IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Pre-orders for the physical edition of GAROU - MARK OF THE WOLVES PS4 are now open!

This is the occasion to announce that the ULTIMATE GRANT EDITION offers, in addition to an exclusive painting, a reversible cover! More details on

https://pixnlovepublishing.com

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Nintendo Switch/Xbox One「アケアカNEOGEO 龍虎の拳2」のアップデートパッチの配布を開始しました。ボタンの設定が詳細に決められる機能を追加したほか、ゲーム内容の調整をしました。引き続き「龍虎の拳2」をお楽しみください。 #アケアカ #アーケードアーカイブス https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000004090

Translated from Japanese by
We have started to distribute update patches for Nintendo Switch/Xbox One "ACA NEOGEO Ryutora no Ken 2". In addition to adding the function to determine the button settings in detail, the game content has been adjusted. Please continue to enjoy "Ryutora no Ken 2". #アケアカ#アーケードアーカイブス https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000004090

12:24 AM · Jul 15, 2020·

Anthony..

2 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Interesting to know Steve and Tanooki. I'm in a tough spot on which to buy. I like Darksoft's cart and think he offers a quality product. He also has a big following and makes well made products. But at the same time, I do like Terraonion's products too. They always are courteous and treated me like a close friend when we have discussions on Twitter. Because of my past encounters with them, they make me sway on purchasing their cartridge more.   

Anthony...

That's because they're very very good at shmoozing and making people feel like they care, and as long as things go smoothly and well they do.  It's how they deal with problems and adversity with their own products, and those having problems, then it goes to hell.  You had a good experience, so they gave you the good experience side of how it's handled.  I know that sounds jaded  but if you want to go thumb through the neo geo forums for their products from a back when the SSS3 came out and then other issues since, it's kind of obvious how things get handled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Interesting to know Steve and Tanooki. I'm in a tough spot on which to buy. I like Darksoft's cart and think he offers a quality product. He also has a big following and makes well made products. But at the same time, I do like Terraonion's products too. They always are courteous and treated me like a close friend when we have discussions on Twitter. Because of my past encounters with them, they make me sway on purchasing their cartridge more.   

Anthony...

Looking specifically at the 2 carts' features and completely disregarding everything else, including the prices, the NeoSD Pro is just a better cart overall from what I can tell. Basically, if I could get one of them for free, I'd get the NeoSD Pro. It's too bad there was the issue with the spacer from the last batch. Maybe they fixed it, but I'm not sure. It's sold out now, so it's not like anyone can buy it right now anyway. Hopefully they find out what was wrong with it and fix it before the next batch.

The regular NeoSD is in stock, but I think I'd rather pay the extra 50 Euros and get the Darksoft cart. Still, the Darksoft cart is way cheaper than the NeoSD Pro and it seems to be in stock more often.

Todd said maybe next year they'll restock the NeoSD Pro AES since they seem to be prioritizing MODE and one of the MVS carts (I think the NeoSD Pro MVS) right now. I think neodev also said that he's working on something for the MegaSD and SSDS3 right now, as well. I know the MegaSD still has a few issues that need to be fixed and people are complaining about the menu in the SSDS3 for whatever reason, so I think he's making some changes to the SSDS3 menu, but I don't think it's anything aside from cosmetic changes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Looking specifically at the 2 carts' features and completely disregarding everything else, including the prices, the NeoSD Pro is just a better cart overall from what I can tell. Basically, if I could get one of them for free, I'd get the NeoSD Pro. It's too bad there was the issue with the spacer from the last batch. Maybe they fixed it, but I'm not sure. It's sold out now, so it's not like anyone can buy it right now anyway. Hopefully they find out what was wrong with it and fix it before the next batch.

The regular NeoSD is in stock, but I think I'd rather pay the extra 50 Euros and get the Darksoft cart. Still, the Darksoft cart is way cheaper than the NeoSD Pro and it seems to be in stock more often.

Todd said maybe next year they'll restock the NeoSD Pro AES since they seem to be prioritizing MODE and one of the MVS carts (I think the NeoSD Pro MVS) right now. I think neodev also said that he's working on something for the MegaSD and SSDS3 right now, as well. I know the MegaSD still has a few issues that need to be fixed and people are complaining about the menu in the SSDS3 for whatever reason, so I think he's making some changes to the SSDS3 menu, but I don't think it's anything aside from cosmetic changes.

Good points Steve. This is good stuff mention in your post. Will keep this for reference when others ask on what other members like yourself have to say about Terraonion and Darksoft's carts which is a better option. 

Anthony..

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

That's because they're very very good at shmoozing and making people feel like they care, and as long as things go smoothly and well they do.  It's how they deal with problems and adversity with their own products, and those having problems, then it goes to hell.  You had a good experience, so they gave you the good experience side of how it's handled.  I know that sounds jaded  but if you want to go thumb through the neo geo forums for their products from a back when the SSS3 came out and then other issues since, it's kind of obvious how things get handled.

I see. I'll have a look to see what you mean about the SSS3 on the fourms over their Tanooki. Got me curious. 

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

1 minute ago, fdurso224 said:

Good points Steve. This is good stuff mention in your post. Will keep this for reference when others ask on what other members like yourself have to say about Terraonion and Darksoft's carts which is a better option. 

Anthony..

I've got an even better one: RetroRGB again!

Now this is a bit outdated (I think this was made before the NeoSD Pro could play Neo Geo CD games on the AES, for example), but it's generally very good.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Announcement: We are supporting this online tournament via our e-sports support program! #SNK #SAMURAISHODOWN #SNKesportsEU #SamuraiPride #samuraispride https://smash.gg/tournament/samurai-pride-4-random-summer-edition

Anthony..

Hi guys,

本日からゲームアプリ『シノビマスター 閃乱カグラ NEW LINK』にて、KOFコラボがスタート!コラボを記念して、コラボイラスト&シノマスグッズを完全受注生産で販売決定!このチャンスをお見逃しなく! 受注期間:2020/8/31(月)23:59まで ★商品はコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=SHINOMAS

#SNK #シノマス
KOF collaboration starts today with the game application "Shinobi Master Senran Kagura NEW LINK"! To commemorate the collaboration, we decided to sell collaborative illustrations and cynomous goods as complete make-to-order manufacturing! Don't miss this chance! Ordering period: Until August 31, 2020 (Monday) 23:59 ★ Click here for products ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=SHINOMAS

#SNK#シノマス

4:10 AM · Jul 17, 2020

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#KOF#シノマス のコラボを記念して、限定Tシャツを15名様にプレゼント♪ 公式アカウントフォロー&このツイートをRTで応募完了! 応募方法はこちら https://hpgames.jp/shinomas/kof_collabo_goods.php

締切:8/1(土)-16:59

In commemoration of this collaboration, a limited T-shirt will be presented to 15 people ♪ Follow the official account & apply for this tweet at RT! Click here to apply https://hpgames.jp/shinomas/kof_collabo_goods.php

deadline :8 1(Sat)-16:59

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

【コラボCP開始!】 7/17(金)より「THE KING OF FIGHTERS」とのコラボを記念して特別なキャンペーンを開催しました! コラボカードの「凛」が手に入るイベント「熱闘!BOF」や襲来バトル「「R」襲来~力への欲求~」等、イベントが盛りだくさんです! お楽しみください♪ #KOF × #シノマス
[Collaboration CP start!] A special campaign was held on Friday, July 17th to commemorate the collaboration with "THE KING OF FIGHTERS"! There are plenty of events, such as the event "Enthusiastic! BOF" where you can get the collaboration card "Rin", and the attack battle "R" invasion ~desire for power~"! Please enjoy ♪ #KOF × #シノマス

9:00 AM · Jul 17, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【コラボガチャ開催!】 7/17(金)より「コラボ爆乳祭・KOF」を開催! プレイアブルキャラとして「クーラ」「アテナ」「レオナ」が新規参入いたします! また、「月光」「閃光」の爆乳祭限定カードもあわせて再登場♪ #KOF × #シノマス
[Collaboration gacha held!] "Collaboration Breast Festival KOF" will be held from 7/17 (Fri.)! ``Coola'', ``Athena'' and ``Leona'' will newly enter as playable characters! In addition, "Moonlight" and "Senko" huge breast festival limited cards will also reappear. ♪ #KOF × #シノマス

11:51 AM · Jul 17, 2020·

Anthony..

20 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I've got an even better one: RetroRGB again!

Now this is a bit outdated (I think this was made before the NeoSD Pro could play Neo Geo CD games on the AES, for example), but it's generally very good.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this before Steve. I agree. It's a well made video from RetroRGB and i posted it up here on the thread. But glad to see it up again by you. I had to listen in on all I forgot on what he had to say. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

18 hours ago, dolemite14 said:

Here is my latest Neo Geo Love.

Hey Glynn,

Another excellent video by you bro. Thank you for sharing this up on the Neo-Geo thread for us to enjoy. Excellent goodies as usual. Uniios 4.9 from James at JNX, Mustation Nation. Samurai Shodown I & II, Fatal Fury Special, King of the Monsters 2, Galaxy Fight for the AES. Awesome to see and glad it's now in your collection bro. 8^)

Awesome to see the Neo-Geo sign next to you Glynn. It looks perfect right next to you when you speak. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Everybody knows about the SNK Neo Geo MVS but do you know about what came before it? This is the story of the world's first interchangeable arcade unit - the DECO Cassette System! #RetroGaming #DataEast #Arcade #DECO #RetroGamer #VideoGames #NeoGeo https://buff.ly/32wzW7B

Anthony...

Also a fun fact with Kuroko, Gameboy Samurai Shodown/Spirits 1 you can play as his as a full on character with moves, story, etc.  Actually the overly easy code I'll supply next works to unlock 3 not just 1.

Play as Kuroko/Hikyaku/Amakusa in SS1---Gameboy version
1. On the third screen of the opening, press select 3 times.

• Like 1

We were talking about this before, but it seems that Castlemania and HD Retrovision might do a small run of Neo Geo converter cables.

This thing was absolutely worth it, so if anyone here wants one of these and they do make another batch of these, don't hesitate. You do need the HD Retrovision Genesis 2 cable for it, of course, although I suppose any Genesis 2 cable would work as well.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Also a fun fact with Kuroko, Gameboy Samurai Shodown/Spirits 1 you can play as his as a full on character with moves, story, etc.  Actually the overly easy code I'll supply next works to unlock 3 not just 1.

Play as Kuroko/Hikyaku/Amakusa in SS1---Gameboy version
1. On the third screen of the opening, press select 3 times.

Ah interesting to know Tanooki. I was meaning to play it again on the Game Boy. Thanks for bringing this up. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

54 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

We were talking about this before, but it seems that Castlemania and HD Retrovision might do a small run of Neo Geo converter cables.

This thing was absolutely worth it, so if anyone here wants one of these and they do make another batch of these, don't hesitate. You do need the HD Retrovision Genesis 2 cable for it, of course, although I suppose any Genesis 2 cable would work as well.

Oh wow! That's really great news to know Steve. I really would like to buy one. Seeing this posting makes my day and pushes me to finally get one. 8^)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KOFコラボのアテナの衣装デザインをご紹介♪ アテナのイメージカラーでもある赤でまとめた王道の三角ビキニに、アクセントの腕輪でオシャレ度UP! ぜひゲーム内でチェックして下さいね♪ ガチャは8/1(金)まで!! #KOF#シノマス
Introducing the costume design of Athena of KOF collaboration ♪ The royal road triangular bikini, which is also the color of Athena's image, is fashionable with bangles as accents! Please check in the game ♪ Gacha until 8/1 (Friday)!! #KOF#シノマス

10:04 PM · Jul 18, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KOFコラボのクーラの衣装デザインをご紹介♪ 氷の結晶とフリルをあしらったとっても可愛らしいデザインとなっています。涼しげな衣装にキュートな笑顔は最高で最強!アツい夏を彩ること間違い無しです♪ ガチャは8/1(金)まで!! #KOF#シノマス
Introducing the KOF collaboration cooler costume design ♪ It has a very cute design with ice crystals and frills. Cool clothes and cute smiles are the best and strongest! There is no doubt that it will be a hot summer ♪ Gacha until 8/1 (Friday)!! #KOF#シノマス

10:08 PM · Jul 18, 2020·

Anthony..