IGNORED

Calling all UK based Jag fans!!!!

Gaztee

Hiya Guys,

Well firstly has anyone else apart from myself, Tyrant & Linkovitch ordered a jaglink2?? I believe between the 3 of us we have a total of 6. This is great news as it means that we should at least be able to get 8 player Aircars & BS/G up & running. This is of course depending on whether we have that number of carts to link! So, come on if we want that record of 16 consoles linked with BSG order yourselves a Jaglink2 & if your feeling really flash a copy of BSG too!!!! :D

Secondly, has anyone got any further with a location?? I hope to find more about a hotel called 'THE FOREST' (i think!) in Birmingham in the next week! Will let everyone know how I get on. The best bit is thai it is quite close to the Airport for anyone coming form Europe :)

Has anyone else managed to get the banner on any web pages?? Hopefully by tomorrow it will be appearing here http://www.diehardgamer.co.uk/ under the Jaguar section

Will catch y'all l8r

Gaztee

:twisted:

only network game I have at the moe is Doom :(  I am obviulsy keeping a close eye on ebay.. but I think I have pretty much exhaused my ebay funds for this month :).

It's the same for me. I mean, I'm following two or three auctions that, if all go in right way, I will be out of Jaguar February funds :D

Hi Guys,

Well I should know about 'The Forest' hotel in Birmingham by wednesday. All I know at the moment is that the hotel is 4 miles from both the Airport & the NEC. Dorridge train station is across the road. So access for everyone should be quite easy. Personally, I think it would be easier to get to than somewhere in the centre of London, with all that traffic

ANyhoo, when I get the prices I will let evryone know & see what you all think ;)

L8r

Gaztee

I think we really need to some definate dates sorted as my calendar is becoming full.... and a location.

RE: the London location I was hoping for, everything looked fine until I said Sunday, the American Church don't rent halls/rooms on a sunday. Something to do with an active church....(personally I thought they would be in Church, not the Church Hall or rooms :twisted: )

I am still looking.... :? I am willing to help somewhat with costs if we funds upfront, but we do need somewhere.

RE Dates: Presuming we still want June I CANNOT manage the 21/22 or 27/28...family business.Other dates in June and July OK.

I would suggest a quorum (max 4) under GAZTE leadership start actively arrangeing and delegating. Otherwise we won't have a Jagfest UK.

Please let me know your thoughts....

I agree, we need some form of group that organises this. If everyone joins in then we will never get a date or a location, if just a small group considers everyones ideas and then makes an informed decsion we will get our jag fest :).

As Gatzee sugessted it, he should be king :)

I can't make the 11th of June but I think it's a weekday anyway:)

Well Guys,

Thanks for making me King :roll: always knew I was meant for great things :D

If I am to be in charge then I am asking for subordiantes to help me. I think Tyrant should be one of these as he set up the web site ;)

Is the 21/22 of June still ok with everyone. Personally, if it isn't this weekend, then I might struggle for time until at least October. For now I will see what happens with the Forest hotel in the next day or two.

Thank you for your time my loyal servants :D

l8r

Gaztee

Hello,

I attended the first €JagFest, Matthias Domin and I drove up there

together, and people travelled from around Germany and Holland,

there were no British people there except me. About 18 in total...

I could not attend the second €JagFest in 2001, but I remember

that the first day was similarly attended, very few people stayed

for the second day, which Lars and I had hoped to be a dev day.

There was no €JagFest 2002, Lars and DVD were too busy with

life in general, and no suitable small venue could be found. The

plan is to have an €JagFest 2K3 though earlier in the year though.

I would love to travel to the UK for a UK Jagfest, but unless it's

somewhere practical for travel from Holland, (read cheap, like

accessable from Stanstead - very helpful with the budget air-

lines for travellers from around Europe) then I can't attend. If

I'm in the UK then I'm in the north-east. Birmingham a no-go

for me, sorry. London / Stanstead area would be preferable!

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi Guys,

Right first of all, I haven't been able to get any luck with my info from the Forest Hotel in Birmingham. Then after reading Justclaws post have deceided to look elsewhere, namely here

http://www.avaweb.co.uk/essex/palmshotelho...hornchurch.html

I have emailed them for info about a conference/ function room will let everyone know when they get back to me.

I think the location is quite good. Is not too far from any of Heathrow, Gatwick or Stanstead. The rooms are quite well priced too I think. Just depends whether they have a suitable room I suppose. It takes me about 2 hours from Birmingham, just for a guide on times.

I also asked about the date(14/15 June). If it is not avaliable then I asked for a list of available dates. The one thing I didn't think about with function/conference rooms is that they might get full with wedding bookings, D'oh!

Would this suit everyone better???? Give me some feedback, please ;)

Anyhoo, will pass on anymore info when I get it

l8r

Gaztee

:twisted:

Hi,

Does it have to take place at an hotel is there not just a kind off hall/room that can be hired for two days. When there is light and power connections I will be happy...

I just bring my sleeping bag and air-matras. We do this all the time at other Atari party's in Germany, Czech Republik and Poland and it works out ok. Or maybe there would be some place to put up a tent or something...

(just a tought...)

Hello,

To me this hotel and location looks pretty good. I don't know

Hornchurch, but the description sounds good, especially the

free bus and proximity to stations etc., and the free parking.

The room rate also looks good, weekend rates being good.

I would definitely find this a positive proposal, I hope the

conference room rate is not prohibitive, it looks promising.

Regards,

JustClaws.

HI for me the 14/15 is good and so is the location....

TXG/MNX becuase of a few local by laws etc I would be very suprised if we could get a hall and have the ability to stay in it overnight... our local councils/churches are'nt that helpful.. It is literaly trying to find somewhere that will allows to stay overnight in 1 area.... Unlike Germany/Poland/France etc we can't make adult decisions in the UK without someone looking over you shoulder, in the area of functions anyway.

TXG/MNX  becuase of a few local by laws etc I would be very suprised if we could get a hall and have the ability to stay in it overnight...  our local councils/churches are'nt that helpful..  It is literaly trying to find somewhere that will allows to stay overnight in 1 area....  Unlike Germany/Poland/France etc we can't make adult decisions in the UK without someone looking over you shoulder,  in the area of functions anyway.

This is stupid! Why not just find a place to rent for a festival that runs for 48 hours? Just don't tell them people are going to take naps in the wee hours! ;-)

I think when you set the alarms off when you move in the night after the staff have gone home and locked you in, you may upset some people. Plus there is not likley to be adequet facilities for people to sleep over or insurance for the place to allow people to sleep over. Hence looking at a hotel with confrence suite works out well, as they also have onsite accoodation.

If you goto a hall most likley they won't be legaly permitted to let people sleep in the hall overnight.

TXG/MNX  becuase of a few local by laws etc I would be very suprised if we could get a hall and have the ability to stay in it overnight...  our local councils/churches are'nt that helpful..  It is literaly trying to find somewhere that will allows to stay overnight in 1 area....  Unlike Germany/Poland/France etc we can't make adult decisions in the UK without someone looking over you shoulder,  in the area of functions anyway.

Hmm ok overhere in the Netherlands it's the same but sometimes people find a place that can be rent at a farmer or some places that is private property. Also some sporting hall or such could do. In germany for unconventional an old military place was rented for 3 days. There is some place to put up your tent or just sleep indoors...

But when you will get lot's of problems then a Hotel would be the best place then. Can we arrange some kind of discount when we are sleeping also at the same place? I know this was done at a Hotel in the US sometime ago...