IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Indeed as well as Guilty Gear X Version 1.5, Guilty Gear Isuka, The Rumble Fish, and the Rumble Fish 2. That should complete my Atomiswave set. So I was right, five more games haha. Some of those are quite rare though so it won't be for a little while yet.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pic. I have a few CPS-II and PGM games as well. I also have all six CPS-III games released. All I'm missing is space for some arcade cabs.

Excellent Jarrod.

Can't wait to see them soon. Nice pick ups with your new editions to your library with Spin Master and Top Hunter. Fun games no doubt! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

The next objective I has is to finally get Garou: Mark of the Wolves and SVC Chaos. Both of those have eluded me for years for some reason.

The pair are certainly worth to have in your extensive library Jarrod. I have both in my AES collection and really enjoyable titles. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with either!

Anthony...

The pair are certainly worth to have in your extensive library Jarrod. I have both in my AES collection and really enjoyable titles. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with either!

Anthony...

Oh I know. I played both extensively at my friend's old arcade, but he's since closed shop and moved all his games so I no longer have easy access. November and December are going to be slow months for me in terms of picking up new games since there's the holidays in December and I've got both of those reprints from NG: Dev Team coming up in November or December so I need to keep my money ready for those pre-orders :). In January though the great hunt will begin again.

By the way, the new Atomiswave should be here by Friday so if all goes according to plan I'll be back in action soon.

• Like 1

Oh I know. I played both extensively at my friend's old arcade, but he's since closed shop and moved all his games so I no longer have easy access. November and December are going to be slow months for me in terms of picking up new games since there's the holidays in December and I've got both of those reprints from NG: Dev Team coming up in November or December so I need to keep my money ready for those pre-orders :). In January though the great hunt will begin again.

By the way, the new Atomiswave should be here by Friday so if all goes according to plan I'll be back in action soon.

Me too. I do bargin hunting in Janurary since I was a child. I would be looking for all the discount in video games at Wal-Mart, Ebay, and Amazon.

I personally try to ignore buying any electronics at brand new MSRP. I usually buy them refurbished, used and floor models to save ever more money with these depreciating assets! I personally never had any concerns with them. So why give up a good thing!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Me too. I do bargin hunting in Janurary since I was a child. I would be looking for all the discount in video games at Wal-Mart, Ebay, and Amazon.

I personally try to ignore buying any electronics at brand new MSRP. I usually buy them refurbished, used and floor models to save ever more money with these depreciating assets! I personally never had any concerns with them. So why give up a good thing!

Anthony...

That's a fun tradition to have :)

I'll let you know if this Atomiswave works out. If so I'll have to decide whether I review the games via JAMMA, or do I spend some extra money and use the VGA output instead. It would require two extra devices though so we'll see.

• Like 1

That's a fun tradition to have :)

I'll let you know if this Atomiswave works out. If so I'll have to decide whether I review the games via JAMMA, or do I spend some extra money and use the VGA output instead. It would require two extra devices though so we'll see.

Perfect Jarrod. We all are excited to see it. Getting the pretzels and soda pop ready! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here we are with Alex from his channel called, "The Silux". The gentleman is an enthusiast when it comes to video gaming. So the kind sir will be playing a few Neo-Geo titles with great relish. His father purchased a NGCD unit for him and playing these games help bring fond memories growing up.

From the description.

"Today we play 4 Neo Geo games, barely scraping the surface of great Neo Geo games. With King of Monsters 2, Fatal Fury, Crossed Swords and Samurai Shodown V"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon, I decided to take out my VHS collection box of the Fatal Fury anime movies and relax watching them like I did back in the 1990's. I also made a decision to revert on our previous discussion pages here on the thread to show these movies once again for our new members to enjoy for their convenience. :)

Get the popcorn and soda pop ready. Time to watch some great anime movies from the SNK's Fatal Fury franchise. :)

Anthony...

I scored a NEO GEO AES home system-- not Gold or X, but the original.. since I have a memory card and it apparently doesn't work with Gold or X. I can feed info off the games onto the memory card and plug it in my cabinet and pick up where I left off! Got this and THE SUPER SPY at the PRGE Sunday. THE SUPER SPY isn't particularly great IMHO but it came with the system. Sometime I'll go on Ebay and scoop up a Fatal Fury Special for the AES. I think it's funny how the controller is almost as big as the system itself!

• Like 1

I scored a NEO GEO AES home system-- not Gold or X, but the original.. since I have a memory card and it apparently doesn't work with Gold or X. I can feed info off the games onto the memory card and plug it in my cabinet and pick up where I left off! Got this and THE SUPER SPY at the PRGE Sunday. THE SUPER SPY isn't particularly great IMHO but it came with the system. Sometime I'll go on Ebay and scoop up a Fatal Fury Special for the AES. I think it's funny how the controller is almost as big as the system itself!

Hi Russ,

That's splendid to hear that you purchased an AES unit into your collection with The Super Spy. Hope it will bring you hours of joyful gaming and can save your progress onto your MVS cabinet with the memory card that you have available with it. Would love to see that baby in action with your awesome gamer skills as well. :)

What's the serial # on your unit? Is it a Japanese or American system?

Anthony...

• Like 1

Serial is #90A: 019669. Looks American to me. Unless I can have this AND the PS2 plugged into the same tv in my bedroom I might keep this in the attic for that tv. I'll take pics sometime and show 'em off here someday!

WOW. That a low serial number during the early production of the Neo-Geo AES! Nice pick up Russ! :thumbsup:

What's also amazing about these early units is that early motherboards such as this one contained daughterboards used to enhance the clarity of the video output! By doing this, it help increase the quality of the RGB output giving it picture perfect images with finer details!

If it says NEO-AEC on the label Russ, its an American version, making it more sought after!

But regardless if its not, you did very well on the purchase Russ! Congrats! :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Quick update on my CMVS from Analogue Interactive, after months of procrastinating, I finally returned the unit about a month ago, got it back, and then it sat here for the past week. I finally had a chance to test it out yesterday evening and I couldn't be more pleased. It looks exactly like my one-slot board running through my SuperGun. The colors are super sharp, and the brightness is exactly where it's supposed to be.

For those that don’t know why this is an issue, check it out for yourself.

It didn’t make sense to me given the high cost of purchasing a CMVS from Analogue Interactive that the video output would be such poor quality. Turns out there are resistors that some customers want, and in my case, I didn’t need any of them. I simply wanted pure RGB-out, and now I have it. I’ll be posting reviews of Neo games starting again in two weeks, and you’ll see the difference compared to this video. It’s basically night and day. I’m extremely pleased :D

Edited by Project C.O.E.
  • Like 1

Quick update on my CMVS from Analogue Interactive, after months of procrastinating, I finally returned the unit about a month ago, got it back, and then it sat here for the past week. I finally had a chance to test it out yesterday evening and I couldn't be more pleased. It looks exactly like my one-slot board running through my SuperGun. The colors are super sharp, and the brightness is exactly where it's supposed to be.

For those that don’t know why this is an issue, check it out for yourself.

It didn’t make sense to me given the high cost of purchasing a CMVS from Analogue Interactive that the video output would be such poor quality. Turns out there are resistors that some customers want, and in my case, I didn’t need any of them. I simply wanted pure RGB-out, and now I have it. I’ll be posting reviews of Neo games starting again in two weeks, and you’ll see the difference compared to this video. It’s basically night and day. I’m extremely pleased :D

That's great to hear that you're satisfied with the results with your Analogue unit Jarrod. Can't wait to see videos of it in action on your future Neo-Geo videos. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I just dug out my copy of 3 Count Bout for the MVS, gave it the old college try, But I am still horrible lol! But I made a brief video. This was a request by Anthony, thanks for the Idea! I will be posting a video of Neo Drift Out soon on the MVS as you requested! I hope everybody enjoys the brief video. I found the game fun but it has an unfair move system, seems like the cpu cheats, lol! Oh well fun regardless, here is the video! Happy Gaming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suzqIqEVxPo&feature=youtu.be

-Aaron

• Like 1

I just dug out my copy of 3 Count Bout for the MVS, gave it the old college try, But I am still horrible lol! But I made a brief video. This was a request by Anthony, thanks for the Idea! I will be posting a video of Neo Drift Out soon on the MVS as you requested! I hope everybody enjoys the brief video. I found the game fun but it has an unfair move system, seems like the cpu cheats, lol! Oh well fun regardless, here is the video! Happy Gaming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suzqIqEVxPo&feature=youtu.be

-Aaron

Thank you Aaron for fulfilling my request. 3 Count Bout is my favorite Pro Wrestling games since it debuted on the Neo-Geo. It really show the power of the 100 Mega Shock and love the fine details SNK did with it.

Thank you as usual. Can't wait to see Neo Drift out from you! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

It didn’t make sense to me given the high cost of purchasing a CMVS from Analogue Interactive that the video output would be such poor quality.

I debated long and hard between the Omega and Analogue Interactive CMVS units until I saw their internals compared (AI's vs Omega) in a neo-geo.com thread. I think there might be a bit of a pattern with AI video output woes as well, as evidenced by the kevtris HDMI upgrade board available as an option on the analogue NT.

I'm not saying the analogue stuff is terrible. I've bought (but paid less for) worse, but after some heavy research, I found questionable style choices, hardware issues, and a little forum drama. Heck, at one point I even tripped over one of your earlier videos on video quality, but looking at the date I must have seen it after I went omega. I'd swear I knew about the dark video before, though--maybe I noticed it on CGR's review console. That dark neo geo startup text color is a dead giveaway.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I debated long and hard between the Omega and Analogue Interactive CMVS units until I saw their internals compared (AI's vs Omega) in a neo-geo.com thread. I think there might be a bit of a pattern with AI video output woes as well, as evidenced by the kevtris HDMI upgrade board available as an option on the analogue NT.

I'm not saying the analogue stuff is terrible. I've bought (but paid less for) worse, but after some heavy research, I found questionable style choices, hardware issues, and a little forum drama. Heck, at one point I even tripped over one of your earlier videos on video quality, but looking at the date I must have seen it after I went omega. I'd swear I knew about the dark video before, though--maybe I noticed it on CGR's review console. That dark neo geo startup text color is a dead giveaway.

Hey Reaperman,

My story is this, I fell in love with the look, knew that they used NeoBitz' video encoder, which is the same that my SuperGun from Jamma Nation X uses, and is top notch quality, so I figured why not take the plunge. The day it arrived I knew something was up. You can see it in my reviews, the darkness of the picture and the lack of detail. Then I started to use my SuperGun and one-slot, and suddenly the games looked far better, as you can see in the video a few posts above. I mean the difference is night and day. So I sent the system back to AI, and they removed all of the resistors so that only pure RGB is passed through the SCART cable, and wouldn't you know it, but now it looks like my SuperGun and one-slot, perfect. So now the video output matches the fantastic look of the system itself.

I'll be really honest, I'm on the fence for the Nt. Part of me really wants to have an all-in-one solution that is both aesthetically pleasing, but also has top tier quality in terms of video output. I mean I'm using these systems to review games too, so I want the best of both worlds. Thing is, do I want to take a potentially $800 risk on this if the output isn't perfect?

• Like 1

I'll be really honest, I'm on the fence for the Nt. Part of me really wants to have an all-in-one solution that is both aesthetically pleasing, but also has top tier quality in terms of video output. I mean I'm using these systems to review games too, so I want the best of both worlds. Thing is, do I want to take a potentially $800 risk on this if the output isn't perfect?

That's exactly why I'm so hugely interested in the AVS. I also rather prefer the looks of it too, which is no small matter to me. But all that's a conversation for another thread. For me, it's looking like a bit of Analogue deja vu.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Rejoice!!! The Official NEO-GEO Thread has now over 50,000 views! :party:

Thank you for all the support by those contributing to the thread with the members that partake by posting/replying, to our guests that just like to view the latest updates.

Let's keep up the great work everyone and move onward together to make the Neo-Geo thread even greater! :)

Much obliged to all!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hey everybody,

Here is the video of me playing as far as I can on 1 Credit the AWESOME Neo Drift Out: New Technology for the Neo Geo MVS! This game is one of my favorite racing games of all time, definitely my favorite Neo Geo Racer! Thanks Anthony for the request! Here is a link to my YouTube channel and the video in particular. Please like and subscribe! Does anyone else enjoy this game, or Is Overview more your guys thing? Both great games, I just personally seem to be better at Drift Out. Happy Gaming!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLBVEQYNVc&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2

Hey everybody,

Here is the video of me playing as far as I can on 1 Credit the AWESOME Neo Drift Out: New Technology for the Neo Geo MVS! This game is one of my favorite racing games of all time, definitely my favorite Neo Geo Racer! Thanks Anthony for the request! Here is a link to my YouTube channel and the video in particular. Please like and subscribe! Does anyone else enjoy this game, or Is Overview more your guys thing? Both great games, I just personally seem to be better at Drift Out. Happy Gaming!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLBVEQYNVc&feature=youtu.be

Hi Aaron.

Thank you for the upload of Neo Drift Out. One of my favorite MVS racing games that I play with a joystick. I've played this countless times in the arcades and it never fails to amaze me how it stills stands out even with today's standards! Love the intro mucis in the game.

Thank you again as usual. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1