IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

This morning were back with a gentleman that goes by the name, "witchhunter1976". Our recent game genre that we've been congregating recently with is on racing titles. So continuing were we previously left off, the kind sir did a great review regarding Thrash Rally AES.

From the description,

"WGV is my series that focuses on unusual titles from my retro gaming collection. Here's a review of Thrash Rally, a top-down racing game for the Neo Geo AES."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

You're welcome Rob.

Thank you for dropping by. We look forward on your upcoming pictures/videos on your MVS unit. If you ever like to delve back to the many fascinating pages here on the Neo-Geo thread for references to the MVS and its titles, please feel free to do so. Its for the convenience to you, and to all. :)

Anthony...

Hi,

Put a power supply in and it's up and running!

Monitor needs a cap kit, the color is great! No weak guns!

Some funky switches, so I plan to get a new set and also replace those joysticks!

Games in there now are: BASEBALL 2020, MAGICIAN LORD, TOP PLAYERS GOLF, & KING OF THE MONSTERS!

• Like 1

Hi,

Put a power supply in and it's up and running!

Monitor needs a cap kit, the color is great! No weak guns!

Some funky switches, so I plan to get a new set and also replace those joysticks!

Games in there now are: BASEBALL 2020, MAGICIAN LORD, TOP PLAYERS GOLF, & KING OF THE MONSTERS!

Hi Rob,

Glad to know that the MVS unit that you purchased is working! :)

Also glad to read that you would like to do some up-to-date maintenance or keeping your MVS in primo shape . So many custom buttons/joysticks avalible making your unit looking cool and unique in the Neo-Geo community.

Superb choices of titles. King of the Monsters and Magician Lord are entertaining titles and my top favorite early games for the NG.

Keep up the great work Rob. We look forward on seeing your cabinet in action! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

King of the Monsters and Magician Lord are two of my favs as well. I still have to review King of the Monsters one of these days. So many fantastic games on this platform :)

You got that right Jarrod!

Think I'll take King of the Monsters out and play it later! :-D

Anthony...

On the other hand, you have some awesome titles that will make you feel that you won the lottery Cat!. :grin:

Anthony...

I played with a friend at a retrogaming club :D He first though that the Neo Geo CD had inferior games and horrendous loading time, and after much fighting time, he admitted that it was identical to the AES/MSV, and that the loading times were very forgiveable once you were all up in the game and laughing from heated battles, so from this point alone it was a success :D

• Like 1

I played with a friend at a retrogaming club :D He first though that the Neo Geo CD had inferior games and horrendous loading time, and after much fighting time, he admitted that it was identical to the AES/MSV, and that the loading times were very forgiveable once you were all up in the game and laughing from heated battles, so from this point alone it was a success :D

Well that's good to know he had a change of heart with the system! :-D When I started playing the NGCD, I got frustrated with the long loadin g times. Soon after I had to build up a sizable collection.

Anthony...

Yeah the NG CD gets a lot of hate, but it really is the most affordable way to get into Neo Geo. Yes there are load times, but considering the price difference we're talking, I think people can sit there for a few seconds. I'm not sure why more and more people don't go this route.

The NGCD (top loader) was the entry into the Neo-Geo universe for myself. It's inexpensive and it was considered the most accessible for me at the time. Iunderstand by so many dislike towards the unit because of the load time in this fast paced world we live in, been if your not an impatient gamer, this system is well worth the money! :)

Anthony...

I don't know why retro gamers would be so annoyed by loading times. GAmes like the Playsattion, Jag CD, early PC games have more long loading times thn the Neo Geo CD.

I'm not even mentionning computer games on tapes and floppies.

I've been saying that to many of my friends and acquaintances for the past 20+ years since the unit came out. The problem is the NGCD was an expensive system to began with and many figured at that price, why do we have to deal this type of process. Soon after, it became the poster child of everything wrong with loading that pertains to CD based systems!

Soon after, the stigma became part of it since then. :(

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing foreign language videos. Today, we have a video in Portuguese regarding the Neo-Geo AES/CD/CDZ. Interesting video to say the least. Especially from the Portuguese community that has been into the Neo-Geo as of late on publishing videos on the platforms!

From the description,

"A Hora do Game sobre o nosso AMADO console NEOGEO"

Translation,

"A Game Time about our BELOVED console NEO GEO"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I can't tell you how excited I am to get my CMVS back. While I adore my SuperGun and one-slot, they're nowhere near as practical as having my CMVS hooked up. It's going to be awesome!

That's awesome Jarrod. Can't wait to see the outcome of how it turns out in your reviews.

BTW, you're welcome to use those NG Dev Team photos that I shared here on your future Neo-Geo videos if you like! :) Seeing, that its now available to the public, you many use them freeky to the viewers on your channel! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

I thought I would repost this video for our new guest/members that partake on the thread. Its with Johnny Arcade with the Neo-Geo MVS and the memory card. A true classic down memory lane.

"Hi guys,

Remember Johnny Arcade? Yeah, the cool 90's dude that showed you what's new in video game land? Well here's a video of him circa 1990 showing off the new Neo-Geo MVS unit to his viewers and what makes it so special and cool for early 90's tech!

Unfortunately, the video is incomplete. The publisher of this uploaded video says that his blank VHS tape ran out of space before it ended recording. But its a nice video none the less regarding Neo-Geo history!"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

I thought I would repost this video for our new guest/members that partake on the thread. Its with Johnny Arcade with the Neo-Geo MVS and the memory card. A true classic down memory lane.

"Hi guys,

Remember Johnny Arcade? Yeah, the cool 90's dude that showed you what's new in video game land? Well here's a video of him circa 1990 showing off the new Neo-Geo MVS unit to his viewers and what makes it so special and cool for early 90's tech!

Unfortunately, the video is incomplete. The publisher of this uploaded video says that his blank VHS tape ran out of space before it ended recording. But its a nice video none the less regarding Neo-Geo history!"

Anthony...

Thanks for sharing this, cool to see the inside of the factory!

Question everybody,

I have been trying to get all of the arcade Metal Slugs in their original form, I have 1,2,X,3,4-on Neo Geo MVS, and 6-on the Atomiswave. But I am having trouble finding Metal Slug 5, is it only available as a Jamma PCB, or is it available in standard MVS format? Thanks again in advance! I'm wanting to play them all in a series of videos for my channel!

-Aaron

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Pre-orders for Kraut Buster LE for the Neo-Geo AES arw now open.

Newsletter:

Dear customers,

pre orders for Kraut Buster AES are open now.

http://www.ngdevteam.com/…/…/kb_re_jpn_insert_satu_600px.png

We choose a reduced price to test if lower AES prices have a positive impact in the market.
The limit per customers is increased but we will keep sales open for at least 2 weeks to ensure everyone has a fair chance.

New CRT screen shots can be seen on the shop site and in bigger here:http://www.kraut-buster.com/screens.html

The game is overall making good progress.
We just finished a new midboss and a boss.
Still a lot to go though. As soon as we have enough new music we will do a new video.

Midboss: "Bohrmaschinen Totengraeber Mk II" a drilling machine used to build the secret weapon science base.

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/…/Bohrmaschinen_Totengraeber_Mk_…

Boss: "Kleiner Siegfried" controlled by the scientist "Professor Stubenhocker"

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/…/duder_looks_angry_but_who_cont…

We also added our first mutant enemy to the game. Something a lot of people wished. Some of the acid spraying soldiers mutate when killed and become crazy fast and agile mutants.

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/images/jumpy_mutant_512px.jpg

----

Due to popular demand we decided to reprint our Dreamcast back catalog (LHPB/FS/GL). More news about that in November. Pre orders for reprints of some of our MVS games will start in November/December too.

If you haven't seen it, here is an English and French interview with our CEO Timm Hellwig (there is a button to choose the language):
http://www.archaic.fr/…/interview-ngdev-team-timm-hellwig-…/

Best regards,
NGDEV

Shop: http://www.ngdevdirect.com/
WWW: http://www.ngdevteam.com/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NGDEVTEAM
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ngdevteam
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ngdevteam"

Kraut Buster AES/Homecart JPN
[NGDT-306JR] 419,00EUR pixel_trans.gifkb_aes_re_jpn_front_spine_shop_180px.png
Click to enlarge

Pre order / advance order / precommande / la reserva / Vorbestellung
Ships in late 2016.

Notice: this item has a long waiting time >6 month.

To be kept informed about this item you can join the shop newsletter, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

Kraut Buster AES/Homecart Japanese

KRAUT BUSTER is an action Run'n'Gun shooting gamearrow-10x10.png made for the 16 bit system NEO GEO.

Game features (exact details are subject to change):

• Several long stages with varied and changing settings
  • 5-6 end bosses and several sub bosses
  • Mask feature: Wear different masks to change yourarrow-10x10.png characters abilities, your weapons, change your surroundings and enemy behaviors.
  • 2 player simultaneous mode. CO-OP: players can interact with each other.
  • 8-way: Allows to shoot in 8 directions
  • Swaying: Some weapons allow 16-direction by swaying with the joystick
  • Switch weapons: quick tap 'D' to switch between weapon I and II
  • Grenade hold: Hold joystick in direction to throw grenades more far
  • Ledge drop: Use the terrain and obstacles to your advantage
  • Position lock: Hold your position while aiming
  • Chain based scoring system to provide a long term challenge
  • Multiple heights/ways platforming for more ways to play the game
  • 3 "routes" / difficulties
  • Arcade perfect playtime of approx. 40 minutes per run (normal route)
  • 60FPS/60Hz twice as fluid, twice as responsive, zero the lag
  • Horizontal Run'n'Gun game

Graphics:

- Beautiful handcrafted true 16-bit pixel art
- large panoramic backgrounds with up to 9000px length with a lot of parallax elements
- big fully animated bosses
- tons of animation, little details and pixel love

Hardware Specs (AES)

AES NEOGEO Homesystem compatible
Designed for NTSC / 60Hz consoles
xxx Megabits
Full Digitized Stereo Soundtrack
Custom made PCBs
Sacrifice free SNK style packaging

• Kraut Buster NEOGEO AES Cart
  • Final version
  • xxx MEGS
  • High quality STEREO music / full soundtrack on cartridge
  • Console mode support
  • Snap case
  • Cart sticker JAPANESE [normal version]
  • Offset printed insert JAPANESE [normal version]
  • Offset printed full color game manual: 12pages
  • Manual baggy
  • Holographic numbering sticker

kb_jpn_re_front_512px.jpgkb_jpn_re_back_512px.jpg

Kraut Buster AES/Homecart ENG
[NGDT-306ER] 419,00EUR pixel_trans.gifkb_aes_re_eng_front_spine_shop_180px.png
Click to enlarge

Pre order / advance order / precommande / la reserva / Vorbestellung
Ships in late 2016.

Notice: this item has a long waiting time >6 month.

To be kept informed about this item you can join the shop newsletter, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

Kraut Buster AES/Homecart English

KRAUT BUSTER is an action Run'n'Gun shooting gamearrow-10x10.png made for the 16 bit system NEO GEO.

Game features (exact details are subject to change):

• Several long stages with varied and changing settings
  • 5-6 end bosses and several sub bosses
  • Mask feature: Wear different masks to change yourarrow-10x10.png characters abilities, your weapons, change your surroundings and enemy behaviors.
  • 2 player simultaneous mode. CO-OP: players can interact with each other.
  • 8-way: Allows to shoot in 8 directions
  • Swaying: Some weapons allow 16-direction by swaying with the joystick
  • Switch weapons: quick tap 'D' to switch between weapon I and II
  • Grenade hold: Hold joystick in direction to throw grenades more far
  • Ledge drop: Use the terrain and obstacles to your advantage
  • Position lock: Hold your position while aiming
  • Chain based scoring system to provide a long term challenge
  • Multiple heights/ways platforming for more ways to play the game
  • 3 "routes" / difficulties
  • Arcade perfect playtime of approx. 40 minutes per run (normal route)
  • 60FPS/60Hz twice as fluid, twice as responsive, zero the lag
  • Horizontal Run'n'Gun game

Graphics:

- Beautiful handcrafted true 16-bit pixel art
- large panoramic backgrounds with up to 9000px length with a lot of parallax elements
- big fully animated bosses
- tons of animation, little details and pixel love

Hardware Specs (AES)

AES NEOGEO Homesystem compatible
Designed for NTSC / 60Hz consoles
xxx Megabits
Full Digitized Stereo Soundtrack
Custom made PCBs
Sacrifice free SNK style packagingarrow-10x10.png

• Kraut Buster AES NEOGEO AES Cart
  • Final version
  • xxx MEGS