IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Yup, it should optimize faster. With how LAHC is done now (with multi threading) I couldn't make the DLAS work properly yet. I will probably need to implement it first to solve some easier optimization problem, to have a reference implementation.

Edited by ilmenit
  • Like 5

On 5/22/2022 at 12:43 PM, Beeblebrox said:

Been working on Bladerunner image conversions on and off for a good few months, in between other RC image conversions.

Given the sad news of the death of Vangelis I thought it a good time to bring some of my conversions together and post em here. :)

PAL images from and inspired by the iconic 80's sci-fi film Bladerunner with a video of the slideshow set against a backdrop of the classic musical score.

Also attached is the slideshow compiled via Sheddy's Rastaslide (ver 3.3) as well as a zip of all the separate XEXs, (latter containing an extra surprise "bonus" image with a twist which couldn't be included in the slideshow).

Thanks @Sheddy for the bug fix mentioned in your post above that now allows me to compile a slideshow without displaying image filenames in between slides.:)

The image slideshow itself doesn't last long but I've let the music run on for much longer as it is so good.:lust::music:

NOTE: Said surprise image features in the video at 5.50min onwards and is available in the XEX image zip as it couldn't feature in the slideshow. (All will become apparent if you either download the XEXs or watch the video at 5.50min - where also skip to 7.14mins in. :D )

(BTW Surprise is courtesy of the Atari 8-bit demoscene legend known as FOX (of Numen and Drunken chessboard fame) - thanks Fox:).)

Enjoy and RIP Vangelis.

Bladerunner slideshow with NO filenames 13 slide ver.xex 114.96 kB · 53 downloads

Beeblebrox Bladerunner images.zip 149.69 kB · 46 downloads

(TIP: When running the slideshow and the separate XEXs in Altirra  - enable PAL High artifacting for the best result). 

Caveat - Said surprise image will not display properly on stock 400/800 A8s.;)

Wow this is realy nice !!  Very cool!!

• Thanks 1

Roger 002
palette: altirra.act
3 levels of dithering (all Jarvis's) used:
low - the black leather jacket
medium - face
high - background
Also you can see one of many bugs of new Rasta Converter the "current output" image vanished. it does sometimes but reappears when I press "s" on keyboard. Sometimes the text also disappears.

Screenshot.png

GravityWorm_Roger002.png

GravityWorm_Roger002.xex

Edited by GravityWorm
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Atari8man2004 said:

I dont think I still have it, if I find it I'll post it.  I did this one a while ago

I gonna explain... Remember your Alien? I tried to test something. But it went better with Roger. His black leather jacket consists of shades of blue and shades of black...
Sometimes I like to test new ideas to... Kind improve my "methods" of doing images.

• Like 1