IGNORED

Calling all UK based Jag fans!!!!

Gaztee

Ouch, you're using ms paint?

ms paint is useful for... well nothing hehe, it is without a doubt the most basic of tools. I think I'll have a play arround at making a logo later.

Get hold of Photoshop, or, I prefer PSP, but photoshop is more commonly used to learn that, including all its features.

Oh, and I've been looking at some uni's in London for holding the event in, I *THINK* it's not going to be that expensive at all :).

Hi Nick,

First of all what the hell is PSP?? Secondly where is your banner? Thirdly how much are the uni's charging?? Fourthly could u make me a rotary controller ???? (hehe!!)

Will be interested to see your design

Later

Gaztee

:twisted:

PS I heard from Newman, but think my email was not exactly clear, should have an update on that tomorrow (or today as it now is (again!))

PSP is Jasc Paint Shop Pro, a very powerful paint program, and much easier to use imvho than PhotoShop. I havnt had time to work out a banner yet, and the uni's are being a little slow in getting back to me.

Oh, and I'll make another rotary soon, for eBay tho, I've got rather a lot on my mind at the moment. For people who really hate eBay, I would consider trades of rare Jag items for rotaries, on an individual case by case basis.

Its not dificult to get to, and being there we'd get passing people wander in and perhaps become Jag fans and buy stuff, I dont fancy sleeping on the floor tho, but its easy for me to go home to my real bed hehe =)

How much will it cost, and how many power points are there? also where can tv's be rented from thats close?

Its not dificult to get to, and being there we'd get passing people wander in and perhaps become Jag fans and buy stuff, I dont fancy sleeping on the floor tho, but its easy for me to go home to my real bed hehe =)

your house eh? :) so how many spare rooms you got, and how a night do you charge? :)

Sleeping on the floor is no problem for me, I will just bring my sleeping bag and air-mattress so I can sleep wherever I want. Just as cheap as possible...

You expect to be able to sleep while surrounded by all that Jaguar gaming goodness? I pity da foo' ;)

Stone

OK, how's this? I tried to incorporate as many suggestions as was feasible.

I've got a copy as a layered PSP image, so I can make whatever changes still remain...maybe I went too far towards the 'ripped and torn' look, and the 'S' is still slightly suspect, imo. Still, more perspectives are good. Anyway, on to the piccies!

Stone

[pic removed, see page 5 for final version]

Hmm... looks great, but the claw marks on the K still arnt torn properly. Try to find a high res scan of the Jaguar logo, and just copy/paste the slash marks on the R, obviously cleaning them up a little, but otherwise it looks really great, nice one =)

How goes the search for a venue? any more info on that chruch hall yet?

Hmm... looks great, but the claw marks on the K still arnt torn properly.

Absolutely true, good spot. Actually, I spent so long on the S that I forgot ;)

Try to find a high res scan of the Jaguar logo, and just copy/paste the slash marks on the R

How did you *think* I was doing it? :P Actually I already scanned a Jag bumper sticker and resized it to fit, so it's a 20-second job. OK, maybe 10 minutes :) (that's where the eyes came from, btw)

otherwise it looks really great, nice one =)

Thanks :) If someone wants to get T-shirts made of it, feel free; consider it public-domain as of now. You might want to wait until I fix the K though :)

How goes the search for a venue? any more info on that chruch hall yet?

I think I'd better stay out of this one...I live in, well how can I say it: a backwater ;)

Stone

Cool cool =)

Oh, noticed something else, the eyes should be moved down one pixel, since there's a yellow dot above the top of the J that looks out of place.

Oh and I'll go and turn on the file upload page of the msn group so you can upload it there too if you'd like (putting up the layered version would be very cool tool, I *WANT* those eyes, really nice scan you've done =)

Hey Stoney,

Nice work! get your K sorted & looks (from comments!) that we are there! Well will have a banner anyway. When you have finished the banner I will send to my friend who will post on his web site & get other contacts to advertise it there too!

Carl sent me this email

I was wondering if you'd like to get JagFest UK listed on jagfest.atari.org.

All I need is a date, location, and URL for the event. You can also send a

blank email to JagFest-subscribe@yahoogroups.com, there is a small group of us

working on planning multiple JagFest events this year.

This sounds like an excellent idea, comments? As I may have said before am a complete illiterate as far as computers go, so what the Feck is a URL anyway???

Nick, anymore info on teh church hall would be appreciated. Where is TCR in London? Isn't there a CEX there ? I personally would not fancy staying there over night & would want to find accomodation. I may have said before, but don't know London at all as I never venture that way, unless I have to go to Heathrow or Hornchurch!

catch ya all later

Gaztee

:twisted:

Nick, anymore info on teh church hall would be appreciated. Where is TCR in London? Isn't there a CEX there ? I personally would not fancy staying there over night & would want to find accomodation.

Yes, both CEX PC and CEX Gaming / Retro are very close by. Its the heart of the west end (well almost), so there are thousands of people arround and all the shopping you could want hehe (electronics / pc shopping especially). There are also small hotels in the back streets I think, but I dont know how nice or expensive they would be.

Oh, and I wouldnt start advertising until we get the venue actually booked, after that we can start putting the word out to everyone, but until we know which city its going to be in even, it seems a little strange to try to promote it yet.

I think London, or at least near the centre of it could be bad. It's a big city and easyto get lost, plus it will be a lot more expensive for accomodation. Somewhere on the outskirts of the city would be a lot nicer (or not in the City at all). the closer to the centre and Heathrow you go the more silly the prices get for hotels.

I have stayed in a hotel near heathrow and the rooms were £180+ per night and they were crap! Also the hotel was near nothing. (luckily I was there due to work so got discounted rates and also my bill paid for by work).

But London sounds VERY expensive, and could make things like parking expensive and awkward too, in the city.

OK, how's this? I tried to incorporate as many suggestions as was feasible.

I've got a copy as a layered PSP image, so I can make whatever changes still remain...maybe I went too far towards the 'ripped and torn' look, and the 'S' is still slightly suspect, imo. Still, more perspectives are good. Anyway, on to the piccies!

Stone

Hi Stone this logo with the eyes looks perfect... :)

OK, last revision. All others have been removed from their respective posts, so this is it for now :)

I'll post the layered .psp file on the group when I get around to it, I would have added it here but it's not an allowed format, so mail me if you can't wait.

Enjoy!

Stone

post-987-1044303841_thumb.png