IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

1 hour ago, Atari8man2004 said:

Nice. Just a suggestion, but I'd crank up the contrast on the rc GUI settings to bring the greys closer to blacks. The source image has blacks set against the other colours. Still a great conversion/subject. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Nice. Just a suggestion, but I'd crank up the contrast on the rc GUI settings to bring the greys closer to blacks. The source image has blacks set against the other colours. Still a great conversion/subject. 

I converted this one 4 times to get the face right the first conversion look good on the pc but on the 8bit it had yellow lines going threw the face Yuk!!  so I change the color pallette a few times and dithering and got the face halfway decent.  thx for the info on contrast levels I must check that out.

14 hours ago, GravityWorm said:

Also you can see one of many bugs of new Rasta Converter the "current output" image vanished. it does sometimes but reappears when I press "s" on keyboard. Sometimes the text also disappears.

I don't think this is anything new.  The old version would blank and only refresh the picture if the next iteration was better than the last.  On my machine, that usually takes close to a billion iterations to happen.  But as soon as a better image is produced, everything updates.  I have never noticed text going missing.  It's hard to catch it on this new machine I have though, given it averages a billion iterations in 2 hours which doesn't sound much until you realize it's a steady 138,888 per second.  So it really takes a long time to stop improving.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

I double that. Yes you are right. But @Atari8man2004 uses Altirra.pal, not REAL.pal pallette so he is still he is OK.
Atari8man2004 you use all the time Altirra.pal?

Today I noticed that @Beeblebrox is not a beetle :D Me so retarded :D What is a Beeble?

Edited by GravityWorm
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GravityWorm said:

I double that. Yes you are right. But @Atari8man2004 uses Altirra.pal, not REAL.pal pallette so he is still he is OK.

Today I noticed that @Beeblebrox is not a beetle :D Me so retarded :D What is a Beeble?

Yes most of the time yes I use Altirra.pal  but sometimes I use Real.pal   I have an Image I will post later that I use Real.pal and it's looking good.

4 hours ago, Sheddy said:

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!

Very British absurd comedy. But is very funny to many. 😀

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Oh. I know. I watched the movie. I like that writer's other work more

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atari8man2004 said:

Yes most of the time yes I use Altirra.pal  but sometimes I use Real.pal   I have an Image I will post later that I use Real.pal and it's looking good.

Real does not have 100% black black?
that is the main difference?

12 hours ago, GravityWorm said:

Zaphod Beeblebrox is a two headed alien and galactic president in Douglas Adam's masterpiece Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy. It's one of the most fantastic series of books. Pure genius. My avatar image is Marvin the depressed robot from the 1980 British TV adaptation of the books. "Brain the size of a planet but does anyone listen to me... No... of course they don't..." :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atari8man2004 said:

Good. I have problems with similar images. Images with many areas in different colors.
If I would try to get better result It would take me a lot of time. A lot...
So I'm thinking about adding a new method to my methods to check something. It is basically a limited palette every line.
But It would take an insane amount of time so I will try 3-5 palettes, one  for every region.
For example
 - an image divided to 3 stripes: upper one the middle one and the lowest one. They will have similar palettes. The upper one will be similar to the middle. The middle one will be similar to the lowest one.

@drpeter, if you did understand, what do you think?

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:06 PM, Atari8man2004 said:

This is what I always tried.
An image that is:
- looking good (probably spectacular on a CRT)
- uses the potential of Atari's many colors
Kudos @Atari8man2004!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Both snakes are in my top 5 of your images! Awesome snakes!
Very good image and also using the potential of Atari 800/400 Kudos!
Fans of C64 should be jealous of our work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm making an image on a image posted by Andrew Bohgkahch somewhere...
I'm working on a similar image!
I have a low ND it is about 11.39, and it is going down
image.thumb.png.3f43164e65d211acc596134498fbef8c.png

Edited by GravityWorm

9 hours ago, Atari8man2004 said:

I would divide that image to two mages. The sky i would dither with heavy Jarvis rest I would copy from yours...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFish said:

Here's the NTSC conversion. Aspect ratio is drastic enough that it should probably have it's own version; but I'm in no hurry to do that.

eclipsecolorntsc.thumb.png.71891b6f8b8e69e0d6cf89f0595defc4.png

mrfish - eclipse (color v2) ntsc.xex 19.13 kB · 1 download

Nightwish recorded a song about solar eclipses, Slovenian guy did sing something something but he did not know well PIE languages so: this is for you Polish
@amarok, @ilmenit and none for my homeland...

image.thumb.png.a3346d0d6e3deea828521205d0ffa209.png

• Haha 3

On 4/12/2024 at 8:06 PM, Atari8man2004 said:

Digital CRT simulation

Atari8man_Medusa_4.png

Edited by GravityWorm
  • Like 3