IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

29 minutes ago, GravityWorm said:

I remember. You use this technique a lot.
Oh. I did not get it. Now I understand you did that on purpose. I thought you just used very low quality source images, overexposed and noisy.
But my observations are not valid I still need to see Rasta Converter pictures on a real CRT...  I'm planing to visit a local 8 bit computers

museum... There are at least two in my area...

Ah yes, it's very intentional. Allows you to bring more tones and potentially colours into a portrait, and works really well for skin tones in my experience. If you view that particular image on a good CRT it looks great. 

I can't take credit for the practice of creating a destination image in RC, then stopping and restarting the conversion, using it as the source image. But I think I have added to the process by ramping up the dithering twice, hence the double dithering. 

Like all RC images it's all about experimenting. There is no right or wrong. Just experimentation to see what works with individual images. Double dithering won't work with all images.

I am really glad that ilmenit is getting back into his amazing creation, and that the likes of Sheddy and Drpeter, etc are contributing. RC is such a game changer and so many people are hooked. I've been hooked for a good 3years, and the images Atari8man2004 is constantly generating are amazing, as well as others of course.

The fact we have RC images in international karate RCX, and hopefully we'll see them in other games, is fantastic. :)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 3

After not turning it on for almost 6 months, I finally have my Atari setup in its new location as of yesterday.  Finally get to check out a TON of these latest images on the big CRT.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Stephen said:

After not turning it on for almost 6 months, I finally have my Atari setup in its new location as of yesterday.  Finally get to check out a TON of these latest images on the big CRT.  Looking forward to it.

Cooool!! Post crt images of them to share the RC love. I really need to sort my svideo cable out, so my crt's can be up and running. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Rasta converted images look amazing on a CRT  I have a Dell LCD monitor here and RC images look horible yuk!  Emulation seems to be the middle ground. I'm wondering how well RC images look on the Atari 400 mini with a good HDMI display?   Somebody please inform me :)   I bet a good old CRT TV or a CRT Monitor would be fine.

Edited by Atari8man2004
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Cooool!! Post crt images of them to share the RC love. I really need to sort my svideo cable out, so my crt's can be up and running. 

I have a PAL machine, and my Pixel 6 Pro will not take images of it.  If I try again, and get the same results, I will throw the fu**ing phone through the wall.  For now, you will just have to take my word, that the images look as good as a perfectly seared filet mignon tastes.

Here's a picture of the setup at least.  Workbench to the left of the cabinet - it has the laptop providing APE, but I am also connected to a FujiNet.

103.thumb.jpg.1dacf111b747bf79fc3e7a675a4083d4.jpg109.thumb.jpg.ca5a226eca7f79fc814a0b90bf4ebf68.jpg110.thumb.jpg.8f6e64ebb15e8e9900de11ad12247701.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I have a PAL machine, and my Pixel 6 Pro will not take images of it.  If I try again, and get the same results, I will throw the fu**ing phone through the wall.  For now, you will just have to take my word, that the images look as good as a perfectly seared filet mignon tastes.

Here's a picture of the setup at least.  Workbench to the left of the cabinet - it has the laptop providing APE, but I am also connected to a FujiNet.

103.thumb.jpg.1dacf111b747bf79fc3e7a675a4083d4.jpg109.thumb.jpg.ca5a226eca7f79fc814a0b90bf4ebf68.jpg110.thumb.jpg.8f6e64ebb15e8e9900de11ad12247701.jpg

You have a awesome workshop!!  Lot's of room

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

One day, my room will be clutter free like that again :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2