IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Glad that League Bowling is your favorite game for the Neo-Geo Ryan. I always wanted to play the game with four of our AtariAge members by linking up two AES units with the games for us to have fun. Maybe one day it will happen bro. :)

Anthony..

That would be awesome for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Glad that League Bowling is your favorite game for the Neo-Geo Ryan. I always wanted to play the game with four of our AtariAge members by linking up two AES units with the games for us to have fun. Maybe one day it will happen bro. :)

Anthony..

If u can figure out how to hook your aes up online I’d be down!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Has there been any word on the new Garou/Fatal Fury yet? I haven't seen anything, but I found a thing a while ago where someone that is working on it said it's going to use 3D models.

I passed on KOFXV, but I definitely won't miss this when it launches.

Hi Steve,

As far as I know nothing has been mention from SNK as of late regarding it. Pretty much been quiet since and been concentrating on the DLC patches for King of Fighters XV. Hopefully there will be news later on in the year bro. 

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 15歳~18歳を対象にした「KOF XV U-18 NEW GENERATION CUP」、エントリー募集中です! 上位2名は、8月にモンゴルで開催される「第2回東アジアユース競技大会」の日本代表内定選手としてJOCに推薦されます! ぜひご参加ください。 >公式サイト https://kofxv-newgen-cup.com #KOFXV #KOF15
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XV] We are looking for entries for the "KOF XV U-18 NEW GENERATION CUP" for 15 to 18 year olds! The top two players will be recommended to the JOC as Japanese national team players for the 2nd East Asian Youth Games to be held in Mongolia in August! Please join us. >Official site https://kofxv-newgen-cup.com #KOFXV #KOF15

FwfMKQtaMAE04AU?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【月末キャラ】予想キャンペーン 5月の月末限定キャラを予想し、 ひとり1回までコメント欄でご返信してください。 正解者から3名様に600ダイヤをプレゼントします! イベント期間:2023年5月21日(水)17:00まで ※5月31日に報酬を配布する予定です。 #KOF98UMOL #KOF
Translated from Japanese by
[End of the month character] Anticipation campaign Anticipating the limited characters at the end of May, Please reply in the comments section once per person. We will present 600 diamonds to 3 people from the correct answer! Event period: Until 17:00 on Wednesday, May 21, 2023 *Rewards will be distributed on May 31st. #KOF98UMOL #KOF

Anthony..

29 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Steve,

As far as I know nothing has been mention from SNK as of late regarding it. Pretty much been quiet since and been concentrating on the DLC patches for King of Fighters XV. Hopefully there will be news later on in the year bro. 

Anthony..

Yeah, I don't think it will release this year, but we'll probably see some news at EVO. I forget how long they said they would be adding stuff to KOF, but KOF is super popular and Garou isn't, so KOF is probably going to take priority over everything else.

Terry was in Super Smash Bros, so now that everyone knows that he exists, it would be nice if everyone actually played Garou for once. Sometimes I feel like people only ever care about KOF, but I still like Real Bout Special more than any KOF game, including 98. Still need to try 98UM, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

Tried Metal Slug 2 TURBO for the first time on my NGCD tonight. Wow! Talk about turning a near unplayable turd into a lightening fast, beautiful experience. It eliminates 90-95% of the slowdown. If you haven't tried it yet, there's a TURBO version patchs for both CD and MVS/AES versions of the game. WELL worth replacing your old standard MS2 for. I've always liked 2 more than X (time of day, bosses etc) but 2 always played like junk by comparison, so I'd always play X instead. Now 2 finally gets some well deserved play time!

Edited by Cobra Strike Down
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, I don't think it will release this year, but we'll probably see some news at EVO. I forget how long they said they would be adding stuff to KOF, but KOF is super popular and Garou isn't, so KOF is probably going to take priority over everything else.

Terry was in Super Smash Bros, so now that everyone knows that he exists, it would be nice if everyone actually played Garou for once. Sometimes I feel like people only ever care about KOF, but I still like Real Bout Special more than any KOF game, including 98. Still need to try 98UM, though.

One thing I remember about Terry Bogard being involved with Super Smash Bros is that many that were cheering and screaming for him. Yet when I ask do you know who he was, many didn't have an idea of his background. I was shocked. Too bad that they didn't at the time. :(

Anthony..

11 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

Tried Metal Slug 2 TURBO for the first time on my NGCD tonight. Wow! Talk about turning a near unplayable turd into a lightening fast, beautiful experience. It eliminates 90-95% of the slowdown. If you haven't tried it yet, there's a TURBO version patchs for both CD and MVS/AES versions of the game. WELL worth replacing your old standard MS2 for. I've always liked 2 more than X (time of day, bosses etc) but 2 always played like junk by comparison, so I'd always play X instead. Now 2 finally gets some well deserved play time!

Awesome Cobra. One of these days we need you to share your Neo-Geo material videos with us. It would be fantastic to see from you bro I would be very interested in them. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Some screenshots on Chipsonsteroids future title Gladmort. Interesting to say the least. :)

Une version demo du futur jeu #NeoGeo de @Chipsonsteroids, #Gladmort, est présent sur le stand neogeo fans du @stunfest
. Il s agit d un jeu d'action, plate-forme, type #GhostsnGoblins de #capcom Voici quelques images suplementaire
Translated from French by
A demo version of the future #NeoGeo game from @Chipsonsteroids, #Gladmort , is present on the neogeo fans stand of . This is an action game, platformer, type #GhostsnGoblins of #capcom Here are some additional images

FwmBVFqWAAETcUG?format=jpg&name=small

FwmBVThX0AErIWl?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got the all things considered truly amazing port of Metal Slug(1, neo geo) to the Gameboy Color, came in the mail yesterday.  The title surfaced around 2015 originally as MGS but with some really dark humor/middle finger 9/11 bs with osama and bush between stages and as the intro.  The cleaned up game is just MS1 start to end, no crap, even has the same credit roll with the paper airplane and the continue screen too when you eat it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I got the all things considered truly amazing port of Metal Slug(1, neo geo) to the Gameboy Color, came in the mail yesterday.  The title surfaced around 2015 originally as MGS but with some really dark humor/middle finger 9/11 bs with osama and bush between stages and as the intro.  The cleaned up game is just MS1 start to end, no crap, even has the same credit roll with the paper airplane and the continue screen too when you eat it.

They made a GB Color game in 2015? And how odd they added that other story BS into it. Regardless of your thoughts on that war and the parties who participated in it, I don't feel it needs to be in Metal Slug, ya know?

Edited by Cobra Strike Down
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Cat said:

Awesome Cobra. One of these days we need you to share your Neo-Geo material videos with us. It would be fantastic to see from you bro I would be very interested in them. :)

Anthony..

Will do! I could post stuff here. Unfortunately, I'll be moving up the road into a new house in a few months. So just as I've gotten most things hooked up, looks like I'll soon have to start packing it up again.

But I'll try and make as much content as possible in my free time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

They made a GB Color game in 2015? And how odd they added that other story BS into it. Regardless of your thoughts on that war and the parties who participated in it, I don't feel it needs to be in Metal Slug, ya know?

Well there's a pair of stories about on it the more and more I read.

1) Straight up pirate port of the game

2) Failed game that a third party did and SNK(Aruze?) at the time wouldn't go for so it found other ways to the market.

As such I doubt either are very true due to what you can find on the bootleg gaming wiki seen in the link just below.  Taiwan piece of work, but a quality one probably some of the best out of their area given decades of B or lesser into pure jank and/or crap from there. https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Terrifying_911

And I've got (if you saw the post weeks ago) the other Metal Slug game Metal Slug 2001 (see here https://hhug.me/?post=66 and go down to: Yuenan Zhanyi 2001) this one is far more jank, no sub weapons, no bombs, no tanks.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Whoa! This really is interesting Tanooki. i had know idea that this existed. Now you have me curious on finding out more. Looks like they made a good game to play and like the music involved in it. 

Anthony...

10 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Looks like Chips on Steroids has another hit on his hands. By the way, are he and that musician he collaborated with going to post the Neotris OST on SoundCloud or BandCamp? Seriously, it is that good.

That's right Slidel. In fact, they shared some pics off Twitter involving he game. Very nice. :)

From what I gather, here's the list of Neo-Geo titles being plan for release in 2023.

So far, the list of new Neo Geo games for 2023 are

Final Vendetta

Hyper Blaster

Project NEON

Cyborg Force

Operation Killmeister 

Gladmort

Yo-Yo Shuriken

Good times ahead for the Neo-Geo, and for us gamers to play for sure. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

After major technical hurdles with 0003 IO errors. Finally found correct…..”files” that sidestepped the notorious NGCD copyright protection. After countless gigs of trash files tried, a well deserved run at sonic wings 2….now some sleep. 

Glad that the issue is taken care of Cobra. Now back to the action to see you having fun bro. Thank you for the updates. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1