IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Business profile pictureEVO @EVO

Join the international competitors coming to Evo Japan in seven tournaments featuring a ¥14,000,000 prize pool! Register at http://evojapan.gg and celebrate the event's return to Tokyo! Be sure to follow @evojapan2023 for the latest info. #EVOJ23

The image shows the Evo Japan 2023 logo, game lineup, date, and location. The lineup consists of Granblue Fantasy: Versus, Guilty Gear -Strive-, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV, MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA, Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, TEKKEN 7, and Virtua Fighter esports (also known as Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown). The event is from March 31st through April 2nd, 2023, at Tokyo Big Sight in Japan.
ALT

Anthony..

It's ALIVE!  After an amateur flyback swap, the old Hantarex monitor chassis lives!

I honestly gave it about 30% odds when I flipped it on...

I'm still working on tuning the RGB gains/cutoffs for maximum performance, but it's already looking better than before here's a peek:

(embiggen) (embiggen)

TRBWsy9m.jpg NTaO5OEm.jpg

I can't do a pic of straight on, because my living room is still in (this) configuration.

Anyway while it was out, I found out more about my cab. I'd always assumed it was ROMSTAR-built, since I got it from San Diego (near ROMSTAR), and many examples of this cabinet design are of ROMSTAR distributed games, but that's not the whole truth. It was actually made by East Coast Design, out of NJ, and is a UV-25 SN: 10579, assembled in 1989.

I picked it up during my time stationed at Pt. Mugu (a Naval air station just west of Malibu). During the lengthy drive back home with it, in a borrowed liftgate truck, I was stuck in traffic next to a yellow Lamborghini, but I'm pretty sure my truck was getting at least as many eyeballs.

Anyway, probably mostly for my future reference, here's my serial plate, and an East Coast Designs sales brochure, featuring (of course) a ROMSTAR game:

(embiggen) (embiggen) (embiggen)

j0G0ftqm.jpg QP70HZUm.jpg xI7Od8sm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Wow! This really is something else Reaper. So glad to see this posting after reading about your process involving it. Well done bro. Are you thinking of doing a YouTube video regaring it for us to see in the near future? ;-)

Anthony...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Here's a Neo Geo FM chiptune that I made in Furnace Tracker that I think you guys would like:

https://www.bandlab.com/fighting_zenith/megs-wip-01-5f447ed2?revId=2b3fab78-a39a-ed11-994c-000d3a3f87df

It isn't finished, but it is easier to program FM sounds in FT than Atari Lynx sounds.

This sounds great Slidell. I'm always impressed on your works and how you share it in the community for all to enjoy. ;-)

One of these days we need to see you develop a Neo-Geo title with @ColecoGamer. Maybe other AtariAge members would like to participate as well. Could be a great possibility for all to work together and might attract @Albert to publish it and sell the game on the AtariAge shop. ;-)

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Are you thinking of doing a YouTube video regaring it for us to see in the near future? ;-)

Alas no. Because I didn't think it'd actually work, I didn't document any of the process. 🤣

Besides, there are actually good youtube videos on the subject, done by people who know what they are doing--mine would just some guy flailing at it accompanied by 'yakety sax.' (assuming that's what I'd replace the cursing with)

That reminds me I still have to tell Pa about the successful surgery.  Back before I was born, he was a TV repairman, so he was pretty interested in me doing this. He said I'd get it just fine, but I didn't fully believe him.  The board could use a re-cap too--some adjustment pots are all the way at their ends, but doing that all at once would have been asking for trouble, and it looks better than most arcade monitors, so I'll defer that maintenance for another decade.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SlidellMan said:

I've thought about it, but my 7800, Lynx, and Jaguar projects come first. If other members with few things to do outside of work and family are interested, they can help.

Understood Slidell. No worries bro. Always in the mood to see you in action on the forums and sharing your works with us. A true talented member in the community you are bro. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back with Mike from Retro Gamer Boy. Here we see him playing Metal Slug on the Sega Genesis/ Mega Drive.. Enjoy, ;-)

From the description,

"The Neo geo was the gold standard when it came to arcade ports. And the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive were fortunate to get some amazing ports from the Neo Geo. Games Like Samurai Showdown, Art of Fighting, and Fatal Fury were stunning on Sega’s 16-bit console. One game that did not make it over to the console was Metal Slug, that is until now. In this week's show, we are going to be looking at the latest demo of Metal Slug running on your favourite 16-bit console." 

Download the Meta Slug demo here👉 https://masteries.itch.io/metal-slug-...

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! #SNK #SAMURAISHODOWN https://start.gg/tournament/vortex-gallery-online-2023/

A3vDzouS_mini.png

Ke11y Ann Frosty FaustingsVGOn23@Ke11yAnn_ Jan 7
#SAMSHO Players - New Year/New Best SSM Contest!🌸Road to Vortex Gallery #VGVolumes Promo is your 2nd Chance to make Top SSM! Submit a SSM to Contest #2: https://forms.office.com/r/GYUf1x2X1f SSM winners announced at #VGOn23 Samurai Shodown 3, 5sp, 6, 7 - ALL offered http://vortexgallery.moe

vortexgallery.moe
ALT

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Here's the latest news from our AtariAge pal Michael @Steril707 on the latest regarding Hyperblaster. So awesome to read this for sure. Please mention if you like to receive an AES or MVS version to be placed on the list folks. :)

After my adventures in Atari XL/XE coding, I am full on working on Hyperblaster again.

I will concentrate on finishing the Neo Geo version now, that I have a system/framework in place that will work for both the Amiga and the NG. After that it will be easier for me to port all the assets and level designs over to the Amiga than the other way around (trying to keep both versions at parity at all times just slows things down incredibly, I learned).

That said, I am making really good progress at the moment, so hopefully we will see a release this year.

Current state is I have a working title screen, the first level is almost finished and can be played through (though with a few glitches yet), Game Over and Level transitions are working as well.

Still some game loop related stuff to do, but most of that is quite manageable or even around from the first game anyway and just needs to be included.

Well, and then the rest of the levels have to be pixeled and enemies created. Plus music and more sound effects. That's the most fun part and I am looking forward to that.. ; )

So, that's the current state of my new game in the new year.

As always, thanks for anybody following, liking and giving support to me.
(PS: would anybody be interested in a list where you can state your interest for the Neo Geo carts versions? )
No photo description available.

Anthony...

• Like 3

Hi Guys,

More from our friend Michael @Steril707. Please contact him on Facebook or PM him on AtariAge regarding your interest on pre-ordering Hyperblaster on either the AES/MVS or both. The list will be expected to grow as the day progresses.  

ALERT!! Please note that this currently is an interest list as Michael will explain more from his Facebook posting below regarding a physical release at this time. A link to his FB page will be shared. 

Interest list so far:
AES:
Mishen Sam
Harjit Singh Sandhu
Michael Thomas
Charlie Cat
Amobile Cédric
Battistuta Djé
Vylak Somchay
Rémy Nguyen
Martin Haslinger
Rico Stofls
Chris McVey
Fabian Rosenthal
Shane Haines
鄒永煒
Wilson Li
Bren McGuire
Arnaud Tamarais

MVS:
Jimmy Itier
Seb Wibaut
Gareth Powell
Francesco Ghidini
Andy Johnson
Thomas Foltin : please tell me what format you are interested in.. 😉

(note: this is only an interest list. You are not obliged to buy anything, nor am I obliged to sell anything mostly since I still don't have an idea about how, if and when production will happen, etc. I will count in you guys as dibs though when things happen, as a thank you for the positive vibes and early support here

note2: Will be 20 entries for both versions)

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat

XenoCrisis' pixel work was done by Henk Nieborg, a man who worked on Adventures of Flink and Adventures of Lomax in Lemmingland. By the way, @awbacon the Tremors worms are called Graboids. If I ever decide to make new games for the Neo Geo, here are my rules:

-Game must have no bugs, glitches, or crashing. Who do you think I am, Running With Scissors?

-No fighting games. Unless it has something unique in terms of gameplay, there's no valid reason.

-No feature creep, but the game must take advantage of all four buttons. (Not counting start or select.)

-Core gameplay must be fun from beginning to end.

-No collectors' editions, and the game must be available in both physical and digital.

-Game must run on the MVS, AES, and CD without any problems.

-It also must take advantage of the system's strengths, including the FM and PSG chips.

-Customizable button setup is also necessary considering the button layouts of both the arcade stick and NGCD controller.

-The Program and Character ROM boards must not damage the cartridge slots.

@Steril707 Excellent work on your horizontal shmup, and will the Amiga version work on NTSC systems? If you need any more music, I can also compose some tracks.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, awbacon said:

whats your take on modern Neo Geo games @Charlie Cat

Any new games goinging onto the Neo-Geo is A-OK with me for sure VGE. :)

Thank you for sharing this excellent video of you playing and explaining about Xeno Crisis bro. Bitmap Bureau does fanrastic work. Can't wait to see how Final Vendetta will be like for the Neo-Geo soon. ;-)

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat

Hi guys,

A Steam bundle for THE LAST BLADE and its OST is out now! Contains 35 tracks of remastered original NEOGEO tunes. Enjoy gaming while listening to this must-hear OST! *Comes in both MP3 and FLAC >Soundtrack https://store.steampowered.com/app/1940720/ >BUNDLE https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/26157/ #SNK #NEOGEO

Anthony..