IGNORED

ABBUC SWC 2014: Dimo's Quest

8Bitjunkie

"Would it has inside the box space for the cart?"

Only asking because it seems there will be many papers inside. It maybe nice that people could put also the cart inside and have all together.

yes, that was the plan: all boxes have enough space to put the card inside.

that is the point to sell the cart seperatly... ;-) you can have the disk version boxed now and just "add" the cart to the box when it is available...

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 2

Thanks for the explanation and for the welcome, Thomas.

Dimo's Quest is a great game. I check a certain online auction site from time to time for the Amiga (and MS DOS) version, but those seem to be really rare.

The Limited Edition looks really nice. I'm just a little undecided if I can afford it right now.

Regards,

Jan

Thank you Jan :-)

the Dimo's Quest box from 1993 was only published in germany (and only 17.000 units were sold).

by the way: there was only one box containing both the Amiga and the DOS disk at the same time...

• 1 month later...

What is this update... it looks so AMAZING!

This is some kind of interlude sequence. Every time, Dimo has collected all sweets in one of the 5 kingdoms, he walks from the kingdom to the castle... And to another kingdom thereafter...

Edited by 8Bitjunkie

I'd put Dungeon Hunt on that list, too.

Dungeon Hunt has a very good package, like Hobgoblin.

But Yoomp! (with cart, tape and cart), Bomb Jake (poster, cape, cart, card) and Dimo's Quest (with professional box and hardcover manual+making of) IMHO are the best three packages. Unfortunately I haven't found a photo of Yoomp! package.

post-12528-0-92446000-1466715345_thumb.jpg post-12528-0-20879300-1466715009_thumb.jpg post-12528-0-20130200-1466715019_thumb.jpg post-12528-0-31577200-1466715020_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

You know, after all those updates , it is a candidate to re-enter the ABBUC contest.

so you can complaining again for months about something you don't like?

forget it! I'm tired of reading your "Dimo's Quest is crap" shit...

Edited by 8Bitjunkie

The original Amiga Picture and two times a rendered rasterconverter Image for Atari 8Bit :

Here you can see the difference if you just throw the original Amiga Picture into the converer process (middle Picture)
or if Mario optimizes the input picture before Rendering it (right result)

Thank you Mario :-)

post-38160-0-67648100-1466721937_thumb.png

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 6

The original Amiga Picture and two times a rendered rasterconverter Image for Atari 8Bit :

Here you can see the difference if you just throw the original Amiga Picture into the converer process (middle Picture)

or if Mario optimizes the input picture before Rendering it (right result)

Thank you Mario :-)

attachicon.gifMap3.png

That is excellent. I would REALLY like a youtube video documenting the process. At the very least, a good explanation of how such good results were obtained.

• 1 month later...