IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

3 hours ago, aaronclassicgamer said:

I've been playing this classic on the evercade! It is an absolute blast!

-Aaron

Glad that you're enjoying Xeno Crisis on the Evercade Aaron. I've heard great reviews regarding it on the unit bro. Thank you for stopping by to share your feeling towards it bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

@GoldLeader @Steril707 @Reaperman @retrorussell @ColecoGamer @Hwlngmad @SpicedUp! @Darrin9999 @128Kgames @roots.genoa @Serguei2 @MarkoCG77 @eightbit @neogeo1982 @NeoPancho

Here's the latest video from Michael at NeoHomeBrew on his Neo-Geo Pinball title with obstacles and sound included this time. Thank you @SlidellMan for bringing this to our attention bro. :)

From the description.

"Neo Geo Pinball Game Demo for the Neo Geo MVS / AES systems. It shows the collison detection and reflection of the ball against typical (irregularly shaped) pinball targets on the playfield as well as the acceleration and direction change when the ball is hit by the two flippers. Also, I have added a ball launcher, sound effects and a background music track to this demo.

Made with with the NeoBitz C-Dev Kit, HPMAN's DATlib and Blastar's NGFX SoundBuilder."

Anthony...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

@GoldLeader @Steril707 @Reaperman @retrorussell @ColecoGamer @Hwlngmad @SpicedUp! @Darrin9999 @128Kgames @roots.genoa @Serguei2 @MarkoCG77 @eightbit @neogeo1982 @NeoPancho

Here's the latest video from Michael at NeoHomeBrew on his Neo-Geo Pinball title with obstacles and sound included this time. Thank you @SlidellMan for bringing this to our attention bro. :)

From the description.

"Neo Geo Pinball Game Demo for the Neo Geo MVS / AES systems. It shows the collison detection and reflection of the ball against typical (irregularly shaped) pinball targets on the playfield as well as the acceleration and direction change when the ball is hit by the two flippers. Also, I have added a ball launcher, sound effects and a background music track to this demo.

Made with with the NeoBitz C-Dev Kit, HPMAN's DATlib and Blastar's NGFX SoundBuilder."

Anthony...

Looking good.  Definitely will be interesting to see how far this project goes and what all is included as I do love me some video pinball.

• Like 1

World Heroes 2 for AES, Breakers and Hypernoid for CD (too bad Flip Out hasn't  been shipped)... it has been ages since Los Reyes Magos delivered so much NeoGeo goodness to me 😊.

17 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

From the description.

Anthony...

It is looking so amazing already... it advanced a lot in no time!.

20230106_020239.jpg

Edited by NeoPancho
edited picture
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Looking good.  Definitely will be interesting to see how far this project goes and what all is included as I do love me some video pinball.

I agree Ryan. This game is shaping up quite nicely bro. I really would love to play it as soon as it's offered to the public. Thank you for stopping by to see it bro. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

More video Footage of Minna-san no Okagesama Desu! Dai Sugoroku Taikai:

Too bad that SNK and Monolith never bothered obtaining the Tunnels license.

What a weird title now that I think of it Slidell. I always wanted this in the collection, but always put it off for other games. Doesn't look bad all. :)

Anthony..

7 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

Thank you for stopping by to see Michaels progress to his Neo Geo Pinball Pancho. Yeah bro, it's coming along quite nicely. Hope to play this soon from him.

Nice selection of titles you shared Pancho. Looks like you really going to have some fun tonight playing these gems bro. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

The Nintendo eShop is having a sale! It ends on Jan 8th, so act soon! ●NEOGEO POCKET COLOR Selection Vol.1: 50%OFF ●NEOGEO POCKET COLOR Selection Vol.2: 20%OFF ●SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION: 75%OFF ●SAMURAI SHODOWN (2019): 50% #SNK #Switch #NEOGEO

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Popular SNK titles in the METAL SLUG, THE LAST BLADE, and KOF franchises are free to play on Prime Gaming ( @primegaming)! This service is free for Prime members, so sign up if you haven't and play these legendary NEOGEO titles today! https://gaming.amazon.com/home #PauseandPlay
Quote Tweet

Business profile picturePrime Gaming@primegaming
·Dec 30, 2022
facts #PauseandPlay

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Prime Gaming,年末年始の特典を発表。「Dishonored 2」や「METAL SLUG」の配信や,「原神」のコンテンツキャンペーンなど https://4gamer.net/games/582/G058211/20221228030/ #PrimeGaming
Translated from Japanese by
Prime Gaming announces year-end and New Year benefits. Distribution of "Dishonored 2" and "METAL SLUG", content campaign of "Genshin", etc. https://4gamer.net/games/582/G058211/20221228030/ #PrimeGaming

FlCfS_DagAA2oUz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This evening, we were with JJ from Retro ReWire. Here we see him have a sizable amount of Neo-Geo pickups that he obtain for his collection. Awesome to see this from him. :)

From the desription,

"Welcome to Retro Rewire! Today we will take a look at all the NEO GEO hardware and gams that I picked up in 2022. Everything was picked up while retro game hunting in Japan. My collection is young and will surely branch out to include the games I am wanting, go for broke!"

Anthony...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ohfivepro said:

Some images of Ironclad / Choutetsu Brinkin'ger running on MVS hardware at the 1996 Amusement Show before it was scrapped for a CD only release

WOW! What a stunning find this is Paul I never seen this before and thank you for sharing this with us.  Amazing find for sure.

Interesting to see a Neo 50 in the pics. I wonder how our friend @Foolycoolyguy ever made out with his own Neo 50 unit. Hope he was able to get it running again. 

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Well done for our pal @Mx5dob. Glad the goal on doing so is completed Paul. :)

Its taken 4 years but I've finally found and bought the original style of marquee for my model of MVS cab! #snk #electrocoin #neogeo #arcade #retrogaming

Anthony...

• Like 1

I'm not surprised at all about Ironclad.  They've retained all those MVS ROM files all these years because when their 25th anniversary rolled out, they got with Humble Bundle initially for a limited exclusive time to sell the original arcade dumps straight from the boards for over 20 titles.  I bought the bundle, and one of them was the MVS set for Ironclad, so I've been a legal owner of the arcade board contents since 2015.

Within the executable they sold when it extracts to a directory you get a fairly poor emulator with some sketchy limited options to use, but in that directory is also: neogeo.zip(BIOS) and also ironclad.zip(game) over 9 files interestingly titled too...

220-p1a.bin (2MB) and then what's interesting proto_220- (followed by) -c1.c1, -c2.c2, -c3.c3, -c4.c4,-m1.m1, -p1.p1, -s1.s1, and -v1.v1

The sizes vary. The C ROMs (4) are 4MB, M1&S1 are just 128kbyte, p1 is 2MB, and v1 is 4MB too.  That's it.

Also these sets are what turned me off to hating on retroarch for years and the lack of help I got with those dipshits.  Anytime I'd bring up that I had legit board extracted roms for Neo Geo, and that they refused to work in their emulator I was treated like an idiot or told my stuff was broken, why?  Because they're MAME pole suckers who said those are the only legit dumps, dumps made by random sketchy home owners decades ago, mine coming from SNK direct from their archives somehow are the bad files??  And the result?  Retroarch if it doesn't like a file, ghosts it, it never shows up in the menu to click to use.

I ended up getting final burn alpha and wow... they work, and far better than the junk emulator SNK/dotemu bundled for the 25th anniversary pack.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm not surprised at all about Ironclad.  They've retained all those MVS ROM files all these years because when their 25th anniversary rolled out, they got with Humble Bundle initially for a limited exclusive time to sell the original arcade dumps straight from the boards for over 20 titles.  I bought the bundle, and one of them was the MVS set for Ironclad, so I've been a legal owner of the arcade board contents since 2015.

I suspect the version that was released on Wii's Virtual Console in March 2010 was already the MVS ROM.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2023 at 6:03 PM, ohfivepro said:

Some images of Ironclad / Choutetsu Brinkin'ger running on MVS hardware at the 1996 Amusement Show before it was scrapped for a CD only release

image.thumb.png.372ad2c0bd86ca8c187a4b8abef428f5.png

Screenshot (5501).png

Screenshot (5497).png

Screenshot (5496).png

Great!. The first time i got notice of the game was in a French magazine ("Console +" i think), *if* i remember it right they had a preview with some pictures and no release date way before the CD version was released. I really loved how it looked and was really wishing any of my local arcade centers would get it... and later i would get the CD version when released!. Well, it just went straight to CD! ^_^u

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I ended up getting final burn alpha and wow... they work, and far better than the junk emulator SNK/dotemu bundled for the 25th anniversary pack.

I remember something about this part... i think they picked the same emulator that the Gametap service used not because it was the best or anything, just because in short notice (and probably for cheap) it was the best Humble bundle could do. All the games had an icon on the screen, you would do double click and it just worked like what you would expect of any PC game... the other option was selling you a bunch of files that doesn't do anything by themselves and telling you search in Google what to do with them ^_^uuu... of course you and I (or anyone here) wouldn't have had a problem looking for a emulator, but it had to be something that worked for everybody.

• Like 2