IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Yeah exactly. I never look at current auctions, I look at completed sales to get an idea of what people are willing to pay. In this case $430 USD seems to be what people are actually spending.

That's true, What is the asking price that your interested on offering him? Or what he's offering you.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

That's true, What is the asking price that your interested on offering him?

Anthony...

I left the initial offer on his plate. He played the game so it isn't new, however he didn't like it so it's near mint. If his offer is ridiculous I will wait for the reprint. It’s not like Neo XYX, which may never get reprinted on the MVS, however a better version may hit their new hardware. Timm wrote back on Facebook again and basically said they learned a lot from the RetroVGS and will not reveal any information on the new hardware until it’s 110% ready for primetime. I told him that was a very good idea, and that he should have some working demos ready to go. It’s the only way to convince people this is worth investing in. The RetroVGS is almost certain to fail now because of all the shortcomings made with the reveal. It could turn things around, but it will be so much harder now than if they did it right the first time.

• Like 1

I left the initial offer on his plate. He played the game so it isn't new, however he didn't like it so it's near mint. If his offer is ridiculous I will wait for the reprint. It’s not like Neo XYX, which may never get reprinted on the MVS,

Excellent. Would like to know how that worked out. As for the new hardware, I'm pretty excited on there plans to introduce this to the public. Smart move by them that they'll wait until they feel that the hardware will be impressive enough for the video game community to enjoy. They certainly learn from others errors like the RVGA. If Neo XYX will be available on it, that will be wonderful.

Hope I was helpful and informative on your concers with the Razion pricing. Best wishes on obtaining one in the future! :)

Contact me anytime with your other concerns with the Neo Jarrod! Will be glad to help!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Thanks Anthony, you were most helpful :)

It would be nice to get Razion as I missed out on it when it first went up for pre-order.

Btw my CMVS arrived yesterday, I just haven't had a chance to hook it back up. This Saturday I have to work on the Halloween special, but outside that I'm full scale working on Neo reviews :)

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony, you were most helpful :)

It would be nice to get Razion as I missed out on it when it first went up for pre-order.

Btw my CMVS arrived yesterday, I just haven't had a chance to hook it back up. This Saturday I have to work on the Halloween special, but outside that I'm full scale working on Neo reviews :)

Excllent Jarrod. Will be getting the pretzels and soda pop ready to see the CMVS unit. :-D

Glad to be of service. You're always welcome with your postings and replies! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

The seller wants $850 USD for the Collector's Edition, and the reprint will go for 399€ or 349€ so that's way too much for just a shockbox and some inserts for a guy like me that wants to play the game. I'll just wait for the Gamecenter kit and be done with it. It's truly not worth that asking price as no copies have sold for over $500 on eBay whatsoever. I would be willing to go to $600 or maybe $650, but that would be my limit.

• Like 1

The seller wants $850 USD for the Collector's Edition, and the reprint will go for 399€ or 349€ so that's way too much for just a shockbox and some inserts for a guy like me that wants to play the game. I'll just wait for the Gamecenter kit and be done with it. It's truly not worth that asking price as no copies have sold for over $500 on eBay whatsoever. I would be willing to go to $600 or maybe $650, but that would be my limit.

Hi Jarrod,

I agree. At that price its worth purchasing the reprint from NG Dev Team, than 2nd hand pricing from sellers. Better save that kind of money on other titles and interest.

Sorry that the deal didn't work. But look of the bright side, you have $850 still in the bank account and you'll save money in the long run with the reprints! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

The plot thickens! The seller is sweetening the deal by throwing in additional games. I figured $650 USD was a fair deal. I mean this was a CE version after all and I'm buying shockboxes for the rest of the games I get from NG: Dev Team anyways. So depending on what I'm offered here, this may actually turn out. We shall see. I'll keep you posted. Worst case it doesn't work out and I simply wait for 2016/2017 for the reprints. I already have the money for Last Hope and Gunlord ready to go once I see the pre-orders up, so there's no stopping me from just waiting it out :D

• Like 1

The plot thickens! The seller is sweetening the deal by throwing in additional games. I figured $650 USD was a fair deal. I mean this was a CE version after all and I'm buying shockboxes for the rest of the games I get from NG: Dev Team anyways. So depending on what I'm offered here, this may actually turn out. We shall see. I'll keep you posted. Worst case it doesn't work out and I simply wait for 2016/2017 for the reprints. I already have the money for Last Hope and Gunlord ready to go once I see the pre-orders up, so there's no stopping me from just waiting it out :D

That does sound intriguing Jarrod. Additional titles with the Razion CE making the deal sound too tempting to ignore. I would to be the outcome of the deal for the best.

Anthony...

I looked at my Paypal receipt from my previous Razion MVS CE order and it was exactly $650 USD (at the time the exchange rate was less favorable).

• Like 1

That's not bad then. $650 at launch and $850 plus additional games. I believe I will be making the offer.

I also have news for everyone regarding the NG: Dev Team. They seem to enjoy replying to my comments on Facebook. I made a very quick comment to them saying I'm one step closer to completing my MVS set of their games with the exception of Neo XYX, which I'll likely have to buy from eBay for an outrageous price later on. I said I was curious to see it return via the new arcade hardware they're working on. Here's what they wrote:

Thanks! What ever NX will become on the new platform it will be very different...

FS/RZ MVS will be reprinted with the next game after KB.

So that's interesting to me. I figured Neo XYX would return, but that makes it sound almost like it will be like ReDUX was to DUX.

• Like 1

Well the deal fell through because I have to attend a course in Italy so I need the extra cash. Just found out about it this morning. Oh well, I'll have to wait for the reprint now.

That's fine Jarrod. Seeing that this will be an advantage for you in the long term for your education. The games can wait and you can find them in the immediate future.

This will be a benefit that will last a lifetime to advance yourself in your career and endeavors throughout life! :)

Don't despair, you get them down the line! :)

Anthony...

That's fine Jarrod. Seeing that this will be an advantage for you in the long term for your education. The games can wait and you can find them in the immediate future.

This will be a benefit that will last a lifetime to advance yourself in your career and endeavors throughout life! :)

Don't despair, you get them down the line! :)

Anthony...

Indeed. I'm a process improvement project manager, who also focuses on quality management, so these sorts of things happen all the time. It's all good though, as I'll get the GameCenter MVS version of Razion for a fraction of the price. So in the end that works out. I honestly don't care about special editions as I'm a gamer, I want to play the bloody game. Sure if I can buy it at cost, no problem, but ultimately I think this worked out for the best :)

I'll have to spend around 800€ for the two reprints in November anyways.

Edited by Project C.O.E.
  • Like 1

Indeed. I'm a process improvement project manager, who also focuses on quality management, so these sorts of things happen all the time. It's all good though, as I'll get the GameCenter MVS version of Razion for a fraction of the price. So in the end that works out. I honestly don't care about special editions as I'm a gamer, I want to play the bloody game. Sure if I can buy it at cost, no problem, but ultimately I think this worked out for the best :)

I'll have to spend around 800€ for the two reprints in November anyways.

That's great to hear Jarrod. Not only will you better yourself, but you still have that passion to purchase the games.

I like your tragedy and it will workout just fine! :)

Anthony...

Today I've been dropping credits into Blazing Star--it's a game I'm not great at, but I've slowly improved a little, and enjoy chasing my own high scores. Years ago when I got the game (jeez, it's been nearly a decade), I selected the green one as favorite ship and have stuck entirely with it ever since. However, today I actually bothered to reevaluate my selection and I may just have gotten it all wrong. It's kind of neat to see how differently all the ships play, and while my trusty old standby pretty much murders the first level, its slow speed seems to start really catching up with it in level 3. What ship does everybody else here stick with?

Holidays are coming, and I'm looking at what kind of arcade hardware is 'next' for me. I think a second cabinet is out of the question, so I'm looking more at tossing it into my MVS cab or getting an inexpensive supergun. I'm generally looking at F3, PGM, Atomiswave, and Naomi, and I'm wondering if any of them have any obvious reasons I should not purchase them. For example, suicide batteries have pretty much removed cps2 from the running, because I just don't want to deal with them. CPS2's a+b board system seems a little more fragile than it should be anyway. Anybody have some recommendations for 'after mvs' kinds of purchases?

• Like 2

Today I've been dropping credits into Blazing Star--it's a game I'm not great at, but I've slowly improved a little, and enjoy chasing my own high scores. Years ago when I got the game (jeez, it's been nearly a decade), I selected the green one as favorite ship and have stuck entirely with it ever since. However, today I actually bothered to reevaluate my selection and I may just have gotten it all wrong. It's kind of neat to see how differently all the ships play, and while my trusty old standby pretty much murders the first level, its slow speed seems to start really catching up with it in level 3. What ship does everybody else here stick with?

Holidays are coming, and I'm looking at what kind of arcade hardware is 'next' for me. I think a second cabinet is out of the question, so I'm looking more at tossing it into my MVS cab or getting an inexpensive supergun. I'm generally looking at F3, PGM, Atomiswave, and Naomi, and I'm wondering if any of them have any obvious reasons I should not purchase them. For example, suicide batteries have pretty much removed cps2 from the running, because I just don't want to deal with them. CPS2's a+b board system seems a little more fragile than it should be anyway. Anybody have some recommendations for 'after mvs' kinds of purchases?

Hi Reaper,

The F3 and Atomiswave are on my want list as well. I would love to have them consolized and ready for my television set.

As for recommendations, Have you thought about the KOF Neo Wave, Samural Showdown 6, and Metal Slug 6? Those are entertaining title for the Atomiswave!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

The F3 and Atomiswave are on my want list as well. I would love to have them consolized and ready for my television set.

As for recommendations, Have you thought about the KOF Neo Wave, Samural Showdown 6, and Metal Slug 6? Those are entertaining title for the Atomiswave!

Yeah, but I kind of want to get away from the neo geo franchises--otherwise if I just wanted more of those games, I'd complete my kof, ss, and ms collections on neo geo.

Sadly, since nothing's going to be nearly as good in the home as a neo geo, it's about picking a distant second best. They each have their issues, IMO:

• naomi: Great games, but looks hugely complex to set up with control harnesses, etc. Many games that require special controllers
  • f3: I really like the shmups but don't have my monitor vertical. (and I strangely don't see an option in my framemeister for it)
  • pgm: not many 'big name' games, not much stronger than mvs.
  • atomiswave: just more mvs
  • st-v: awesome saturn ports greatly reduces the attractiveness of the system, imo.

If I had more space, it'd be an easier call--I'd want a naomi 2 driving cabinet. There are so many good racers on naomi.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Yeah, but I kind of want to get away from the neo geo franchises--otherwise if I just wanted more of those games, I'd complete my kof, ss, and ms collections on neo geo.

Sadly, since nothing's going to be nearly as good in the home as a neo geo, it's about picking a distant second best. They each have their issues, IMO:

• naomi: Great games, but looks hugely complex to set up with control harnesses, etc. Many games that require special controllers
  • f3: I really like the shmups but don't have my monitor vertical. (and I strangely don't see an option in my framemeister for it)
  • pgm: not many 'big name' games, not much stronger than mvs.
  • atomiswave: just more mvs
  • st-v: awesome saturn ports greatly reduces the attractiveness of the system, imo.

If I had more space, it'd be an easier call--I'd want a naomi 2 driving cabinet. There are so many good racers on naomi.

Spot on with everything you said Reaper. The F3 and the Atomiswave have been on my personal list for sometime. But price has always been an issue for me. A consolized unit goes close to $700. Course you have other alternatives to play it but, I just like it for the convenience. Likewise for the F3. Naomi does have great racers, But for some reason, I've been putting it off because of other game consoles and titles.

Anthony...

There's a Neo-Geo emulator for the 3DS... but heck if I can get the bloody thing to start! I've got the games, but it's being stupidly picky about the BIOS. I've tried a half dozen of 'em without success. Frustrating!

I've been hearing about that problem from my friends regarding the BIOS as well Jess. I have to take a look at it on why its doing that!

Anthony...

I did get it to work with some help from a member of GBAtemp. It's got to be a very specific BIOS file; otherwise it won't function.

Anyway, it runs okay... a little slow, but playable. Also, can I just say for the record that Neo Mr. Do is the screwiest damn game ever?

LOL....Well I'm happy you got for you that you got it to work Jess. But Yeah, Mr. Do is a strange game. But a fun one no doubt and worth playing it over and over again! :-D

Anthony...