IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Again, buy yourself Mario Paint for ALOT cheaper! :P

I spotted one on ebay last year .....

and also saw one on Atari2600.com last year or it was in 2009

Do you remember what it was listed for on Atari2600.com they seem to be a lot closer to true value most of the time

Was sealed and If I remember it right, it was $500

That would be really cool to find it new :lust:

Do you have any pics of these games I would love to see what they look like

Here you go....

[sarcasm - on] Thank goodness for the watermark - it would have been dreadful to not know where those images came from [sarcasm - off]

Super Sketch also came with a load of sheets with cartoon like line drawings on them that you can trace over to get the same image on the screen. I have these as well as everything else in the photos. If anyone wants images of the Super Sketch without a watermark let me know!!!

BTW - I managed to get mine for less than $100 :grin:

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1

Look at the controllers in this listing: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509097344261?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250909734426&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yeah they look pretty cool. If he would have broken up this set so I could just get some of the controller stuff then I would have bought it but I don't want all those other things that come with it.

Yeah, I would like the Prostick III he has with this auction. Hard to find one anymore, and he has one boxed. ;)

[sarcasm - on] Thank goodness for the watermark - it would have been dreadful to not know where those images came from [sarcasm - off]

Sarcasm well received. I failed to mention that the box and cart pic where from ColecoVisionZone.com... sorry Junior. A self-portrait for all to enjoy to show my shame ---> :dunce:

• Like 1

Sarcasm well received. I failed to mention that the box and cart pic where from ColecoVisionZone.com... sorry Junior. A self-portrait for all to enjoy to show my shame ---> :dunce:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Do you have any pics of these games I would love to see what they look like

Here you go....

Super Sketch also came with a load of sheets with cartoon like line drawings on them that you can trace over to get the same image on the screen. I have these as well as everything else in the photos. If anyone wants images of the Super Sketch without a watermark let me know!!!

BTW - I managed to get mine for less than $100 :grin:

I would like to see yours with out any watermakes :grin:

• Like 1

Look at the controllers in this listing: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509097344261?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250909734426&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yeah they look pretty cool. If he would have broken up this set so I could just get some of the controller stuff then I would have bought it but I don't want all those other things that come with it.

Yeah, I would like the Prostick III he has with this auction. Hard to find one anymore, and he has one boxed. ;)

It is indeed a tremendous controller, especially for games that only use one firebutton. I don't like it for games that use both firebuttons... the Tri-Fire Bar works, but I just never really could get confortable using it.

Yurkie's refurbished and modded Hand Controllers are still the BEST.

• Like 1

Are any of these kids learning games rare?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608746295971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260874629597&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Fraction Fever, even in the plastic clamshell box, is pretty common... the cardboard box version is probably a little rarer. The four other games with there box (no mention in the auction if they are complete), I would consider rare but just like back in the day... not wanted all that much.

Telly Turtle is the cardboard box version that was sold in the Canadian market. The US version was released in a plastic clamshell box.

CPK: Picture Show was only released with a cardboard box.

Monkey Academy is actually a very nice game which borrows from Mario Bros. It is the best one of the bunch and was developed by Konami.

foolish price for foolish guys

I would not say that, this's pretty rare to come by that complete

Average (fair) price IMO

I seem to remember one going for two hundred and something earlier this year IIRC? I vaguely recall bidding on one....

I think the fan club is rare enough to warrant a price like that.

You're all right, ......and the tiny card is REALLY a pain in the a$$ to get.......... I don't even have it myself

Prices for CV items are simply plain stupid!

.....and the only reason to that is because "how many people want it" ....

Take Donkey Kong CIB as an example...... really rare..... but worth only about $100 to $150

Take Donkey Kong CIB for NES wich was released in a much wider release.... and it worth about the same thing

Prices for CV items do not reflect the rarity of an item

Anyway....... the price for the CV Membership Kit is a fair one

To much for ya? ..... then this is simply not for you, but remind that price is fair in the end

• Like 1

You're all right, ......and the tiny card is REALLY a pain in the a$$ to get.......... I don't even have it myself

Take Donkey Kong CIB as an example...... really rare..... but worth only about $100 to $150

Take Donkey Kong CIB for NES wich was released in a much wider release.... and it worth about the same thing

To much for ya? ..... then this is simply not for you, but remind that price is fair in the end

Its true I have collected many systems and games over the years and I sometimes get surprised at the deals you can get on some very rare colecovision games vs if you try to put together a good sealed nes collection you can spend $10,000+ and still be missing lots of the big games. Hell I dare someone to just put together a sealed black label collection together for under $10,000 and those are not all that rare compared to many colecovision games. I saw one hell of a nice colecovision collection with a ton of super rare games sell for $2000. It would take someone years and years to find those Coleco games. With so many other systems all it takes is money to put together a collection. With the Colecovision it takes lots of time and luck. I would say we should be happy with the prices the way they are right now because as more people continue to fall in love with retro games(as so many are everyday), more people will find out (what we all know) that the colecovision is the amazing gem that it is, these prices of $100 to $500 for super rare games will start to shoot up to $1000 to $5000 really fast. We should all feel lucky that we are Colecovision Collectors at this time, I know I am ;)

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 3

Its true I have collected many systems and games over the years and I sometimes get surprised at the deals you can get on some very rare colecovision games vs if you try to put together a good sealed nes collection you can spend $10,000+ and still be missing lots of the big games. Hell I dare someone to just put together a sealed black label collection together for under $10,000 and those are not all that rare compared to many colecovision games. I saw one hell of a nice colecovision collection with a ton of super rare games sell for $2000. It would take someone years and years to find those Coleco games. With so many other systems all it takes is money to put together a collection. With the Colecovision it takes lots of time and luck. I would say we should be happy with the prices the way they are right now because as more people continue to fall in love with retro games(as so many are everyday), more people will find out (what we all know) that the colecovision is the amazing gem that it is, these prices of $100 to $500 for super rare games will start to shoot up to $1000 to $5000 really fast. We should all feel lucky that we are Colecovision Collectors at this time, I know I am ;)

Yep, and even if I don't collect for the value ..... this is just something that always pissed me ...... I guess I love too much the CV :P

Ask Junior at ColecovisionZone how many conversations I had with him about this ;)

Yeah, we are lucky, but I guess the demand for CV is not as big as other systems .... and never will it be in my opinion

• Like 1

Yep, and even if I don't collect for the value ..... this is just something that always pissed me ...... I guess I love too much the CV :P

Ask Junior at ColecovisionZone how many conversations I had with him about this ;)

Yeah, we are lucky, but I guess the demand for CV is not as big as other systems .... and never will it be in my opinion

I could be wrong but I do think that the CV is getting more popular, I hear it taked about on many video game sites and its on a ton of videogame lists on youtube all the time. The ratio of great games on the colecovision is far better (in my opinion) than any other system ever! Plus thanks to such great homebrews from people like CollectorVision, Pixelboy, Opcode and many others they breath more life into this system all the time. With so much fan passion for this system I think it will continue to grow and grow. I would love to see the Colecovision be the longest supported system of all time and I think it will be. At least that's my feeling and hopes :grin: