IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

5 hours ago, Jacques said:

Maybe someone could please try this one?

[Nirvana - Nevermind]

If not, nevermind... ;-)

As I wrote in the Brothers In Arms message, this one looks deceptively easy, but it's not. I have tried it. Twice. Once a few years ago and recently with my "new method" and I can't get it properly resolved.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Stephen said:

That looks VERY similar to Concrete Blonde's Bloodletting album.  I just bought their entire collection reprinted on vinyl.  Bit pissed off about the poor quality pressings, but that's not for this thread.

Yeah, they have something in common. Like a red rose ;)

Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting

24 colors

ivop_bloodletting.png.33993741a91c8e6124a94ddc66461838.png

BTW, thank you VERY MUCH for this suggestion. I have been listening to this album twice since I started doing conversions today and currently it's running for the third time! Love it!

ivop_bloodletting.xex

Edited by ivop
  • Like 2

I think Cohen and Robinson are the real deal, not a fan of all folks doing covers and getting accolades.... it would seem they are are tortured souls none the less...  you don't get a rougher more crass take on life than this...

okay, gotta move on.... can Peter Gabriel break things loose...

Edited by _The Doctor__

Got bored with album covers. New theme is iconic movie posters. Or cut-outs. Most movie posters are in portrait (not landscape). Not much remains visible at our resolution :)

Start simple.

The Godfather

15 colors

ivop_godfather.png.48a27d3dd70e5e9586414ac681907cc9.png

E.T.

7 colors

ivop_et.png.a41de91f8ae7a2cf5176f58337c3593e.png

This one is special though. I kept getting line errors. The conversion looked good, but the raster kernel was not when you ran it. Even with less than 10M iterations they already popped up and never went away. So I decided to go without players. Added /onoff=onoff.txt. Still needed some in between manual editing, but I ended up with only two line artifacts. Pretty annoying, but I'm not going to tell you where they are ;)

So, E.T. does not use players. They are free to use for something else :)

Edit: by which I mean, imagine a PMG based game with five additional colors on top of a 6-8 colors Rastaconversion.

ivop_godfather.xex ivop_et.xex onoff.txt

Edited by ivop
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, ivop said:

@Stephen That Journey album came out pretty nice! I like the Atari Style DLI look in the middle, it is almost perfect!

Thanks.  I didn't think it would work, but gave it a try.  I accidentally ran it with solutions set to 1, and it resolved almost immediately, but with some errors.  I realized I usually run Rasta with a stupidly high number of solutions (10,000 or so) but never really had a reason to do so.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but this thread is massive.  What settings do you normally use?  I haven't messed too much with the advanced features such as detail masks, and OnOff files.

Nearly all conversions I did were with /s <=1000. Some even with just 50  or 100.  And the best conversions needed less than 30M iterations. It's all about settings and source material. If there's any interest, I could write in detail how I do my conversions. And no dither!!! :D

Edited by ivop
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

I think Cohen and Robinson are the real deal,

Still wondering which Robinson you mean? Surely not Anna Robinson from New Zealand ;) 

Edit: perhaps you meant Roy Orbison? Or Robbie Robertson? Both are the real deal IMHO :)

19 hours ago, lbaeza said:

Terminator.

Commando.

Predator.

Robocop.

Alien.

Lost Boys.

I'll see what I can do later tonight. I did find a landscape poster for The Lost Boys! Not many hues though, so I'm afraid of line errors :(

Edited by ivop

The Lost Boys

51 colors

ivop_lostboys.png.bce6b20591602b5e8afbfba15e1d1f64.png

Not 100% satisfied, but it's the best I can do for now. I wanted the theme park visible both left and right and the white hair of Keifer. Some line artifacts, but some look like line dither ;)

BTW this was not a 30-45 minute conversion. It took me since my last post :D

BTW2: Rule zero of Rastconverions is: Never be afraid to start over completely!

ivop_lostboys.xex

Edited by ivop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1