I use command:
./mads no_name.asq -o:output.xex

It produces a PAL xex file?

2 minutes ago, GravityWorm said:

How do you make NTSC xex files?

I use command:
./mads no_name.asq -o:output.xex

It produces a PAL xex file?

The only thing that makes a RasterConverter file PAL or NTSC is which palette was used in conversion. They'll run on either machine, the colors just won't look right if the palette doesn't match the machine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, MrFish said:

The only thing that makes a RasterConverter file PAL or NTSC is which palette was used in conversion. They'll run on either machine, the colors just won't look right if the palette doesn't match the machine.

altirra.pal is PAL or NTSC?

40 minutes ago, GravityWorm said:

None of the default palettes use the "*.PAL", extension. The default palettes use "*.ACT" (which is actually just the same format with a different name). I think it's Altirra that exports with the "*.PAL" extension. Anyway, I have no way of knowing if the palette you're asking me about is NTSC or PAL; the "*.PAL" extension there simply stands for "palette".

As far as I know, all default palettes that are included with RastaConverter are PAL (video standard) palettes (although I haven't examined recent version so closely). So, to use NTSC palettes, you'll need to obtain and incorporate them yourself.

1 minute ago, MrFish said:

None of the default palettes use the "*.PAL", extension. The default palettes use "*.ACT" (which is actually just the same format with a different name). I think it's Altirra that exports with the "*.PAL" extension. Anyway, I have no way of knowing if the palette you're asking me about is NTSC or PAL; the "*.PAL" extension there simply stands for "PALette".

As far as I know, all default palettes that are included with RastaConverter are PAL (video standard) palettes (although I haven't examined recent version so closely). So, to use NTSC palettes, you'll need to obtain and incorporate them yourself.

This was included

ntsc.act

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrFish said:

None of the default palettes use the "*.PAL", extension. The default palettes use "*.ACT" (which is actually just the same format with a different name). I think it's Altirra that exports with the "*.PAL" extension. Anyway, I have no way of knowing if the palette you're asking me about is NTSC or PAL; the "*.PAL" extension there simply stands for "PALette".

yes my bad ACT files

6 hours ago, GravityWorm said:

If you really want to confuse yourself (and others), export your favorite NTSC palette from Altirra and give it the name "ntsc". The filename will end up as "ntsc.pal". :D

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, MrFish said:

OK, yeah, I see it in my latest release copy too (just had a look). I'm guessing it's the only NTSC palette in the group. The rest look like common PAL (video standard) palettes.

I made sure there was at least something NTSC in the palettes folder I copied over to ilmenit when he was recreating his build environment. There is also a more recent altirra.act as the 2012 one often had peculiar colour tinges for some reason when I've tried it in the past with RastaConverter.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sheddy said:

This works great as Pointillism art.

(Please don't spoil by showing source!)

Yeah, it looks interesting.
i liked the effect that's why i did not try to improve it, but just posted as is...
OK. not gonna show the source ;)
Also... IMO it would look good on a CRT :D, i hope so!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GravityWorm said:

Yeah, it looks interesting.
i liked the effect that's why i did not try to improve it, but just posted as is...
OK. not gonna show the source ;)
Also... IMO it would look good on a CRT :D, i hope so!

I was finally able to get some good snaps of my 20" PVM.  Here's some of the better ones.

PXL_20240424_235949670.LONG_EXPOSURE-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240425_000250411.jpg

PXL_20240425_000424642.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240425_000527287.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240425_000551289.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240425_000740223.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240425_000802890.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stephen said:

I was finally able to get some good snaps of my 20" PVM.  Here's some of the better ones.

PXL_20240424_235949670.LONG_EXPOSURE-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240425_000250411.jpg

PXL_20240425_000424642.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240425_000527287.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240425_000551289.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240425_000740223.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240425_000802890.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

Wow that Sony 20'' PVM monitor has a great display and the images look fantastic.  I was looking at thoses monitors on ebay and they pricey  a 20'' can go from a $1,000 and up!   I was looking at the conectors in the back of the unit  and saw there not using RCA jacks did you make the cables to conect to the Atari ? 

13 hours ago, Atari8man2004 said:

Wow that Sony 20'' PVM monitor has a great display and the images look fantastic.  I was looking at thoses monitors on ebay and they pricey  a 20'' can go from a $1,000 and up!   I was looking at the conectors in the back of the unit  and saw there not using RCA jacks did you make the cables to conect to the Atari ? 

Wow - I had no idea.  The wife got it for me quite some years back, I know she didn't pay nearly that much for it.  I just noticed that it was manufactured February 2001, it's newer than I was expecting.

My cable setup is pretty cool.  I use a DIN13 to DIN13 cable.  I should mention this is because my 1088XLD also has a VBXE installed.  This plugs into a breakout box made by The Brewing Academy.  I then take the RGB signals from that board, and use a triple male to male RCA cable.  The ends of which, go into an RCA to BNC adapter at the monitor end.  This allows me to use standard cables and not have to cut anything, or make custom cables.  The composite and s-video cables are from a switchbox I used, to have multiple videogame consoles hooked to the monitor as well, they are not from the Atari.

PVM_Cables.thumb.jpg.898650d004352b96be24ce1a42d94230.jpg

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Brentarian said:

Nice Panasonic SVHS deck too.  I'm assuming it is an AG-DS555P?

It's my latest purchase - a Panasonic AG-7350.

My "good" S-VHS deck is a Sony SVO-5800.  It has an internal TBC (Time Base Corrector).