IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Yep, you're right Jim ;)

I'm just so much busy with all projects going on since then...

Does someone here owns this Test Module?

There are 2 od these Adam Test Modules known to exist:

- the one JC has been trying to sell on eBay for years now that was part of chuys450's collection

- the one you sold to, I think, ValkerieSilk

To celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving I have temporarily increased the discounts on all of my ColecoVision games and manuals. Check them out via the link in my signature below.

I am also able to offer FREE shipping throughout Canada for the month of October (only limitation is that I can only do this if I ship the games on a Tuesday).

• Like 1

Yes I own the test module ... I'm not certain about the docs (I have ALOT of docs), but I think Jr. provided those although I could be wrong.

Perhaps you can provide Jim a copy of your docs and I can send him the test mod and he can have at it.

I think I gave one part of the document to Jr (I had 2)

The whole document is in 2 parts, I do own both

I'm going to scan them and send them to you

Maybe you'll be able to make it work, hopefully

At least, we do have the documentation to make it work

Anyone have an opinion of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282204444114?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They have a bunch for auction listed as prototypes, but I wonder if they are the same as the commercial releases as far as the ROM, and just the shell is different. Maybe they are just pre-releases that were given to reviewers, but the game is the same.

Anyone have an opinion of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282204444114?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They have a bunch for auction listed as prototypes, but I wonder if they are the same as the commercial releases as far as the ROM, and just the shell is different. Maybe they are just pre-releases that were given to reviewers, but the game is the same.

Since the description mentions that it came from a guy that wrote reviews I would think it has to be the release candidate. You wouldn't want to send a reviewer a buggy non finished version of the game to review.

Since the description mentions that it came from a guy that wrote reviews I would think it has to be the release candidate. You wouldn't want to send a reviewer a buggy non finished version of the game to review.

Yep, these are most likely the finished versions. I have a full set of the Activision Inty proto/review carts of these and they're final versions.

Ha! We used to do that all the time at Activision! ;)

They sure went for alot

Agreed. Priced beyond my interest point. I bid on a couple of them, but since it's not really something I collect the prices just went too high. I saved my money and picked up a boxed XONOX game I didn't have instead. That fits more along the lines of what I'm into...

• Like 1

Yeah, those were not too interesting to me. I find the real cib releases much cooler than a reviewer copy. Especially if it's the same rom as the real release. ;)

Exactly. Early on a had picked up a couple of cheap prototype or review carts that basically now just sit in a drawer. I love the CIB games because I love the graphic design and packaging aspect. Having worked on some game boxes with our creative teams in the late 80s/early 90s and what limited resources we had then, I'm always AMAZED at what companies put together in the late 70s/early 80s. Some of those boxes are truly magical and to this day am shocked at some of the high quality and complexity that went into them! See: Imagic Silvers & Activision gate-fold boxes, etc...

A wicked lot...unbelievable.

It's interesting that both cartridges from the first series won by bidder '2***j' have now been relisted, even though that same bidder has pushed two carts in the second series over $125 already, but not as the lead bidder. Either the seller doesn't weed out standing bids from a (presumed) deadbeat, hasn't gotten around to it, or ... ?

Edited by mumbai

It's interesting that both cartridges from the first series won by bidder '2***j' have now been relisted, even though that same bidder has pushed two carts in the second series over $125 already, but not as the lead bidder. Either the seller doesn't weed out standing bids from a (presumed) deadbeat, hasn't gotten around to it, or ... ?

I see that, and I always have a lot of faith in sellers with 100% feedback, and this one has over 2000 transactions. I guess sometimes, the feedback can be misleading.

I see that, and I always have a lot of faith in sellers with 100% feedback, and this one has over 2000 transactions. I guess sometimes, the feedback can be misleading.

That just means when he sells something people are happy with him. Most people would have no idea that he is having some friend or someone else up the price on them.

• 2 weeks later...

I''m about to post a very special Canadian Colecovison with F18a (VGA video), Clear/White NKK power and reset switches. Power switch lights up red when console turns on. Comes with 6 foot VGA/audio cord and Canadian Power Supply. Works great with SGM (not included).

$350 + exact shipping + $10 box/bubble wrap fee.

post-27883-0-88546600-1477265688_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-55761700-1477265695_thumb.jpg