IGNORED

2nd Annual CvW competition (December)

well I definitely had a good run this morning: 3324
post-34560-0-75148000-1387402821_thumb.gif

and a Perfect Christmas!

post-34560-0-09403400-1387402874_thumb.gifpost-34560-0-49552700-1387402865_thumb.gif

I'm sure I would have made it to Ranger, but was playing on a friend's computer which has a lot of useless pop-ups happening. one popped up over the screen while I was playing in Haunted Hollow! (L17) ...& I died twice. It ruined my "zone" & I lost more lives before getting back in the groove. Then I was surprised to get killed off at Twisted Toyland !! it usually is no problem for me, oh well.

I noticed another petrified snowflake in Ranger practice. I think it may have been a miracle

post-34560-0-94741900-1387403391_thumb.gif

• Like 3

@Scalpel: CONGRATULATIONS! You have (temporarily) unseated Oscar G. to become the Top Ranger Elf! You both are now sitting pretty in the Top Elite Ranger Elves room. Be nice ;)

@Kabeka: No worries, there's still two weeks for the competition, so you have plenty of time to hone your game. :)

@Oscar G.: 10 days... almost done! Scalpel took your spot, but you knew you couldn't sit in the Top Elite Ranger Elves room all alone for ever... :)

@S.BAZ: CONGRATULATIONS!!! A Perfect Christmas is not an easy thing to get, so that's impressive! You are now the Top Helper Elf, but you obviously have the wherewithal to become a Ranger Elf, so get cracking! ;-)

Nice scores everyone! Santa is considering charging rent for the Top Elite Helper Elves room, so keep on reaching for the higher ranks! :lol:

-dZ.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

I suppose I just need to practice more. Kinda hit a brick wall.

Know the feeling......keep hitting the same wall (only much earlier than you!) :skull:

But still havin' fun practicin' and all ;-)

By the way, I'm really digging this version of Carol of the Bells :music:

I'm going to start charging rent to S.BAZ and JasonLikesINTV for their spots in the Top Elite Helper Elves. :lol:

You guys are very good players, so I would expect you to advance to Ranger Elf at some point and leave the Helpers room to others. There are patches in the higher ranks, you know. ;)

• Like 1

My goal was to get to 5,000 ... oh so close.

post-31049-0-15541300-1387465959_thumb.png

As a first, I made it through the first two Christmas without losing a life. First time that I had done that ... wheels fell off a little afterwards though.

I have another achievement for you for next year ...

Cat-Like Carol - Have up to 9 lives at one time!

• Like 3

My goal was to get to 5,000 ... oh so close.

attachicon.gifAlmost 5K.png

As a first, I made it through the first two Christmas without losing a life. First time that I had done that ... wheels fell off a little afterwards though.

I have another achievement for you for next year ...

Cat-Like Carol - Have up to 9 lives at one time!

Wow... 9 lives! The maximum I have got is lucky seven. Well done! :thumbsup:

Stuck in the 3Ks so far.

• Like 1

Wow... 9 lives! The maximum I have got is lucky seven. Well done! :thumbsup:

Stuck in the 3Ks so far.

I will tell you that the Five Golden Rings Of Life achievement was originally Christmas Kitten or something like that, until I realized that it is not possible to get 9 lives! :o

You see the score required to get the 8th and 9th lives is greater than 9,999, and so the counter is bound to reset before. DOH!

I blame the stupid programmer that left all those bugs in. :lol:

dZ.

I will tell you that the Five Golden Rings Of Life achievement was originally Christmas Kitten or something like that, until I realized that it is not possible to get 9 lives! :o

You see the score required to get the 8th and 9th lives is greater than 9,999, and so the counter is bound to reset before. DOH!

But you START with 3 lives. I was awarded 6 bonus lives for a total of a little green 9 in the upper left hand corner. I'm not imagining it!

So ... assuming there is a possibility to gain a seventh extra life (in addition to the 3 you start with), what happens if you don't loose a life before getting the seventh life? What will display in the upper left?

But you START with 3 lives. I was awarded 6 bonus lives for a total of a little green 9 in the upper left hand corner. I'm not imagining it!

So ... assuming there is a possibility to gain a seventh extra life (in addition to the 3 you start with), what happens if you don't loose a life before getting the seventh life? What will display in the upper left?

Ah, sorry, I was talking about receiving 9 extra lives, which is not possible. The game does support having up to 9 simultaneous lives.

To answer your question, if you have 9 lives, and you reach the threshold for the next one, it won't be awarded. However, as soon as you lose one and your lives display shows less than 9, you will be awarded all the lives owed to you on the next score update.

dZ.

And by "all lives owed to you," I mean exactly one, due to the aforementioned bug that allows only seven extra lives to be awarded.

The game was intended to continue awarding extra lives indefinitely, but it does not. Oh well, as Tolkien would says, a mortal life forces you to appreciate its short span and to concentrate on the important goals.

Carol is an Elf after all. ;)
dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay