IGNORED

Calling all UK based Jag fans!!!!

Gaztee

Well this is good news!

London will be a pain with regard to costs :sad: , probably Birmingham will be better as accommodation on the outskirts at B&B hotels is around £13 - £15 a night which usually includes a massive full english breakfast, Theres still Birmingham international airport nearby for international arrivals, I can make some enquiries with friends about meeting halls - preferably above pubs :D

For those in the brum area Im thinking of N Birmingham the Erdington/Sutton/Aston area, I go up there to work on accasion and have always found the area cheap and friendly with lots of availability.

I can make available for record attempts/whatever 3 complete Jag CD units 8 UK Jag base units, 14 controllers, 1 pro controller, 1 USA Jag for speed comparisons, one memory track, two Team Taps, two Jaglinks, 2 Jag Scart Leads, 6 doom carts, 3 WMCJ, a library of 42 different cart games and 6 CD games, Ill bring whatever is needed basically. I dont have many rare games just some of the moderately uncommon - Towers II, Protector SE, Atari Karts, Space war 2000 playable demo & flashback. being about the limit of my budget.

I have signed up to the MSN Group and must admit I am quite excited about the whole prospect.

Chris C

PS If were gonna let any other system in my vote goes for Sega Dreamcast, another deceased system that had great potential and was screwed by poor marketing (that and software piracy!)

A logo... very silly but a nice logo is important...

Nobody else seemed to be doing anything, so consider it done ;-)

if you think you can do better feel free to have a go; post it to the group and let the people at the top decide :)

As for selling stuff, I may make up a couple more BJL cables if people are going to be willing to buy them :)

Stone

[pic removed, see page 5 for final version]

Hey Stoney,

That is nice work. have been trying to do a banner myself & hope to have another go after work tonight. I had something similar in mind. Will post if I get it done.

On another subject. I feel it would be better if it was an atari only show, but how about if I bring my nuon (collecting it tomorrow) for a bash at T3K?? Well that is Atari based. Any commnets?

Later

Gaztee

:twisted:

On gusbuckets comments about N. Birmingham I can certainly check that out not living too fare away. Will be cheaper than S.Birmingham (where I am) will have a phone around tomorrow if I get time! :P

That is nice work. have been trying to do a banner myself & hope to have another go after work tonight. I had something similar in mind. Will post if I get it done.

OK, best we have several to choose from :D (I'm still unsure about the 'S' on my one...hmm, will wait and see). Maybe we should get some shirts made up ;)

On another subject. I feel it would be better if it was an atari only show, but how about if I bring my nuon (collecting it tomorrow) for a bash at T3K?? Well that is Atari based. Any commnets?

Well, *I* wouldn't mind...I think it should stay late-Atari based at least (sorry in advance to all ye purists) but I don't think people are going to stay away in protest! Main thing is to make sure we have enough room for everything, so if you're going to bring stuff fill up with Jag first then add whatever else afterwards. And bringing completely unrelated stuff is probably going to be frowned upon. Maybe if we just give TV priority to Jags and let the rest fight it out among themselves? Hehehehe :)

It would be excellent if someone could arrange to borrow a video projector from somewhere...I would offer to, but I'll have left my school by the time it happens. 6ft-wide BSG would rule :)

Stone

The logo in my opinion is the right idea, but it looks like you smoothed out the "torn" areas too much. The Jag logo is a lot more "rough" and looks like it was ripped out using cat claws. This one looks a little bit like it's too smooth for that.

Good spot! I wasn't working from an original Jag logo, and I didn't notice that it'd been smoothed.

It's being reworked now :)

Stone

[edit: my turn for eagle-eyédness: is your profile message really supposed to say 'I survivied the BattleSphere?' ;) ]

The logo in my opinion is the right idea, but it looks like you smoothed out the "torn" areas too much. The Jag logo is a lot more "rough" and looks like it was ripped out using cat claws. This one looks a little bit like it's too smooth for that.

Good spot! I wasn't working from an original Jag logo, and I didn't notice that it'd been smoothed.

It's being reworked now :)

Stone

[edit: my turn for eagle-eyédness: is your profile message really supposed to say 'I survivied the BattleSphere?' ;) ]

Holy crap. That typo has been in there for 6 months and nobody has pointed it out.

Sheesh! I can't type!

Thanks!

Holy crap. That typo has been in there for 6 months and nobody has pointed it out.  

Sheesh! I can't type!

Thanks!

No problem. Guess that's what they mean when they tell you to read the small print :D

Stone

I made a new tagline now. ;-)

Drink your Battlesphere huh? Now how the heck am I supposed to do that???? :?

Enjoy your Battlesphere :)

Hi Guys,

For anyone here who has not signed up to the MSN Jagfest UK page (Linko!) I have found this on the net

http://www.newman.ac.uk/conf/index.html

Seems like good value to me. I will contact them later today & see what the deal is & see if they have a room(s) avaliable.

Give me some feedback on what you think. Personally after seeing some of the prices for rooms in London, this seems like a damn good deal :D

Later

Gaztee

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I have to agree about the 'fest' bit. I used MS paint coz that is all that have on the PC. If someone could tell me how to make the offending letters like the Jag ones then I will try again.

I should be getting photoshop next week, will that make it any easier to do? I couldn't find anyway to do anything else with the letters. Or should I just have written them in freehand???

Anyhoo, anymore feedback will help. Maybe I should have just nicked Stones design, put a black background & the eyes on!!

Gaztee

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I have to agree about the 'fest' bit. I used MS paint coz that is all that  have on the PC. If someone could tell me how to make the offending letters like the Jag ones then I will try again.

I should be getting photoshop next week, will that make it any easier to do?  I couldn't find anyway to do anything else with the letters. Or should I just have written them in freehand???

Anyhoo, anymore feedback will help. Maybe I should have just nicked Stones design, put a black background & the eyes on!!

Gaztee

You'll be able to do all kinds of effects with text and photoshop. It's got some nice built-in ones, but the best looking stuff comes when you start to play around with the settings.