IGNORED

Calling all UK based Jag fans!!!!

Gaztee

probably worth asking about a discount, for my wedding all the guests that stayed at the hotel got their rooms discounted.  So if it's a hall see if a local hotel will do a discount for all the visitors.. or if it's in a hotel maybee better rate for 'delegates' :)

Hmm so we need to have the final location very soon. Then you can ask people to 'register' somewhere so you can tell the local hotel how many people like to stay there and they can give some discount... Also you reservations can be arranged then...

Ok since we've got a new page here, lets have a re-cap:

Imperial College London are in the perfect location, but cant do acomadation onsite at the time, and their tv rental is quite painful.

The Church in Totenham Court Road (also london) is a no go since its in use on sunday.

Umm.. whats happening with other venues? I remember the first hotel suggested had something about not enough power points? surely we can run a few dozen multiway extention cables out (as was mentioned on another thread, uk plugs handle LOTS of power).

What other venues are people looking at, what looks best, lets make a decision here people, please?

Hi Guys,

Right here is what I have from the Palms hotel, just outside Hornchuch on the A127 (I believe!).

Basically their biggest function room is not avaliable on 14/15 June, but they do have a room that is 6.4m x 7m that is avaliable. My first thought is it big enough????

The price for the room is £300 per day so £600 for the weekend. There is an option that includes the following Lunch, evening meal, B&B & (i think) lunch again Sunday for a cost of £140 per person. This sorta seems a bit much to me, so personally just hiring the room seems best. If anyone is staying then I am sure we can arrange some sort of discount, but at £36 pp per night that is quite good anyway, isn't it?

If there are 16 of us attending, just having the room as an option it works out at £37.50 each. I think it might be an idea if we can bring portable TV's along to keep costs down. Certainly if Nick can get hold of some monitiors that would be a great help to us all.

I could do with a speedy response from everyone interested in this so I can either forget it or book it. Rather than just respond here if you let me know at gaztee@atari.net then I can feed info back personally.

I can try some other hotels in that area if needs be, but my time this weekend is restricted as it is.

Anyhoo, I hope this is a step in the right direction. My own thoughts is that the room itself might be a bit too small. Then again this is only one option. So basically give me some feedback asap please.

Also, just thinking about it, we could really do with knowing how many copies of Aircars & BS/G we have between us. And how many Jaglink2/Catboxes too. This would help certainly with the number of tv/monitors needed. My 3 Jaglink2's arrived yesturday & I hope to be able to at least get a 3 player link tested this weekend. Again depends on how much free time I can get.

I will post this at the Jagfest UK site when I finish work tonight. Though I don't envisage getting home much before 1130. You just gotta love these 14hour days!!

l8r

Gaztee

:twisted:

that room does sound a bit small. My computer room is just bigger than 2.5 meters x 2 meters and with the desk in it, 3 people would be uncomfortable, (if I got rid of the shelves then 3 maybe even 4 would be OK).

But if you have a load of jags/TV's and other associated stuff I think we would be falling over each other, and worse. our beloved jags! (plus it's nice if there is space to stand and chat to people.)

Like previously said, a church hall would be ideal, since there'd be loads of space, they'd probably have plenty of chairs and tables stacked away in a cupboard somewhere and it should be relatively cheap.

I'd suggest looking around more of these...

I think a hotel may prove to be too expensive for many people, unless it wasn't necessary for people to stay at the hotel to get it at a decent price. I know I for one would rather stay at a B&B or similar and carry my stuff to the venue to keep the costs down.

Just my thoughts.

Stone

has anyone checked school sports halls in the area?

I can ask a local headmaster who I am friendly with, if we could use their sports hall. However I am in the NorthWest of the UK. but Warrington is slap bang in the middle of Liverpool and Manchester so any overseas flights wouldn't have to go far to get here. There are trains and 2 major motorways from both cities that run through Warrington.

Hi Guys,

I guess from the response that I have had that the Palms hotel is a no go. Again I will try the forest in Birmingham tomorrow. They definately have a large room that would be suitable. Price & availablity might be a problem. I want to make it clear that NOBODY is obliged to stop at any accomodation that is put forward. Wherever the fest ends up being I am sure that B&B's will be nearby.

I have to say I do like Linkovitch's idea about school sports hall. Might be worth exploring that more. As for the church hall thing, yes they might be cheap, but I think as Nick found there might be a problem with Sundays!

Will post my info from THE FOREST here tomorrow (all being well)

l8r

Gaztee

Hello Guys,

Well, I think that we finally have got our room! :D The place is the MEDWAY MANOR HOTEL, avaliable at £20 per person on 14th & 15th June.

Nick Harlow will give more details later on, but has asked me to pass this news on so we can get some reaction from people.

Expect more news on this later from Nick later.

Looks like jagfest UK is go go go

l8r

Gaztee

Yes thats the place and the map is accurate, we now need to start puttig a list together of who is coming and bring what...

I will be able to bring a couple of SCART monitors plus 3(?) Sony RGB monitors.... there are plenty of tables.. I will be tying up with GAZTEE for somekind of timetable including I hope at least 1 or 2 evening meals together plus maybe a night out... I dunno, open to suggestions... but we do have the weekend....

I was thinking of a small cover charge for day attendees? comments please

Dunno about letting people walk in off the street, have to be careful of security I spose. I guess if you are charging an entrance fee then there isn't much chance of kids wandering in just to mess about. Would the hotel want a cut if you do decide to do this?

I would guess that to get the cash for the room booking you will be selling tickets for the event to cover costs? any ideas on total cost so we can make guesses at the ticket price ? :)

oh, and a note to all you probable and possibles on the JagUK site.. update and let everyone know if your comming. I can probably give a lift to one individual and equipment from the North West route.. Gaztee you OK for getting there?

Great, now lets start planning events.

I'd be happy to organise a tempest tournament, using rotary pads obviously =) I think I could even be persuaded to offer up a rotary controler or two into the prizes for any tournaments or competetions. Do you think we should make a tempest tourney use normal single player 2000 mode, and the highest score wins, or playing on Tempest Duel in a knockout or other system?

Im a little worried about security too, Im not planing on bringing anything that expensive, but still, with people bringing rare stuff, we should work out how secure the room is if people are likely to leave stuff there overnight.

Oh, and I think we should have Brutal Sports tourney too, its too damned fun in 2 player mode (shame its not teamtap capable).