IGNORED

Calling all UK based Jag fans!!!!

Gaztee

Hiya guys,

Well thanks for the info Nick, I feel a bit better about bringing my equipment now.

Tyrant, all your endless self promotion is shameless!! :D So, I think a T2K comp sounds like fun, but you have to play blindfold as you MUST hae had more practice than most with a rotary!!!! Well you have to test them after all. Personally, if we actually do manage to get a few things organised the Duel option could be best?

I like the idea of a NBA Jam team session. The olde multitap doesn't get used that often & this should present a perfect excuse!! :P

What we really need is to know how many copies of Aircars & BS/G are coming. And of course what for of network are we able to build. This hopefully will be one of the highlights. As patters98 posted elsewhere on the forum some people haven't seen BS/G running!!

Anyhoo, I am off to bed now. Anyone have anymore ideas on what we should do?

l8r

Gaztee

:twisted:

what carts are people taking down? I am deffinately taking my spare copy of Brutal sports to sell if anyone plans to make me an offer whilst I am there :)

take it people will just be taking loose carts so as not to damage boxes etc..

any plans for developers to show off their new wares maybe handy.. hopefully have something to show by then :)

OO I am all excited

I will bring 1x catbox and maybe 2x scatbox also aircars, battlesphere gold and doom. Almost all carts that were released for the JAG including 2 consoles. 2x teamcap...

Also I will bring a big JAGUAR BANNER and 3 other Atari flags for the room....

Who will bring a camera/digital foto camera?

TXG/MNX

I'll be bringing:

2 PAL consoles (one BJL etc, one production)

JagCD + memory track

Jaglink

Cart dump cable (just in case anyone brings a PC and needs their protos dumped ;) )

Teamtap

Rotary controller

2-3 normal controllers

lightgun

2xDoom

Various protos and demos

Some production games (10-15, just a selection)

Whatever else I can buy/trade/make/beg/borrow/steal before then :D

TXG: the banner sounds cool, how large is it? Think I may have seen one before...

Stone

Hi Guys,

This is really just incase anyone has not read the latest news at http://groups.msn.com/JagFestUK/

The Medway Manor Hotel is confirmed as the venue for Jagfest UK. The room is booked. For details on the accomodation please contact Nick Harlow.

I will definately be bringing a digital camera & (hopefully) a camcorder too! Everyone wanna be famous?? :D

l8r

Gaztee

Hi Guys,

Just to inform everyone of the latest news. Tyrant (I assume) has amended the web site, so we can all confirm what we will be bringing to the fest.

http://groups.msn.com/JagFestUK/pleaseread.msnw

Follow the links to add your items to the site. This will make things alot easier to organise. The list looks quite impressive already!

L8r

Gaztee

Well folks, I've just added a couple of more pages to the JagFest-UK MSN Group and its starting to look a lot more like a professional setup now. If EVERYONE planning to attend could please go there and sign up, and add the equipment your bringing into the newly created equipment list please, it would really help those planning the event. Even if your not sure if you can attend or not, if your going to try, add yourself to the sign up list please.

Well, thats enough for this post, but all the details are now on the group, and if people will add their own personal details it will stop us all having to trawl through this 8 page thread and the threads on the groups own messageboard to work out who's coming and what they're bringing.

Thanks everyone :)

Edit: Looks like Gaztee beet me to posting the news about this update =)

Tyrant I think your website is looking good, what I have done is link my JagFest UK page to the MSN website telling the good folks that more in depth info is their. I plan to keep my page updated with whose attending etc... BTW if you see possible against your name.. it's only their until I get a deposit. and let me know about rooms...

even if you have told me before... I have been a little busy last few weeks and will be in the next couple.. HOLIDAY

Hmm... it could be quite tricky keeping mirrors of all the lists on your site, why not just keep a list of who's paid the £20? Also d'you think you could give us some more info on how we can pay the hotel directly? several people have asked how to do so.

TXG: the banner sounds cool, how large is it? Think I may have seen one before...  

My Jaguar banner is big hmm 1.5 meters wide atleast I think but I also bring a white flag with rainbow color fuji logo and 2 blue/white flags....

We are now planning our trip and decide within a week how many nights we need to book in the hotel.

Until now we are with 4 Dutch people and maybe 1 more will come....

we have 4 scatboxes + catbox + 3x battlesphere gold + 1x battlesphere +2x aircars... so we can play......

I bring 2 teamcaps also....

TXG/MNX

If people want to pay directly they can... you can arrange your own discount, it's only a few quid.. Just phone them direct.. say it's for the computer gathering ... make your own arrangements..

but what is confusing me .. is why? when I have it in hand at this end..?

As to the wb list of whose attending... as the Treasurer I need to know who has paid, and adding a list showing potential people whose coming is a good way to attract more. The more people we have the better the chance of doing this again...

TXG/MNX   it will be good to see you again...  

Oh folks BTW..  I am sending a mass email (groan) out regarding Jagfest and if you recieve one I am sorry cause you already know about it.. but I can't sort everyone name out of the main list. Apologies in advance

Yes nice to meet you again also Nick. Will you bring the whiskey and beer :D

Just mail as much as you can I will start this weekend.... When we are finished the whole world will know about JAGFEST UK

Hiya TXG/MNX,

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but any chance you can add all your items to the MSN Equipment list? It looks quite impressive already. Looks like we should be able to have a BS/G Network of 9 & 6 Aircars so far! :D

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone now & seeing all the unusual items people have (like SoulStar ;) )

l8r

Gaztee

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone now & seeing all the unusual items people have (like SoulStar  ;) )

Thank you ;) I'll have some other 'interesting' bits there too, like my lightguns, flash cart, rental cart cases and whatever else I can dredge up before then :D I'll also have a couple of the rarer (and better!) games, like Rayman and Worms. That could be another good competition title btw...I need to check with the Jag version but the PC version supported 16 players in hot-seat mode :D

Actually it's what you might call a 'difficult' weekend given that my sister's birthday is the 14th and my parent's anniversary the 15th...but I gave them enough prior warning that there's nothing they can do about it :D

Stone

[edit: I can't spell, hehe]

Hiya TXG/MNX,

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but any chance you can add all your items to the MSN Equipment list? It looks quite impressive already. Looks like we should be able to have a BS/G  Network of 9 & 6 Aircars so far! :D  

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone now & seeing all the unusual items people have (like SoulStar  ;) )

l8r

Gaztee

I will update the info this weekend... sorry was very busy at work... as always :sad:

Actually it's what you might call a 'difficult' weekend given that my sister's birthday is the 14th and my parent's anniversary the 15th...but I gave them enough prior warning that there's nothing they can do about it :D

Stone

Yep :D that's the real ATARIAN speaking .... I must say STONE you're a real 8) person I think....

Stone

Aaaargh! Please don't do this to me! I consider you my correct-pure-english-writing-inspiration!

OK, I'm calm, now. Let's see if I did my homeworks :D

actually THAT's what you ...

...birthday is ON the 14th...

...weekend,...

and last: wouldn't it be bettere using 'consecutio temporum' to write: ...that there was nothing they could do ...

OK, now BASH ME, I'm ready :D :D :D

Cheers!

Aaaargh! Please don't do this to me! I consider you my correct-pure-english-writing-inspiration!

Wow, cool :D In that case, I'm so extremely snarged that you droolop this weegle, hurble you very much ;)

OK, I'm calm, now. Let's see if I did my homeworks :D  

actually THAT's what you ...

...birthday is ON the 14th...

...weekend,...

I said I couldn't spell; there was nothing about grammar there :P

and last: wouldn't it be bettere using 'consecutio temporum' to write: ...that there was nothing they could do ...p

Well, it is still the case that there is nothing they can do, so present tense is fine :P

OK, now BASH ME, I'm ready :D  :D  :D

*bashes*

(btw, 'cheers' only ends a post/letter if you've asked a question and are thanking in advance - that's because it means 'thanks' ;) )

Stone

I knew I was stepping into troubles :D

(btw, 'cheers' only ends a post/letter if you've asked a question and are thanking in advance - that's because it means 'thanks' ;) )

Stone

Oh, my! I always thought that it was a toast like 'cin-cin', 'salute', 'prosit' and such!

Bye! (May I use 'bye'? Or there is something between 'bye' and 'regards' that suits the friendly messages we send each other here at AA?)

Bye! (May I use 'bye'? Or there is something between 'bye' and 'regards' that suits the friendly messages we send each other here at AA?)

Bye's fine, but I normally don't bother ;) Americans use 'Later' or 'Laters' like this...

*shrugs* whatever works for you ;)

Stone

• 4 weeks later...

Ok for the JagFest I have

Telewest... possible, but will lend me a Jaguar cabinet anyway.. plus other stuff

ROM Logiceware ---possible (working hard on this one)

mathew Preston.. showing off Atari emulators

I have tried Jeff Minter, no answer.. anybody else tried?

PLus stock form the States Songbird

Lnx, centipede, alien vs. preditor, deamonsgate, road riot 4wd, the lynx diagnostic cart.

hey are you lot spreading the word... ;)

sounds like your guys doing a good job.

I'll be making a Jagfest issue of the atari zone zone fanzine this

year again. If I happen to get it done in time I'll e-mail you the pdf version

to you.(thats if you want it)

It's going to be a bit different from the past fest issues though.

Dan Iacovelli