crashed during the river with the 4 flags. So I completed the river with 3 flags.

Thats cool, put you down for the highest level you reached, 4 :thumbsup:

Also for the most games won (we have 11 games) there will be a 1pt HSC bonus, can I get an ooooh :D

Things are getting interesting...

Latest Tables

:sleep:

Juggler - 49,990

post-9154-0-94769000-1308534426_thumb.png

Someone please tell me there's no bonus life at 50K!

lol

I scored 37K before I realized you can use the fire button in juggler. DUH!

p.s. This is a classic example of a game that uses NTSC artifacting!

Edited by a8isa1

..." for Kaboom if you are small or big paddles, as you are new it's a bit harsh making you play in the pro set but you did have a convincing win at Moon Patrol. I'll leave it up to you :) "

Somehow I don't think it will matter much. :evil:

You're right about that

Hey Zylon, have you only got Carts? what other games do you have, perhaps post them here on the Games List :) If you've got 2 games (=3 in the tourney) and littleman jack has 1 maybe you guys want to team up (or if a third person wants to team up to cover more of the range :?: ) Impressive scores btw, and on NTSC too :thumbsup:

Just been looking at vids of 2600 paddle games to see if there's anything we could have ported... anyone know of any or any paddle type arcade games of old :?:

Two 2600 paddle games, that never were made on the 8-bit computers, that come to mind, are Night Driver and Circus Atari.

:thumbsup: 2 of my faves. :) I also loved Tac-Scan, Encounter at L-5, Demons to Diamonds, just to name a few.

I forgot about Demons to Diamonds. That's a good one. I never have played the other two you mentioned, but I'll take your word for it. :)

..." for Kaboom if you are small or big paddles, as you are new it's a bit harsh making you play in the pro set but you did have a convincing win at Moon Patrol. I'll leave it up to you :) "

Somehow I don't think it will matter much. :evil:

You're right about that

Hey Zylon, have you only got Carts? what other games do you have, perhaps post them here on the Games List :) If you've got 2 games (=3 in the tourney) and littleman jack has 1 maybe you guys want to team up (or if a third person wants to team up to cover more of the range :?: ) Impressive scores btw, and on NTSC too :thumbsup:

Just been looking at vids of 2600 paddle games to see if there's anything we could have ported... anyone know of any or any paddle type arcade games of old :?:

Two 2600 paddle games, that never were made on the 8-bit computers, that come to mind, are Night Driver and Circus Atari.

:thumbsup: 2 of my faves. :) I also loved Tac-Scan, Encounter at L-5, Demons to Diamonds, just to name a few.

I forgot about Demons to Diamonds. That's a good one. I never have played the other two you mentioned, but I'll take your word for it. :)

If you can get them cheap, I highly recommend them. :)