IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

I still don't have a list for the 2nd run. Once I am ready to start one, I will contact everybody in my mailing list. If you received the newsletter a few days ago, that means you should receive the 2nd run notification when the time comes.

Great! I received the newsletter also and want to get in on the 2nd run of these. You should have no problem finding enough people for a 2nd order.

• Like 3

Yeah, that would have a few hobbyist applications beyond the CV fan base. Let's see if we can fit that in the budget.

Oops, I just realized that I posted my comment in the SGM thread. I thought this was the CV2 thread. Sorry... :P

But anyway, it's nice that you're willing to considering it. But a keyboard is only worth it if the SD card slot is also included in the design, of course. :)

While I'm not in favor of turning the CV2 into an ADAM, I do find the idea of a PS/2 keyboard interesting. If the CV2 is supposed to get an SD card slot, one could pop some kind of BASIC cartridge in the cartridge port, use the keyboard to program something, and save the program on an SD card. Or the BASIC program could be stored on the SD card itself, in a different folder. The point is, the minimum hardware would be there to have an eighties-style home computer (no real need for a printer, this would just be a toy computer, and you could just transfer files on the SD card to a regular PC if you really want to print something). :)

Hmmm.... if this was the case, then the possibility of adding some form of ADAM compatibility might be something very worthwhile to look into. While the original SmartBASIC v1.0 that was included with the ADAM was notoriously buggy and lacking some key features, there were two heavily patched, modified and enhanced versions of this BASIC interpreter that could be very worthy of consideration. The first is called SuperBASIC Plus and the second is SmartBASIC v1.x by Dr. D (Rich Drushel), and PixelBoy, they are on the ADAMcon DVD that I provided a couple years ago and that you have if you wanted to look at them.

Also a big consideration is all the great information that is available via the PDF'ed ADAM newsletters on BASIC programming and the simple fact that there are numerous graphic dev tools like PowerPAINT, SpritePOWER, FontPOWER and Clipper available for making all the necessary graphics screens, sprites and fonts/graphic tile sets that can easily be incorporated into one's own programs with the included BASIC loader programs/routines.

To put it simply, all the leg work on this front has been done already.... some 25 years ago!

For example, Steve Pitman started out using all the above tools and pogramming in SmartBASIC for all his ADAM game releases up until MicroCHIP and perhaps even ADAM BOMB II, although he may have developed some custom dev tools for that one from what I can recall.

Lot's of possibilities here as well as simply starting from scratch with a new BASIC interpreter and dev tools.

Hmmm.... if this was the case, then the possibility of adding some form of ADAM compatibility might be something very worthwhile to look into. While the original SmartBASIC v1.0 that was included with the ADAM was notoriously buggy and lacking some key features, there were two heavily patched, modified and enhanced versions of this BASIC interpreter that could be very worthy of consideration. The first is called SuperBASIC Plus and the second is SmartBASIC v1.x by Dr. D (Rich Drushel), and PixelBoy, they are on the ADAMcon DVD that I provided a couple years ago and that you have if you wanted to look at them.

Also a big consideration is all the great information that is available via the PDF'ed ADAM newsletters on BASIC programming and the simple fact that there are numerous graphic dev tools like PowerPAINT, SpritePOWER, FontPOWER and Clipper available for making all the necessary graphics screens, sprites and fonts/graphic tile sets that can easily be incorporated into one's own programs with the included BASIC loader programs/routines.

To put it simply, all the leg work on this front has been done already.... some 25 years ago!

For example, Steve Pitman started out using all the above tools and pogramming in SmartBASIC for all his ADAM game releases up until MicroCHIP and perhaps even ADAM BOMB II, although he may have developed some custom dev tools for that one from what I can recall.

Lot's of possibilities here as well as simply starting from scratch with a new BASIC interpreter and dev tools.

Can SmartBASIC be compiled? Because interpreted BASIC is kind of useless for game development.

In case SmartBASIC can not be compiled, guess what I am going to suggest? ;)

BTW, can we move to the CV2 thread?

Edited by opcode

What is the best way to tell if I am on the first run of super game modules?

Easy, did you send money back in September? :)

If so, then you are. Ok, just checked, you are. ;)

Edited by opcode

Thanks for the quick response. I paid for several homebrew titles that month but it was alot easier to check records than I thought. I did in fact pay for it. I look forward to this project and thanks to all who have been involved with making this happen!

Edited by swlovinist

Latest update:

- Boxes are arriving Thursday

- Foam are shipping tomorrow

- Nameplate: printer promised a final sample for today. It seems their printer was broken for a while, and that delayed things. Hopefully if we get the final sample today, we could have the nameplates by early next week

• Like 8

How about we ink jet print some paper strips with the logo and tape them to the cases? Because I am getting out of storage space. I have boxes everywhere here....

Seriously, waiting answer from Dale on the nameplates status. We were supposed to have got final samples days ago... :(

BTW, have a call with Mark from Coleco in about 30 minutes.

• Like 1

How about we ink jet print some paper strips with the logo and tape them to the cases? Because I am getting out of storage space. I have boxes everywhere here....

Seriously, waiting answer from Dale on the nameplates status. We were supposed to have got final samples days ago... :(

BTW, have a call with Mark from Coleco in about 30 minutes.

If you're running out of room I can always swing by and pick mine up, saves you the trouble of having to ship them... :)

Ok, got answer from Dale. Here is the deal with the nameplates: Dale is working with the printer to get the nameplates closer to what we had envisioned. The nameplate we got months ago looked ok for the casual, but for my perfectionist eyes it wasn't just 100% right. So he was working with the printer to improve that. He told me we can expect a final sample by Monday. Once we have the approved sample, production plates can be produced in just a couple of days.

In the meantime, something seems to be cooking up at the Coleco HQ....