IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

How much could worth the 64 in 1 Cart ?

Worth is all dependent on what someone is willing to pay and if one of these Sean Kelley CV MultiCarts (there were four made I think: 16-in-1, 32-in-1, 64-in-1 and All-in-1) were to show up on an eBay auction, I would have to estimate anywhere from $125-$200 depending on which version. I don't know for sure how many were made of each MultiCart version, but Retroillucid's guesstimate is probably in the ballpark.

The one thing to concern yourself with these MultiCarts is the fact that it has been reported on here in "OLD" posts that a good number of them are no longer working, but nothing was ever discussed as to what the exact problem with them was. More importantly, it does not seem that Sean Kelley offers any support for these products anymore.

For a collector of all things ColecoVision, definetly a must buy especially if verified to be in working condition. For anyone else, since these MultiCarts are "closed" (the games on them can't be changed) go with the AtariMax SD Cart.

• Like 1

Or you could find a border mail service, where you have the item shipped to a US address near the CAN/USA border, and pay $5 or so when picking it up. This works most of the time, unless the seller won't ship to an unconfirmed address (although you should be able to get through that problem too, with a phone call to your credit card company). In Niagara, I've started using cbiusa.com.

Does this involve creating a 2nd Ebay account for this purpose? Because some if not most of the shippers who dont ship outside the lower 48 dont allow you to bid either or even ask questions. And even if you can ask them to allow you to bid, you sometimes dont hear back at all or for 2 days and can lose out on some BIN or auctions.

Same eBay account, although I use either the global or the .com site. I just added an address to my PayPal account. You could also add the address to your VISA card, by giving them a call (I haven't bothered with that). There's been a couple of auctions I was looking at that didn't ship to unconfirmed addresses (was mentioned on the auction page), but most of them have been fine. Often the shipping is cheaper, too.

I look to the experts for an opinion on this one: CYE eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1906194640911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190619464091&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The links do not work in the listing, and I cannot even find gameconsoles.com.

They cost a lot more than that when they came out even with the high shipping he's charging. About 50.00 if I remember right.

I didn't like the box they came in or the mini carts. The game is OK in IMO.

The guy selling it, I believe, was the guy that sold it back then.

Edited by duncantoml

I look to the experts for an opinion on this one: CYE eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1906194640911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190619464091&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] The links do not work in the listing, and I cannot even find gameconsoles.com.

GoodDealGames has it on their site you could compare and contrast to see which one would be cheaper for you. I bought it through GoodDealGames but still have never played it yet.

Wow $51 I really thought Lord of the Dungeon would have gone for more than that

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2708780748171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270878074817&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It would have if J-F never re-released it. I would have paid anything for it before J-F sold his. Now that I have his I don't really care about the old one.

I'm planning a 2nd run of Lord of the Dungeon , but in CBS format

And I already have the PCBs lying around here

• Like 1

There's also this CIB Mario Bros REV.A

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2209194971361?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220919497136&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'M NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THIS AUCTION BY THE WAY NOR ENDORSED IT

Is it a real release or was it faked? Yours are only style boxes of homebrews I have seen look like that. I remember hearing there was a rev A game but I wasn't in the homebrew seen at that time so I don't know if it was a CIB release or just the Cartridge.

There's also this CIB Mario Bros REV.A

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2209194971361?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220919497136&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'M NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THIS AUCTION BY THE WAY NOR ENDORSED IT

Is it a real release or was it faked? Yours are only style boxes of homebrews I have seen look like that. I remember hearing there was a rev A game but I wasn't in the homebrew seen at that time so I don't know if it was a CIB release or just the Cartridge.

It was a very limited release by J-F. Maybe J-F could shed some light on the number of copies that exist. I would think 10 or so. I know where one of them is. ;)

Now here's a nice auction with no crazy starting price and no reserve. Shame there's no shipping to Canada.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1507283556211?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150728355621&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Saw this the other day and was really amazed at the low starting auction price and the even more incredible shipping price of only $15! :-o Shipping on the Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM alone will run upwards of $50 via UPS or Fedex depending on were the eventual auction winner lives (to big for USPS), so hopefully the seller knows what he or she is doing and won't take a big hit on the shipping because you have to love seeing auctions like these.

With the current bid at around $120 with 6 days to go, at least the seller is in a good spot now.

Now here's a laugh: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3604224842921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360422484292&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] - $199 + shipping for a unit that has had some armorall applied to the plastic to make it look shiny and new. Supposedly "refurbished" but:

Quote 1: "May have had its front sticker removed and retaped using double sided tape so the insides could be inspected." - they don't even know how to open a ColecoVision without removing the front sticker :-o

Quote 2: "Has been opened and inspected to make sure the soldering points are good on the main board. [some of our refurbished ColecoVision systems have had soldering work while others just needed cleaning.]" - there are far more likely problems that need fixing than main board soldering work. In fact none of my 6 ColecoVisions have ever needed the original soldering to be redone.

Quote 3: "No warranties on work performed." - well at least the buyer can buy in confidence - NOT.

Quote 4: "Any work performed intended to restore the system back to a condition similar as it was originally intended and manufactured. Nothing more, nothing less." - no description as to what was done. No mention of the notorious power switch having been refurbished. Totally vague. In fact the refurbishment may have been as simple as spraying the insides with a can of compressed air.

Quote 5: "The controllers were refurbished like the system," - well that should instill everyone with confidence then.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1