IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

Yes, I will start the order process for next batch as soon as 1st run is out.

First thing I will need to do is to place an order for connectors. Those take about 2 months to get delivered, so that is June. Perfect timing actually, as I will be in Brazil in June, so I believe I would be able to start shipping 2nd run in July/August.

Guys, I have a really bad news. After 2 unsuccessful printing runs this week, the printer in charge of the nameplates emailed us this morning to notify us they no longer want to work with us. That is regrettable and unfortunately beyond our control.

That said, I have decided to proceed like this:

Considering that we are 4 months behind the promised release date, I have decided to offer to ship the SGM now for those who may want so, with the promise I will ship the nameplate in a later date. I will start to look for a new printer next Monday, and while it is impossible for me at this point to say exactly when the nameplates will be available, I can guarantee that everyone who decides to get the SGM now will receive a nameplate later. The major inconvenience of this option is that you will have to apply the nameplate to the case yourself.

The second option I am offering is to hold your SGM until I have the nameplates, and then ship you the finished product, for those who are really afraid of applying the nameplate themselves.

BTW, the nameplate is basically a sticker.

So I will start contacting you during the weekend, and for those who decide to get the SGM now, I will start shipping Monday. I will contact 20 or so people at time, by order date, so please be patience as the whole process should take a couple of weeks.

I once again greatly apologize we got into this situation, but both me and Dale worked really hard for the past few months to get this done and done right. Unfortunately the outcome wasn't the best. But we will get there.

[EDIT:] Slight change of plans: I will be shipping with nameplates from our previous printer, however they don't look perfect, so you can still expect for a replacement. I just figured out it would be better to get a not so good nameplate than no nameplate at all.

Eduardo

Edited by opcode
  • Like 8

Gosh, what is so darn hard about printing metal-like nameplates? I mean, not every printing company out there can do it, but for those that can, you'd expect them to have some kind of expertise on the subject... :|

It isn't that simple. Coleco used a metal-like sticker over a vinyl or some other plastic material layer (to make the nameplate ticker). That seems to be hard to reproduce by most small printers. The problem is that we are talking about a 500 plates run, it is hard to get a large printer to accept such small order.

However it seems Dale just found another printer, I will be checking samples from them next week.

BTW, I just changed my post above, please read the EDIT part.

Edited by opcode
  • Like 2

Okay, so will you be applying this imperfect nameplate yourself on every unit, or will you just include it in the box, and let people decide if they want to apply it themselves right away or wait for a better nameplate?

Okay, so will you be applying this imperfect nameplate yourself on every unit, or will you just include it in the box, and let people decide if they want to apply it themselves right away or wait for a better nameplate?

I will do that.

• Like 2

The faceplate sticker on the ColecoVision console looks to be a silver mylar bonded to card stock with a clear sticker that is printed on the under side and bonded to the mylar.

I applaud you shipping the SGMs now. I would rather have it with the nameplates you have on hand then continue the wait. I will glady kick you a few bucks for shipping on the replacement name plates when available and would ask that others offer the same.

• Like 3

It isn't that simple. Coleco used a metal-like sticker over a vinyl or some other plastic material layer (to make the nameplate ticker). That seems to be hard to reproduce by most small printers. The problem is that we are talking about a 500 plates run, it is hard to get a large printer to accept such small order.

However it seems Dale just found another printer, I will be checking samples from them next week.

PM Sent. ;)

I can wait for the finished product with proper nameplate adhered to it, but I think a lot of people will jump at the chance to get both nameplates if you know what I mean.

Well, the nameplate doesn't look perfect, but it doesn't look terrible either. In fact it is the same nameplate you see with all pictures I have posted so far, including the picture we used for the box.

Well, the nameplate doesn't look perfect, but it doesn't look terrible either. In fact it is the same nameplate you see with all pictures I have posted so far, including the picture we used for the box.

I can wait for a finished product as well, with the nameplate in place. I wouldn't want to see you have to add more "out of pocket" cost to this project with a second mailing. IMHO, the delays have only been created in an effort to make the final product look perfect, and I commend you for this effort.

One more thing...

Eduardo,

You have been an absolute professional businessman, with regular updates regarding the SGM on an almost daily basis. Not only have you included us in this amazing journey (from inception to completion of the SGM), but I also have been instilled with the utmost confidence that this will be the best homebrew product ever executed. So far, you have certainly set the bar very high.

• Like 9

One more thing...

Eduardo,

You have been an absolute professional businessman, with regular updates regarding the SGM on an almost daily basis. Not only have you included us in this amazing journey (from inception to completion of the SGM), but I also have been instilled with the utmost confidence that this will be the best homebrew product ever executed. So far, you have certainly set the bar very high.

I second that

• Like 1

You can ship me my two SGM's without the labels applied, loose in the box like you suggested, and send me the two new labels down the road.

I'm fine with that, I know you'll get everything done right, and this way I can start playing the few SGM games I've picked up.

If the labels Dale is looking into don't work out try reaching out to coleco_master; I picked up some ColecoVision replacement console labels from him a while back and they looked great.

You can ship me my two SGM's without the labels applied, loose in the box like you suggested, and send me the two new labels down the road.

I'm fine with that, I know you'll get everything done right, and this way I can start playing the few SGM games I've picked up.

If the labels Dale is looking into don't work out try reaching out to coleco_master; I picked up some ColecoVision replacement console labels from him a while back and they looked great.

Cant say it better, so ditto that.

Besides there is often little quirky stories regarding stuff, particularly original SGM back in the day. Add this to Colecovision Lore.