IGNORED

Re-Started Frenzy / Berzerk :)

PacManPlus

Hi I'm the Alan McNeil that designed the games. Bob contacted me quite a while back when just starting the project.

I'm advising and suggesting changes to this project. Glad to see my old games finally make it onto an Atari in a decent version.

This is fun for me because it's a lot less work suggesting a change than coding it.

Glad to see a few players out there still want to play the classics.

• Like 26

Hi I'm the Alan McNeil that designed the games. Bob contacted me quite a while back when just starting the project.

I'm advising and suggesting changes to this project. Glad to see my old games finally make it onto an Atari in a decent version.

This is fun for me because it's a lot less work suggesting a change than coding it.

Alan-thanks for posting and a special thanks for working with Bob. Berzerk is definitely a classic and a favorite of many of us. We are greatful to Bob and folks like yourself who give and expect nothing in return (just so that rest of us can have some fun)!

Thanks, Guys! :cool:

...and thanks Alan for posting :)

Here's a quick manual I whipped up. Did I miss anything?

Bob, I think you should clarify the second and third paragraph in 'Playing The Game'. Only Frenzy has the walls the ricochet and Crazy Otto can be killed, but not Evil Otto. As it reads, someone who had not seen these games would be confused. In the 'Helpful Hints' area I would clarify that only the 'dot walls' can be used to shoot your way out. Maybe the best way to deal with these is to move them to the 'Differences Section'?

PM Received, and correction made - thank you. Replaced above attachment with new manual.

:)

To answer AtariBrian's question, I plan to do a small run at the same time Al brings them to the PRGE. This way, it's released at the same time. You can get the boxed edition through Al, and cart only through me (for the first run).

• Like 2

Alan,

Berzerk did make it to the Atari 800 computers and was a really good port of the arcade. Never saw Frenzy though :(

Your games are in good hands with Bob on the 7800 though!

I'm a fan of both games and they're both great renditions. It seems like Berzerk is taking a back seat though. Will the label have Frenzy/Berzerk on the front? Otherwise, how will people know that Berzerk is in there as well? The manual flyer just has Frenzy and the opening screen just has Frenzy.

Chuck

You can count me as a boxed-edition buyer as soon as it hits the AtariAge store. PMP, I've been very happy to see you continue with your coding projects.

Y'know, with all the awesome titles we have seen the past few years, what with Boulder Dash on the 2600, Tempest on the 5200, all of PMP's games on the 7800, and the mountain of fantastic homebrews the ColecoVision guys are cranking out, to say nothing of the SGM, XM and Melody/Harmony hardware projects, I'm starting to think now is the Golden Age of video games!

Thanks, Guys :)

Made a bunch of small changes, and slowed down the robot shots a little more (at first) to better match the arcade. Need to add a few more words before I post an RC1 so it should be soon.

@ChuckH: The game was made to showcase Frenzy, although I did always want to add Berzerk. There is a way to tell Berzerk is added from the box front:

post-1787-0-59811300-1379066451_thumb.png

Hope this helps.

Guys, when I post the RC1, anyone who can test the two player modes would be greatly appreciated. It's a little difficult to do that by myself. :(

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 3