IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

This question needs to be asked, and it needs to be asked now....will Bea Arthur and/or Bacon be in this game? Now I'm no expert in game design but it seems to me that there should be some sort of bonus level that includes one, or both, of these IntellivisionAge icons. Just sayin. (only sort of kidding) :)

• Like 1

This question needs to be asked, and it needs to be asked now....will Bea Arthur and/or Bacon be in this game? Now I'm no expert in game design but it seems to me that there should be some sort of bonus level that includes one, or both, of these IntellivisionAge icons. Just sayin. (only sort of kidding) :)

In case anyone thinks Cmart is joking about this. here is the Golden Girls Sex game straight from Groovybee himself! Finally an adult game for INTV!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/193700-revolutionika-and-bea-arthurs-funbags/page__view__findpost__p__2459632

I say forget this Rocketeer nonsense and finish FUNBAGS!!!!!!!

Who is with me?

• Like 1

One of the fun parts of working on games in a small team is seeing or hearing what your other team members want to contribute to the game. The game's real graphics are now coming in and then being discussed and tweaked to get a list of good candidates.

Actually, I was pretty satisfied with the graphics for the baddies and rockets in the teaser version.

I thought the main character and the extra lives icon were the characters that had the most "room for improvement"...

• Like 1

Boxes and now Bea Arthur :rolling:.

Actually, I was pretty satisfied with the graphics for the baddies and rockets in the teaser version.

I like the baddies in the 1st wave so they'll be staying.

I thought the main character and the extra lives icon were the characters that had the most "room for improvement"...

I never really like the look of my own "programmer art". It used to be far worse (if thats possible :lol:) than it is now. After reading some online articles by Ari Feldman (he has a book on designing game art which is sadly out of print) it improved my "style" considerably.

• Like 1

I like the baddies in the 1st wave so they'll be staying.

I never really like the look of my own "programmer art". It used to be far worse (if thats possible :lol:) than it is now. After reading some online articles by Ari Feldman (he has a book on designing game art which is sadly out of print) it improved my "style" considerably.

Not sad enough! It's available as a free PDF download from that site. :)

Thanks for the reference. I am eager to see if I can improve my own programmer's artwork, for so have no artist friends to rely on.

dZ.

• Like 1

Not sad enough! It's available as a free PDF download from that site. :)

I like the tree version ;).

Thanks for the reference. I am eager to see if I can improve my own programmer's artwork, for so have no artist friends to rely on.

There are plenty of people on AA who will give you a hand with your project but there is no central resource thread with a list of people who can do x, y or z.

Today's update :-

- There are now 5 rockets in the game. You get a new rocket every 4 waves of baddies so that means 20 levels. There is no ending so the game will just loop around.

- There are 5 waves of baddies with more graphics on the way. You get a new wave of baddies after you launch/land the rocket.

- You can pick up falling fuel pods while they fall.

I'm planning on adding bonus items tomorrow and then I can balance the game out.

No, I heard it will get easier!

Thank god cuz i suck at games.

I cant wait to get to level 25 so i can just watch the game play without me.

I think its a cool idea, hopefully it will catch on for us lazy gamers.

I hope no one ever listens to me 8p

Edited by nonner242
  • Like 2

Thanks for the reference. It seems like a good read, even for non-programmers like me. Video game art is sadly under-appreciated.

• Like 1

Will the game get harder everytime it loops around past the beginning?

The game will get more difficult as you progress. Tweaking the game like that is called "balancing out" where you adjust things to provide a challenge to the player. Hopefully, balancing out will be done by the end of the week.

Today's coding :-

- Added a 5 player high score chart display and started the beginnings of the attract sequence is in.

- Fixed a few bugs outstanding from yesterdays coding session.

The brilliant news is that the new potential title page for the game is in (thanks nonner242!). Its taking some time to "Intyfy" it and hopefully it'll still look good when its all done.

I'll post some new screenshots tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 1

I've not long finished the "Intyfication" of the title page v1. It took a while and some of the GROM cards came in handy as well. There are 5 GRAM cards (8x8 programmable tiles) and 3 MOBs (sprites) free so nonner242 can add a little bit more detail/colours or tweak as necessary. One of tomorrows tasks will be to code the final version into the game.

And it looks pretty much dead on from the WIP I gave groovybee.

See GB I dont hate it. :D

I can deal with some details or what nots missing...you still get 90% of what I had, and Im just happy to be able to use and see color finally.

And having someone like Groovybee with a pretty straight shot on how the game is going to be but still being open to things is more than a pleasure to work with.

"Insert Best boss ever award here"

He pushes the numbers.... I push his button when im not pushin paint brushes. :P

• Like 1