IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

According to Albert, the boxes were shipped at least a couple weeks back from Germany. Seems to be moving at a snail's pace. For Al's sake, I hope he has tracking+insurance on those boxes. It would be a pity if they didn't show up, or worse:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/209423-us-dept-homeland-security-destroys-shrink-wrapped-games/

According to Albert, the boxes were shipped at least a couple weeks back from Germany. Seems to be moving at a snail's pace. For Al's sake, I hope he has tracking+insurance on those boxes. It would be a pity if they didn't show up, or worse:

http://atariage.com/...-wrapped-games/

I ordered from Europe a few times and haven't had any problems. The packages usually took at least two weeks to arrive, though.

I'm a bit late to this game as I usually hang out in Jag/Lynx places...

I've recently decided I'd like to start buying new aftermarket releases for my 2600.

Can I confirm there's a plan to make this game boxed for PAL users? I was totally peaved not to have got the opportunity to get a boxed version but then saw this post about a PAL version.

For me it's boxed or not at all.

Otherwise is there any plan to have a box scan on AA (as there are for others) for users to make a box for themselves?

The boxes are gone though, with the idea being that they were limited. If they want PAL boxes it would have to be limited as well or the people who bought the limited NTSC boxes would perhaps feel a little shafted. Then again I bought it without the box so who am I to say.

and just out of curiosity...Al, did you receive the boxes as planned? I cant wait to play the game and add it to the atari library of boxed goodness...lol

the box looks sick!

The boxes arrived today. I haven't even had a chance to look at them yet. :)

..Al

Been busy getting my butt kicked in 2600HSC, so I took last week off and played PR all week. After a fair amount of gaming, I LOVE IT!!! It just keeps getting better!!! The one thing I was wondering was if there are any "hidden" warp zones? I don't want to know were, just if it's something to look for? GREAT JOB CHRIS!!!!!!

I played on my freshly received Sears (so NTSC system) well apart from the obvious colors that feel a bit better (only a bit, but I guess that even if I have one TV able to receive NTSC-M, they are not meant to receive an old standard full analog NTSC signal. I think I read that in the 80's or 90's, they changed slightly the NTSC norm for better color restitution, so European sets must use that one only. And there is no hue correction available) I felt an improvement in gameplay, with less collision bugs, especially with ennemies.

Still it's largely playable on a PAL system.

Indeed! It's nice to see the batari BASIC logo on such a wonderful cart! While other classic systems are struggling to get even C toolchains going we have BASIC that helps make games like this! Truly, the Atari 2600 is the platform that CAN.

That was Albert's Idea to put the BB logo on it, and I'm glad he did!

• Like 1

Been busy getting my butt kicked in 2600HSC, so I took last week off and played PR all week. After a fair amount of gaming, I LOVE IT!!! It just keeps getting better!!! The one thing I was wondering was if there are any "hidden" warp zones? I don't want to know were, just if it's something to look for? GREAT JOB CHRIS!!!!!!

Thanks. I hope to top it with Zippy the Porcupine. I didn't include warp zones since there were only 16 levels and I just didn't have the extra space to include something like that. By the time I was done with this game, I think I had less than 1k left available to me in all the banks combined.

• Like 1