IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Nice....looks like a great old fashioned blaster.

Thanks for the compliment. Its getting there, still more spit and polish needed.

Could it tell you the 'Wave' number at the bottom perhaps for bragging rights? ;-)

I haven't decided on the final fascia/status bar layout yet. I'm toying with the idea of adding an extra 0 to the score and high score. The level will certainly be displayed on the high score initials entry screen.

Oh and how about bonus score items to collect..creating a risk/reward element ?

Thats been on the "to do" list since the first post. The framework is in place for it, it just needs a bit more code to implement it into the game.

Hope you dont mind me throwing ideas in even if the are rubbish :)

I don't mind at all. Fire away!

The rocket taking off is now about 80% working. It flies up the screen but seems a bit lacking to me. Hopefully adding some animation will spice it up a bit as well as adding something else ;). There is no *.gif movie of the new stuff because I want it to be a surprise for the teaser ROM.

Great to hear about all the progress you're making, can't wait to see the teaser ROM

I'm enjoying coding on the Inty at the moment. Its a blast! It'll be a big sigh of relief getting the teaser ROM out because people can play a taster of what they've pre-ordered then.

The rocket taking off is now about 80% working. It flies up the screen but seems a bit lacking to me. Hopefully adding some animation will spice it up a bit as well as adding something else ;). There is no *.gif movie of the new stuff because I want it to be a surprise for the teaser ROM.

Maybe you should make it shake a little at the first fase of take-off, like it is really trying hard in a cartoonish-kind of way. Off-course flames and maybe some puffs of smoke will add to the effect. If it is all technically possible :)

Great to hear you are making progress, really looking forward! :)

Experimenting with Inty sound. Grrrr... I can't get a laser shot noise I like. This may take a while.....

How about this one: "pew! pew!"

Or, "bzzzt! ptooie!"

Or maybe the classic, "bwoop! kzzt!"

You're welcome! :)

-dZ.

• Like 5

Many thanks to DZ-Jay for testing the game in NTSC land and for also providing some template sound effects for the game. intvnut helped indirectly with some sound driver code he posted a while back on the INTVPROG yahoo group as well. Albert modified the forum software to accept *.rom extensions as well (which saves the grief of having to *.zip them up :D). Thanks guys!

Some instructions would help ;).

The objective of the game is to build your rocket, collect fuel pods and then leave the planet. You must collect the rocket pieces in the correct order starting with the bottom left piece. When you've collected a piece fly to the gap between the middle and right platform to the rocket building area and the piece will automatically drop when you are in the right place. The rocket should look like the one on the game's title page when its fully assembled. When you've built the rocket you need to collect 3 fuel pods which will appear at random time intervals (and also fall from the sky). As you collect each fuel pod you'll see the rocket's fuel tank fill up. When the rocket starts to flash you can swoop down into it and complete the level.

When you have dropped a part in the rocket building area and it makes contact with the planet surface or the rest of the rocket (as it builds up) then the next part to collect will blink once.

Known issues :-

- There are only sound effects for the laser, aliens being shot and items collected.

- The vertical sides of the green platforms are "sticky".

- When you drop an item (after alien contact) it will fall through the green platforms to the planet surface.

- Fuel pods cannot be collected in mid air.

Try the game and report any issues or bugs that you find.

• Like 1

Some instructions would help.

Hmmm, I think what would actually help is a printed manual with pretty pictures and informative text and a back story, and while you're at it, we'll probably need some instructive overlays, and now that there's a cart, a manual and 2 overlays, it only makes sense to have a box to store it all in....hmmmm, a CIB release me thinks? :)

• Like 8