IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

As I recall, he asked people that were interested in purchasing one from the 2nd batch to registered on his site. I believe he was trying to gauge how many more units he may need produce in the next run. I registered, expressed my desire to obtain an SGM and shortly there after received a nice letter of acknowledgment. I don't know that I'm on any "official" list....but he knows I want to be in on the second batch.

You expect a warranty? lol

seriously?

A 90 day warranty would be nice however it would most likely raise the price of the Supergame module. At the very minimum, a 14 day warranty would be ideal. This warranty question was a perfectly OK question for someone to ask.

When I asked the same question regarding the Atarimax cartridges I was informed that the Atarimax cartridges come with a lifetime warranty.

You expect a warranty? lol

seriously?

umm yeah...I want to know how long these things are guaranteed to work. I want to know what my options are if the thing dies in 30 days, 6 months or a year.

Why don't you just frak off anyway - the question is best answered by Eduardo.

Edited by rmaerz
  • Like 1

Not detracting from the SGM at all with this statement... it isn't THAT complicated a piece of hardware. Failure should be rather uncommon. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask, and certainly is a reasonable question when buying anything.

Well, and I agree. For my games I offer lifetime warranty, but for the SGM, because it went way beyond budget, I will be offering a 90 days limited warranty instead. Hope you understand and hope it isn't a big problem. As I said, after waaranty expires, I will have to charge for parts and shipping. On the other hand, in case you need your SGM fixed, you will be receiving new parts, not some patchwork. So I don't plan to, for example, remove a bad RAM chip from the board and solder a new one by hand. Instead I will give you a new board with new chips. That is why I used a socket for the PSG, because that is NOS and I didn't want to throw away a PSG in case the problem was a bad RAM or PLD. And of course if the problem is the PSG, and simply replace that and use the same board.

• Like 4

I finally have some good news. Just got word from Dale saying that printing for the nameplates started today. He thinks the nameplates should be done by Monday, and he plans to ship the nameplates overnight so it is possible I can get them by Tuesday.

Now it is time to start poking the Coleco guys....

• Like 6

So I believe that answers an earlier question I had...there will be parts...and they will be fixable? Not just replaceable with the few extra units you were going to keep in reserve?

Well, and I agree. For my games I offer lifetime warranty, but for the SGM, because it went way beyond budget, I will be offering a 90 days limited warranty instead. Hope you understand and hope it isn't a big problem. As I said, after waaranty expires, I will have to charge for parts and shipping. On the other hand, in case you need your SGM fixed, you will be receiving new parts, not some patchwork. So I don't plan to, for example, remove a bad RAM chip from the board and solder a new one by hand. Instead I will give you a new board with new chips. That is why I used a socket for the PSG, because that is NOS and I didn't want to throw away a PSG in case the problem was a bad RAM or PLD. And of course if the problem is the PSG, and simply replace that and use the same board.

Just got message from Dale. The printer promised the nameplates for Wednesday morning. Dale is going to ship them to me overnight, so I believe I will be able to start shipping this week, at least 50 units or so.

• Like 9

Just got message from Dale. The printer promised the nameplates for Wednesday morning. Dale is going to ship them to me overnight, so I believe I will be able to start shipping this week, at least 50 units or so.

Sorted by ordering date? or sorted alphabetically? or simply by what you find first? :D just wondering if I'm in the first batch :)

Sorted by ordering date? or sorted alphabetically? or simply by what you find first? :D just wondering if I'm in the first batch :)

:evil: It would be me first and then the line starts, nanochess can you can be right behind me :lol: :thumbsup:

I'm just tried of looking at all these SGM games! I'm dieing to play them! :grin: :thumbsup:

• Like 1