IGNORED

Kjmann's Atari Pirates cartridges...

Sikor

People like Hozer that sell blatant copies of homebrewers efforts, and knock offs that are clearly deceptive for huge profits on eBay to buyers who just don't know any better are the enemy. Compilations of classics are a service. These in-one carts are nothing more than convenience, not gold digging IMHO.

AX

I agree. I am new to collecting for the atari computers, but I like the in-one carts. It is a huge convenience. I would imagine that if a homebrewer couls just simply ask him to remove their game from his offerings. That seems reasonable.

For the record kjmann contacts the owners of homebrew games for permission (well he did me for GSB which unfortunately (for you guys maybe) was in turbo basic so couldn't be cartrisized :( ) they would then recieve a small royalty when any are sold :!:

• Like 1

All hail copyright owners, and let's all reformat our hard drives in unison tonight, to rid ourselves of the hag of piracy and copyright infringement, prove a point, and behold that we "walk the walk as well as talk the talk." UH, on second thought, you guys go ahead, and tell me what the experience is like. I'll enjoy your liberation, vicariously. Somehow, I have a feeling that I won't be the only one sitting this one out, and I strongly suspect that if we (on the forum) could remotely examine the drives of some of our most ardent copyright defenders here, might we find a bit of unannounced "inappropriateness?" No, I'm sure they'd be perfectly clean, beyond a reasonable doubt, in EVERY SINGLE WAY and with no gray areas, right? :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

That reminds me...

Back when there were local Atari user groups, it always seemed like the leaders of said groups were the most outspoken defenders of copyright and at the same time, the guys with the biggest pirate library. One club prez I knew ran a bbs with a giant l33t section if you had access. Otherwise, it was just a tame little chat site with a few PD utilities. So, even the good guys were the bad guys.

A buddy of mine used to trade warez with a guy from his local club until the day he (the guy) found out my friend had copied something he had written. After that they didn't get along.

I actually came across a church BBS system that had pirated PC software on it. That's what I think of when these conversations pop up.

Any girly pics? :evil:

AX

I'm not a copyright snob (I have a piracy device for most systems that use them), but since we're on a forum that (when the store is active) openly sells hacks--just maybe we shouldn't be so quick to throw rocks.

Again, I repeat that I'm not to be taken for some kind of copyright snob--and I'm certainly not against this site making derivative works available to a fairly close community of oddballs like us. But just maybe there's a double standard going on here.

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

Is this a new version of M.U.L.E. ? :D

Come on, they said it wasnt gonna be named M.U.L.E.

maybe H.O.R.S.E.?

figuring out the acronym will be left as an exercise for the reader...

sloopy.

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

'Beating a dead horse'. Usually trying to get something out of something that has no more to give.

that is an observant observation you made... seems you are seeing things clearly...

sloopy.

No Kidding. MULE cart is kinda cool. Wish he'd sell just the cart but then he'd get in trouble :)

Don't know why this is not common knowledge but you can get your own M.U.L.E. cart at Atari Max for under $40. And most of any game can be put on them to make your own. And you can use Photoshop or other graphic programs to make your own label. If you are lazy then just buy KJManns carts and stop all the fuss. lol

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

'Beating a dead horse'. Usually trying to get something out of something that has no more to give.

that is an observant observation you made... seems you are seeing things clearly...

sloopy.

Musta cleaned my glasses. I wish I never said anything about Kjmann. I'm sure his products are valuable and reasonable.

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

sloopy.

Musta cleaned my glasses. I wish I never said anything about Kjmann. I'm sure his products are valuable and reasonable.

i am sure they are too... 4 months later i got a tracking number... so next week i will find out...

sloopy.

Sheeet.

Is this the word in English?

How much time will you continue with this?

I had one of my games, one of my G2F and someone wants me to pay just to had that game....

Kj. said to me to not go into that way.... I could just waste my Money just to had that game. Honest?

He said that tbere (in his company) all will get the the some same money...

For me not to pay in advance... Pirate him?

I hope you don't waste your time at Out Run, Venture, Pac-Man and others that may come....

He said not to go that way...

Pirate him»

I not contact him, but I think he must say something...

Edited by José Pereira

Sheet...

I am related to this:

SHEET

In hope we may come to an end.

Sheet, because Kj. probably was best not to put this in public, in YouTube :ponder:

Sheet because I may be a litle upset and may put here the screens.

Mad I am. because I may/would put here the screens and you say that wasn't one(s) more of my G2Fs.

Probably this would never get anywhere. Just a 'sh...' once more from me.

Edited by José Pereira

You are calling Kjmann this:

" Pesquisar nas definições

iconoclasta

(francês iconoclaste)

s. 2 g.

1. Membro de seita religiosa do século VIII que proscrevia o culto das imagens.

adj. 2 g. s. 2 g.

2. Que ou quem se opõe ao culto das imagens.

3. Que ou quem que não respeita tradições, monumentos ou convenções.

4. Que ou quem mina o crédito ou a reputação alheios.

Now translate this into your own language.

Or you maybe listen to the Music:

What exactly is the definition of homebrew? What worries me as a collector is the guy that makes a cartridge and then sells it as original. I don't really care if someone states it's a reproduction or multicart, at least I know what I'm getting.

I've been creating labels for carts that have torn or missing in my collection (just 3). But I would state that if I ever sold those carts. I'm a collector that enjoys bringing these items back to life. I enjoy attempting to recreate the label (and thought about offering them free for other individuals that might be in need).

It appears to me that the over seas market is much more into Atari 8-bit and has been creating new games, etc. I say, let them, but keep it all above the table.

Where does the line get drawn? I bought a Basic XL that appears to be a reproduction. Who knows who might have bought the rights for redistribute, etc. I surely don't. I just want the seller to keep things honest. Tell me if it is 30 years old or 2.

Most of us are software developers and have an appreciation for copyrights, etc. But on 30+ year old items, who's making that much money, JUST BE HONEST.

Bryan: I noticed Kjmann has Castle Crisis for sale. I was wondering:

1. Did he clear it with you.

2. If so, does he give you some sort of royalty for each copy he sells.

Just curious.

tjb

1. No.

2. No.

I can't find it on his site. Have a link?

EDIT: Nevermind.... He's calling it Warlords. Hey Sal, Albert IS THE ONLY PERSON I HAVE AUTHORIZED TO SELL CASTLE CRISIS.

post-3606-0-47480700-1312667035_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bryan

OR

You maybe prefer the original Atari game Music of Miecze Valdgira:

OR

A promotion and take it all:

DEAD CAN DANCE Page

O.k. just to share because there's no time not days to have this kind of talkings.

Do like me and listening good music (if you like, but you listen first and then say something...)

Sal just contacted me and apparently he has never sold any "Warlords" despite listing it on the site (he set it to show 'out of stock'). I don't approve of his backwards process of adding games to his site first and asking later, but I have no proof he sold any copies of Castle Crisis.

Remember, the game is free and available from atarimania.com. If you want a cartridge, Albert was still shipping them on request last I checked.

I love this indignation. The majority of posters to this forum -- including homebrew developers and champions -- routinely trouce upon the copyrights of others. We buy, sell, and discuss the use of devices designed to host pirated softwares. Many of these come with a CDROM loaded with pirated software. Some guy takes one of these, puts some pirated wares on it, and offers it for sale and everyone has a fit.

Let's face it, if there were no pirated images, there would be no emulators, SDrives, SIO2PCs, FlashCarts, etc. Without these, there would be no community.

The best thing that could happen for the Atari is that every computer on ebay would be bundled with an inexpensive SDrive device loaded with images and sporting a USB game controller port. Such easy access to the classic computer would attract a lot of pedestrians. Frankly, it would be nice to chat with someone about how awesome riverraid is or how to get around an obstacle in miner 2049er.

Can't we all just get along?

You are calling Kjmann this:

" Pesquisar nas definições

iconoclasta

(francês iconoclaste)

s. 2 g.

1. Membro de seita religiosa do século VIII que proscrevia o culto das imagens.

adj. 2 g. s. 2 g.

2. Que ou quem se opõe ao culto das imagens.

3. Que ou quem que não respeita tradições, monumentos ou convenções.

4. Que ou quem mina o crédito ou a reputação alheios.

Now translate this into your own language.

Or you maybe listen to the Music:

half the time you make no sense. Even with google translator you sound confused half the time :D say what?

Edited by qix_maniac
  • Like 1